CSNbbs
Walter Washington - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: Temple (/forum-482.html)
+----- Thread: Walter Washington (/thread-116028.html)

- Gang Green - 06-17-2005 03:16 PM

My guess would be AFL or AFL2.

- rocketfootball - 06-17-2005 07:24 PM

I said no football because that is my gut feeling. However, I think he could be successful in either the CFL or AFL2.

- Anonymous - 06-17-2005 09:42 PM

CFL. They love those guys that run around on that huge field!

- 75rjm - 06-20-2005 06:59 AM

He may end up in the CFL. He really should of stayed in School. He listened to the wrong people. The draft proved he was not as good as he thought he was. As I said before, the Eagles will be OK without TO and Temple will be ok without WW.

- PhillyPhlash - 06-25-2005 05:22 PM

The Eagles will not be ok without TO.

- 75rjm - 06-27-2005 07:02 AM

He accepted a contract that he felt was very good. Now he wants more. He needs to live with the contract that he has. You and I cannot go back to our employers and ask for more so why should he? He also has the option of leaving. I do not care for Jeff L but I do agree that he should not be talking new contract with TO!

- PhillyPhlash - 06-28-2005 03:45 PM

TO does have a legitimate beef with Reid, Banner, JL, and the rest of the boys in the front office. I think Rosenhaus pointed out to TO the situations regarding former Eagles like Bobby Taylor, Troy Vincent, and Duce Staley. That probably pissed TO off because I think he saw that he would be betrayed by the Eagles at some point during his current contract, probably when the coaching staff decided his skills had declined. Now I'm not saying that the Eagles are wrong here, actually what they're doing is a great business practice. I just question if not letting your best player play is the best way to go about winning the SuperBowl. I think the birds are going to be in trouble this year if TO is not going to play.

- Gang Green - 06-28-2005 05:15 PM

The Eagles should not re-do the deal.
T.O. signed this contract...he needs to honor it. The Eagles will not buckle AND T.O. will be in for the first regular season game.

- PhillyPhlash - 07-03-2005 10:49 AM

But what about the Eagles honoring their side of the deal??? Not saying I agree with either party but it is an interesting philosophical question.

- Gang Green - 07-05-2005 04:44 PM

Thats the culture that the players association agreed to. There are basically no guaranteed contracts. However, their signing bonus is guaranteed. Cutting a player earlier (before expiration of contract) could penalize the organization by suming up the proration of remaing signing bonus into current year.

If TO didn't like the deal he should have stayed in Baltimore or SF. Don't get me wrong...I love the T.O. on the field. The Eagles need T.O. to increase their odds of making it back to the big dance.

- adeluca6 - 07-05-2005 09:06 PM

At McDonald's flipping burgers.