UAB Blazers

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Interested in others’ viewpoints on unis
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB
Interested in others’ viewpoints on unis
Are we overdoing the “Birmingham” and “205” and grey, black, neon, etc.? Haven’t we fought for so long to establish “UAB”? And I’m not sure most general fans know/remember that we are green & gold (it’s not really highlighted that well in Blaze mascot.

(In a general observation, I also predict we are going to wear those “Blazers” script helmets this football season and my head will explode)
04-10-2024 12:02 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BlazerMatt Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For:
DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
RE: Interested in others’ viewpoints on unis
I am a simple man. Forest Green, Old Gold, White.

They can say Birmingham, or 205 or UAB or Magic City, or whatever, but I'm pretty much over the greys and neon greens and; if I never see another black jersey again I would be perfectly content with that.

Now pardon me while I go yell at some kids to get off my lawn.
04-10-2024 04:36 AM
MAN4UAB Online
All American

(04-10-2024 04:36 AM)BlazerMatt Wrote:  I am a simple man. Forest Green, Old Gold, White.

They can say Birmingham, or 205 or UAB or Magic City, or whatever, but I'm pretty much over the greys and neon greens and; if I never see another black jersey again I would be perfectly content with that.

Now pardon me while I go yell at some kids to get off my lawn.

I agree! Stay with the traditional colors.
04-10-2024 06:32 AM
LairDweller Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB #1/Iowa #2
Agreed.
But at the same time, I know AK said the decision for the last game was simple. He asked the players what they wanted to wear. I have a hard time arguing against that
04-10-2024 08:22 AM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
The players this year rallied behind the BIRMINGHAM uniforms. To me, I think it was less of a color issue and more of the players wanting to represent our fair city.

I think we can get some more home unis with the BIRMINGHAM on them a la early 1980s. I'd also like to see some sweet throwbacks:

[Image: donnie-speer.jpg]
04-10-2024 08:26 AM
Marathon Blazer Offline
Heisman

Never been a big fan of the gray or black jerseys, unless the team were playing has green as one of their colors. I would like to see some gold jerseys.
04-10-2024 09:19 AM
Advertisement

blazerblazer Offline
1st String

Basketball - I love the Birmingham jerseys and players seem to embrace it; however, can we wear those gray Birmingham jerseys at home and let the other team wear their colors? I hate seeing the Gray v. White matchup on TV when we are playing away games. Basketball has so many games, I'm fine with the current rotation or jerseys. I also enjoy the black uniforms on occasion - best in moderation not all the time.

Football - Last year we rotated jerseys way too often and unlike some of our peers, we only have 6 home games. If we could grab 7 home games, then I would be fine with 2 alternate unis, but homecoming/Children's Harbor is always the lime greens (for now). Please don't wear those twice again this year.
If we wear black jerseys, I want to only wear them for a night game, maybe specifically Friday night or if we ever get a Black Friday game.
If we do wear a black uniform or a second alt jersey then maybe have Birmingham, Magic City, Iron City, etc on the front. Really make it an alternate uniform. I've enjoyed UCF alternates recently (space unis are great) and I like when SMU has the Dallas jerseys.
Other than that, bring back the gold pants!
04-10-2024 09:34 AM
UABFAN23 Offline
1st String

Regarding hoops, We’ve worn Birmingham jerseys for a city that don’t support us. Get back to white, green, and gold with blazers or UAB on the front.

I prefer gold Birmingham Unis(rare occasions to bring these out) over the gray. Dump the gray. The black unis can serve a purpose, as they did this year.

For football, I only liked the black unis this season. I want to see a rebirth of the 2014 unis and helmets. Or a cleaner version of the Callaway era unis with more green involved.
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2024 10:52 AM by UABFAN23.)
04-10-2024 10:41 AM
FNblazer Offline
#freeuab

BlazerTalk Award
I thought the football uniforms overall were ass this year. I generally like the Under Armour stuff, but if we have to go to Nike, I'd rather do Jordan as some of you have mentioned.

One thing I'm curious of is whether the basketball players like the shoe choices they have, or if Nike provides better quality.
04-10-2024 10:46 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB!!!
I hate a lot of the football uniforms. Especially the neon colors, non-school colors, and uniforms, and look like a troll vomited up a neon Crayola set all over a football uniform.

What are our school colors? Why can we not stick to those predominantly?

I like the Birmingham uniforms. Actually love when we do that on the unis. I’m cool with the gray basketball uniforms, because they still incorporate some of our main school color, forest, green.

I just hate most of the football uniforms, particularly most of the ones from last year.

How is anyone supposed to know who we are when we change our colors, uniforms, etc. every single game?
04-10-2024 11:37 AM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

I’m still relatively young. Hanging onto my 30s. I feel like I have a Fair view point, not an angry old man yelling at the wind viewpoint lol
04-10-2024 11:41 AM
Advertisement

grendelson138 Offline
Special Teams

I don't mind the basketball uniform switch ups. I like having a Birmingham option, but I wouldn't be offended if it was a once-a-year type thing.

Regarding shoes, Under Armour shoes are ugly as all get out. Everything I've heard is they are cheap as heck too. I work with someone who was in Auburn's athletic department for a bit, and he said their ankle injuries and other injury issues spiked when they switched to UA shoes.

I can think of three or four times I've seen our basketball players have shoe issues during games too. Once or twice they fell apart mid-play. Not sure if that's just as common with other brands, but I always say a curse word or two directed at UA when I see a sole flop off or a shoe fly across the basketball court.

But seriously, UA shoes are ugly ugly ugly...
04-10-2024 11:49 AM
MAN4UAB Online
All American

(04-10-2024 11:41 AM)The Answer UAB Wrote:  I’m still relatively young. Hanging onto my 30s. I feel like I have a Fair view point, not an angry old man yelling at the wind viewpoint lol

Give it time. You will be like the rest of us.
04-10-2024 01:33 PM
The Answer UAB Offline
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2024 11:49 AM)grendelson138 Wrote:  I don't mind the basketball uniform switch ups. I like having a Birmingham option, but I wouldn't be offended if it was a once-a-year type thing.

Regarding shoes, Under Armour shoes are ugly as all get out. Everything I've heard is they are cheap as heck too. I work with someone who was in Auburn's athletic department for a bit, and he said their ankle injuries and other injury issues spiked when they switched to UA shoes.

I can think of three or four times I've seen our basketball players have shoe issues during games too. Once or twice they fell apart mid-play. Not sure if that's just as common with other brands, but I always say a curse word or two directed at UA when I see a sole flop off or a shoe fly across the basketball court.

But seriously, UA shoes are ugly ugly ugly...

I agree. Theyre ugly. And they are all ugly and garish colors, that don't match anything UAB-related, just like the football uniforms. But the players seem to like them.

I dunno if they showed this on TV, but at the NCAA tournament game, in the 2nd half EG's shoe came off. I think it was during a timeout or stoppage of play, but the ball was about to be inbounded soon and EG was just standing there with one of his shoes in his hands not knowing what to do. AK looked like he was about to blow a gasket.
04-10-2024 01:36 PM
uabblazer2012 Offline
All American

We have such unique uniform combos, anything the players want and gets us any additional time on ESPN and the like I'm all for.
04-10-2024 02:54 PM
ATTALLABLAZE Offline
Administrator

I Root For: UAB Blazers

The Parliament AwardsCrappiesDonatorsBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardCrappies
+1 oh and just win.
04-10-2024 08:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UAB Band Dad Offline
Occasionally Reasonable

I Root For: A Free UAB!
BlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk AwardBlazerTalk Award
Dark green, old gold, and white. I'm ok with the Children's Harbor unis, but other than that I don't care for the gray and black and neon green. Gold or green Birmingham jerseys are fine from time to time.

Mostly I lean toward Wear Green, Dammit!
04-10-2024 08:56 PM
blazr Away
Hall of Famer

(04-10-2024 09:34 AM)blazerblazer Wrote:  Other than that, bring back the gold pants!

Def bring back the gold pants
04-10-2024 11:31 PM
GoBlazers468 Offline
2nd String

I just want the dragon scales on the shoulder pads back
04-10-2024 11:42 PM
bigdunks Offline
2nd String

I am also not fond of the gray uniforms especially in basketball. I don't like them at home or on the road. The contrast on TV is not good against white and I just don't like gray at home. I actually like the black basketball uniforms but those need more gold trim.[/align][/u] I think I would like the BIRMINGHAM jersey in white, green or black.
04-11-2024 06:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.