CSNbbs
2002 reflections and standing behind Coach Briggs! - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SoConbbs (/forum-266.html)
+---- Forum: SoCon Team Talk (/forum-944.html)
+----- Forum: Western Carolina (/forum-275.html)
+----- Thread: 2002 reflections and standing behind Coach Briggs! (/thread-12791.html)

- Catamount Cooter - 11-16-2002 07:40 PM

Well, the 1st year of the Kent Briggs era is over. We took a step back from 2001 by finishing 5-6, 3-5 in SoCon. The biggest letdowns were injuries, the ETSU game-(payback's a ***** Bucs!!), the Furman loss, and, of course, today's loss. However, I firmly believe that Coach Briggs will take this program to heights not seen since the days of Bob Waters. The following has to happen though.

1) Support of Coach Briggs and his staff 100%. Cary Godette is rumored to be a candidate for East Carolina, should they get rid of Steve Logan, and we don't need this to happen. KEEP THIS STAFF INTACT! Continuity is a MUST!

2) Financial support HAS to come in at an all time high. My check will headed to Cullowhee in January for sure. With the proposed new weight room, new stands, and restaurant at the stadium, we will FINALLY have some of the facilities we need to compete.

3) RECRUIT! RECRUIT!! RECRUIT!!! This program has so much potential for a young student-athlete. Asheville is only 1 hour away, and the other surrounding cities offer great activities as well.

WCU will come out fighting. I am totally convinced of this! Cannot wait for the spring game already or for August 2003! GO CATS!!!

<!--EDIT|Catamount Cooter|Nov 17 2002, 12:47 AM-->

- Catamount Cooter - 12-14-2002 04:18 PM

Read in the Charlotte Observer, we play at NC State next season. I hope Coach Briggs isn't following the lead of Coach Waters and playing the "money games". While the dollars help the facilities, WINS help more. Oh well, I can only support. GO CATS IN 2003!! 04-drinky

- Catamount Cooter - 12-21-2002 03:11 PM

THIS BOARD IS DEAD!!! MY GOD, WHERE ARE THE DANG SOCON FANS?!!!! :bang: :mad: GO SOCON AND WCU IN 2003!!!!!

- Catamount Cooter - 01-14-2003 08:14 PM

:eek: We open the 2004 season at Alabama!! DAMN!! Oh well, a big paycheck and a good road trip. I have a good friend who played at Alabama, so it'll be cool to hook up again. Plus, Tuscaloosa is a nice place. Hope Coach Briggs knows what he's doing! GO CATS!!

- SoCon1ASU71 - 01-23-2003 11:00 AM

I say, FIRE BRIGGS!, so another transition period will stall off the inevitable WCU return to prominence! :D :D

- Catamount Cooter - 01-23-2003 08:33 PM

:D MWAAHHHHH!!!! NEVER!!!! GO CATS!!!