Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Lockett to Play in the Women's College All-Star Game
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
MyBB Lockett to Play in the Women's College All-Star Game
Announced today that she was accepted to play. Congrats Q!

Game played in Cleveland, as part of Final 4 Weekend - April 6, 3:30 PM, ESPN2.

Have not yet seen a full list of the players selected, I did see that Unique Drake from St. John's is one of them, and Abby Hsu from Columbia.

Coaches will include former greats like Cheryl Miller, Nancy Lieberman and Kelsey Plum.

https://womenscollegeallstar.com/
03-29-2024 06:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Lockett to Play in the Women's College All-Star Game
Full rosters announced for Saturday's game:

https://womenscollegeallstar.com/2024/04...star-game/
04-04-2024 05:46 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Lockett to Play in the Women's College All-Star Game
Q definitely showed some things in the All-Star game. Was not wearing her brace. Scored 11 I think (can't find a box,) got a handful of boards, sometimes over taller players, some steals, several nice assists, one big block and played some good D. Things she didn't do well was finish - missed several layups (mostly contested), and committed a bunch of fouls.

But, she looked like one of the 2 or 3 fastest/quickest players on the court. A couple times she got a rebound and sprinted with the ball down to the other end flying by all the defenders and got to the basket. She got herself open a lot, which not many of the players did. She lost her defender and found lanes to the bucket several times and got feeds from her teammates. On D, played well against Fair and some others, but got stuck guarding bigs like McKenzie Holmes off of screen-and roles several times. She didn't give an inch, but that's where she picked up some fouls.

She did not start, but her team played a 5-player hockey-rotation, switching out all 5 around half-way through the 1st 3 quarters. Interesting thing though, they had the starters in for the end-game, except they also subbed in Q who finished the game with them. So the coaches must have seen something to trust her more than some of the other options. Unfortunately, her team did not win, as they kinds fell apart the last quarter, giving up a huge lead.

Clearly showed she belonged on the court with those other players, but needs to be able to finish and keep improving her shooting to make it at the next level I think.
04-06-2024 05:42 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.