CSNbbs
Is Coach Andy Mac on the hot seat??? - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: CUSAbbs (/forum-514.html)
+---- Forum: CUSA Team Talk (/forum-432.html)
+----- Forum: Middle Tennessee (/forum-301.html)
+----- Thread: Is Coach Andy Mac on the hot seat??? (/thread-13036.html)

- RaiderVol97 - 07-15-2005 02:52 PM

What do you all think???
[Image: mccollum_andy_midten.jpg]

- Unixmaster - 07-16-2005 06:59 AM

I thought he should have been gone after the 2003 season. And again, after the 2004 season

If the consecutive home opening losses to 1aa teams in 2002 and 2003 , wasn't enough, the Temple game was absolutely the worst example of coaching incompetence I have ever seen.

So for three consecutive seasons, now, he has lost the home opener in front of the largest crowd of the season to 1aa competition. I went to three road games last season and saw three pathetic blow-out losses demonstrating that mccollum is unable to get his team prepared.

The constant negative press about our attendance the last few years is the responsibility of mccollum and his losing games year in and year out he should win. The APR score, the lowest in college football - it wasn't even close, which heaped more disdain on the FB program, brought the university more embarassment. Again that is the responsibility of mccollum.:mad:

Now here we are in 2005 with a huge number of starters returning. If he can't win this year, he needs to be gone. I suspect McPhee will not put up with what has gone on the last three seasons happening again this fall.

Absolutely MUST-WINS, IMHO, are North Texas and Vanderbilt. Even if he finishes 6-5, but loses those two again, he needs to be gone, IMHO.

I'm tired of listening to excuses from mccollum and those that enable him. He has the largest FB budget of any Sun Belt program and has had for every year of SBC football. It is time for him to produce or be gone.

- RaiderATO - 07-17-2005 10:32 AM

I second the motion.

- midlandtiger - 07-20-2005 10:55 AM

He should be gone at year end, unless MTSU become conf. champs. Bring back Boots, just kidding. I am a Memphis fan 1st but do pull for MTSU part time. He has had long enough to start something good. I don't think the program has improved on bit under his control. Facility wise there has been great strides, but just look what West has done with Memphis such a short time.

- midlandtiger - 07-20-2005 11:00 AM

SpaceRaider, is that a pic of the MTSU vs Kansas basketball game in the 90's?

- Big Squirrel - 07-20-2005 02:39 PM

It looks like the home game against WKU 2 years ago to me. It looks like Nigel Dixon is out on the court, and you couldn't miss Big Jelly, since he took up most of the floor.

- Unixmaster - 07-20-2005 03:51 PM

The pic is from the game with Western Kentucky two years ago.

- Stephen37130 - 07-23-2005 07:01 AM

Before the spring, I would have given you a 7-4 record as the make or break point for Andy. Anything less than that record and Andy would need to update the resume. After Temple got switched with NC State, I revised my expectations down to 6-5.

But as the summer has worn on and the excitement for September has built up, I think I am back to 7-4. I will allow for losses against Bama and State. I think I might even allow for a loss against Vandy. But if Middle beats Vandy but loses THREE games in the SBC, then clearly it would warrant a close evaluation of Andy's ability to get MT over the hump. And based upon the points Space made, I don't think Massaro could justify retaining Mac.

I think the NT game on the 10th is the key. Lose that game and the attacks will start up early and go on all season. Win that game and a 9-2 season is a distinct probability.