Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Biden* admin gives $20 BILLION to 8 nonprofits to fight 'climate change'
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden* admin gives $20 BILLION to 8 nonprofits to fight 'climate change'
Quote:Eight environmental nonprofits are set to receive a combined $20 billion in federal funds from the Biden administration as part of its efforts to fight climate change. The money was authorized in the Inflation Reduction Act, which despite its name was a massive spending bill pushed through Congress by the then-Democrat majority.

In a written statement, Vice-President Kamala Harris celebrated the allocation of these funds, referring to the initiative as “the largest investment in financing for community-based climate projects in our nation’s history.”

“The grantees announced today will help ensure that families, small businesses, and community leaders have access to the capital they need to make climate and clean energy projects a reality in their neighborhoods,” Vice President Kamala Harris said in a written statement.

These funds come from the 2022 Inflation Reduction Act, which was essentially a climate, tax, and healthcare bill which many Republican lawmakers have referred to as a “slush fund." The Biden administration is seeking to quickly distribute these funds before 2025, when Republicans could potentially regain control of Congress and eliminate them.

According to The Hill, the eight nonprofits set to receive these funds are the Climate United Fund, Coalition for Green Capital, Power Forward Communities, Opportunity Finance Network, Inclusiv, Justice Climate Fund, Appalachian Community Capital, and Native CDFI Network.

These nonprofits will utilize the funds to provide loans to businesses, homeowners, and various groups, with a focus on promoting the adoption of clean energy technologies, per the New York Times. $14 billion of the funds are specifically reserved for low-income and rural areas, neighborhoods of color, and other specific communities.

Opportunity Finance Network is set to be the largest recipient of the organizations mentioned. The organization is a network of over 400 community development financial institutions and has stated that it aims to "revolutionize the community development finance industry through new clean energy investments in underinvested communities, prioritizing climate action, equity, and community benefits."

EPA administrator Michael Regan called this initiative “unprecedented” and stated that the funds will help communities “that for too long have been shut out of resources to lower costs and benefit from clean technology solutions.”

Link
(This post was last modified: 04-07-2024 05:32 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
04-07-2024 05:19 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owl 69/70/75 Online
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
RE: Biden* admin gives $20 BILLION to 8 nonprofits to fight 'climate change'
Why don't we "revolutionize" the "community development finance industry" by eliminating it? Talk about a slush fund for useless and wasteful projects, there's one.
04-07-2024 09:48 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Well, at least it's now obvious why there are so many climate nuts. Follow the money.
04-08-2024 07:44 AM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
$20B to people to "fight" climate change and I'll bet you a dollar all that they come up with is me having to give up whatever the government tells to give up.
04-08-2024 07:56 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(04-08-2024 07:56 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  $20B to people to "fight" climate change and I'll bet you a dollar all that they come up with is me having to give up whatever the government tells to give up.

There's no fight to be brought to the issue which will produce the results the left claims to desire. This is simply another step in their massive wealth redistribution scheme. How funny that they get to pick the winners and losers in that particular lottery.
04-08-2024 08:25 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.