CSNbbs
Nutt proclaims the greatness of car dealerships - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: SECbbs (/forum-285.html)
+---- Forum: SEC West Team Talk (/forum-238.html)
+----- Forum: Arkansas (/forum-249.html)
+----- Thread: Nutt proclaims the greatness of car dealerships (/thread-11826.html)

- bigolhawg - 07-31-2002 12:56 PM

Talk about asking for another NCAA investigation...

Houston Nutts About Car Dealers, Media

Tuesday, July 30, 2002

Annual Golf Tournament Strictly For "Appreciation"

By Grant Hall

The Morning News/NWAonline.net

- calling_the_hogs - 07-31-2002 04:54 PM

Ever since Nutt had gotten labeled by a journalist as a 'used car salesman', he's been using it for positive publicity, basically taking lemons and making lemonade.

I love he held that tourney. That's a quick and easy way to deepen a fan base, and also to get some of those rich car dealers to buy some of those outdoor club seats.

As for Nutt as a car salesman, I wouldn't say that, only because Nutt isn't annoying like one. Nutt's a great motivator though, he can pump up a crowd like nothing else. He's also a great salesman. The man can sell ice to Eskimos. It's showing by the recruiting classes climbing higher in the rankings each year. This year, the class is already projected at #8 in the country.

Lou Holtz was right, Nutt's the best man UA could ask for.

WPS!

- bigolhawg - 07-31-2002 10:18 PM

I definitely agree that Nutt is the best Arkansas, or anyone else for that matter, could ask for. He is all class and is grossly underrated. I believe he is one of the best coaches in college football, and even though he has been constantly linked to some of the top jobs in the country no one takes notice of last years SEC Coach of the Year.

I just found it that quote pretty humorous when I saw it over on CFN and thought I would share it with the Hog faithful.