CSNbbs
PapaJohns.com Bowl OFFICIAL PLANNING THREAD - Printable Version

+- CSNbbs (https://csnbbs.com)
+-- Forum: Active Boards (/forum-769.html)
+--- Forum: AACbbs (/forum-460.html)
+---- Forum: Members (/forum-401.html)
+----- Forum: East Carolina (/forum-443.html)
+----- Thread: PapaJohns.com Bowl OFFICIAL PLANNING THREAD (/thread-107099.html)

Pages: 1 2

PapaJohns.com Bowl OFFICIAL PLANNING THREAD - william146 - 11-28-2006 11:35 AM

Post hotel, flights, travel, etc info in this thread. It would take a Christmas Miracle for me to get there, but just in case, let's get all the info possible out there.

Tickets are $30 per their website.

http://www.papajohnsbowl.com/

Will be December 23 at 1pm EST on ESPN2 vs. a Big East team.

Re: PapaJohns.com Bowl OFFICIAL PLANNING THREAD - GrayBeard - 11-28-2006 11:38 AM

william146 Wrote:Post hotel, flights, travel, etc info in this thread. It would take a Christmas Miracle for me to get there, but just in case, let's get all the info possible out there.

Tickets are $30 per their website.

http://www.papajohnsbowl.com/

Will be December 23 at 1pm EST on ESPN2 vs. a Big East team.

Anybody that wants to donate to the "Get GrayBeard to the Bowl" fund, please have at it. I am still not sure that I would be allowed to return, however.

Actually, JK about the donations, but if you are a praying person, pray that God will make this happen for me.

- HowardD11 - 11-28-2006 12:27 PM

How many do you think we will bring? What if ECU puts as many or more people in Legion Feild than UAB has all season?

- william146 - 11-28-2006 01:25 PM

I'm actually going to be able to go. Some folks at work have found some relatively cheap flights from PGV to Birmingham. WOO HOO!

- BlazerMatt - 11-28-2006 04:32 PM

http://www.ncaabbs.com/forums/uab/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=35282

- ShoreBuc - 11-28-2006 06:01 PM

I am locked in and ready to go. Staying at the Marriott across the street from the team hotel.

- WalkThePlank - 11-28-2006 06:04 PM

I love Pizza.

- HowardD11 - 11-28-2006 08:48 PM

william146 Wrote:I'm actually going to be able to go. Some folks at work have found some relatively cheap flights from PGV to Birmingham. WOO HOO!

PGV to Birmingham?? Can you give me a ballpark figure?

- GrayBeard - 11-28-2006 10:28 PM

Sadly, this trip is not looking very likely. Right now, things just aren't working out.

03-weeping

- PurplePeopleEater - 11-28-2006 10:32 PM

HowardD11 Wrote:
william146 Wrote:I'm actually going to be able to go. Some folks at work have found some relatively cheap flights from PGV to Birmingham. WOO HOO!

I've got a one way ticket for around $140 (riding back with friends). Depart Greenville at 7:00 am Saturday morning, land in Birmingham at 10:00 CT (two hours before kickoff).

- william146 - 11-28-2006 10:32 PM

HowardD11 Wrote:

Starting around $250.

- PirateTreasureNC - 11-29-2006 12:58 AM

william146 Wrote:
HowardD11 Wrote:

Starting around $250.

W/ transport to and fro from the game? I think the Pirate Club Travel Package for a one day-er isn't too bad w/ all that is included.

- chris_young - 11-29-2006 07:17 AM

So you are all thinking Southern Miss will loose to Houston?

- chris_young - 11-29-2006 07:30 AM

chris_young Wrote:So you are all thinking Southern Miss will loose to Houston?

Just now read that we jumped the gun and accepted a bowl bid . . . .

- Lethemeul - 11-29-2006 08:14 AM

GrayBeard Wrote:Sadly, this trip is not looking very likely. Right now, things just aren't working out.

03-weeping

You're not alone, GB. I'm gonna miss it too. Gonna be in California that week.

- GrayBeard - 11-29-2006 08:27 AM

chris_young Wrote:

What?

- ShoreBuc - 11-29-2006 08:59 AM

GrayBeard Wrote:
chris_young Wrote:

What?

I dont get that one either 03-confused I guess he means waiting for the GMAC Bowl whose date was better for some. In my mind there is no comparison of playing a BigEast team in the PapaJohns Bowl and a MAC team in Mobile.
GMAC Bowl while getting the spotlight on their date is going to come at the end of a long series of Bowl Games. Most folks will be Bowl gamed out and just waiting for the BCS Championship game. ESPN will present it as one last mid major Bowl before the main event of the BCS Championship and probably spend most the game talking about that match up.
End of the day it is also ECU playing a MAC squad which will not help our cause. We will get more credit if we beat a BCS squad. It will also look impressive on T.V. to see way more ECU/CUSA fans then BigEast fans.

- william146 - 11-29-2006 09:13 AM

chris_young Wrote:

We didn't jump any gun ... GMAC decided to take the loser of the Championship, and Liberty the winner. Therefore, the other bowls made their decisions.

Attendance wise, this might not be the best bowl, but it's definietly the best (besides Liberty) match-up wise IMO.

- Lethemeul - 11-29-2006 09:29 AM

chris_young Wrote:

Just to add to what everybody else has said we, most likely, had very little to do with what bowl we were invited to.

Liberty bowl - first choice (required to take the champ this year)
GMAC bowl - second choice, supposed to take the loser of the champ game.

Based on what I've read and heard, all the other bowls send their top two picks to the CUSA office. We were wanted by the GMAC bowl and Birmingham, as was USM. The GMAC bowl is terrified that Houston will lose the CC game and will end up in their bowl and bring about half of their 25 fans, so they balked at having to take the loser of the CC game.

They lost that fight.

- GrayBeard - 11-29-2006 10:03 AM

Lethemeul Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:Sadly, this trip is not looking very likely. Right now, things just aren't working out.

03-weeping

You're not alone, GB. I'm gonna miss it too. Gonna be in California that week.

I'm on a cruise the weekend before the game, and won't get back until Tuesday. A flight out on Friday or Saturday morning would be a little too much. 03-weeping