Coach k is reportedly firmly in the mix for the job
03-25-2024 11:26 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UTROCKET Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Toledo
RE: Coach K to Utah state???
Great, he’ll just use this as a way to get a contract extension at UT…..
03-25-2024 12:03 PM
PrettyGoodRocket Offline
Special Teams

Utah State boards saying they either want TK or Simon from BG, good to keep an eye on this one.
03-25-2024 12:05 PM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
(03-25-2024 11:26 AM)Macfan123 Wrote:  https://x.com/mattnorlander/status/17722...26375?s=46
Coach k is reportedly firmly in the mix for the job

If you remember, his name was mentioned for the Utah St Job after last season before Danny Sprinkle was hired. If this report is true, and he does get hired, you cannot fault him at all as The Mountain West is a multi bid league while The MAC cannot even get their regular season champion into the NIT with their new set up! Toledo would be a very attractive Mid Major job with winning tradition, great facilities, and a large fan base. Until this gets resolved, it will definitely hurt recruiting!
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 12:09 PM by Basketball Jones.)
03-25-2024 12:08 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

Does he really want to pull his kid out of HS mid-way?? He has a beautiful house and is quite settled into the community after 14 years, Hmmmm
03-25-2024 12:25 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(03-25-2024 12:03 PM)UTROCKET Wrote:  Great, he’ll just use this as a way to get a contract extension at UT…..

Doubt the AD has the resources to do that anymore.
03-25-2024 12:40 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

(03-25-2024 12:25 PM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  Does he really want to pull his kid out of HS mid-way?? He has a beautiful house and is quite settled into the community after 14 years, Hmmmm

I mean, Danny Sprinkle's contract was for $925,000...that's over twice what K makes here. You'll do a lot for another half million dollars on your salary line and being able to work here [Image: FhNmeR0VsAAR88A.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 12:45 PM by BearcatMan.)
03-25-2024 12:43 PM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

aggiefan20003 wrote: ↑Today, 12:44 pm
Kowalczyk from what i’ve heard is a done deal unless something changes. Was done before Sprinkle left. Expect most of current roster to enter portal including Mason Falslev. (No he’s not going to an in state rival)
So it is a done deal, unless it is not.

https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopic...=6&t=71411
03-25-2024 07:10 PM
holybovine Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Don’t you all want to fire him anyway?
03-25-2024 07:20 PM
adunifon Offline
Heisman

Coach K to Utah state???
(03-25-2024 07:20 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Don’t you all want to fire him anyway?

No, that’s the football coach.
03-25-2024 07:25 PM
cleveland Offline
1st String

I Root For: basketball
(03-25-2024 07:20 PM)holybovine Wrote:  Don’t you all want to fire him anyway?

Utah State board acts like TK has been working in the MAC dregs. They think he has the worst facilities, worst fan base and worst budget in the MAC but wins despite of it.

Don't know where they get their info, or if they're just trying to justify the hire.

For the record, UT arguably has the best facility, the best fan base and the best basketball budget in the league ... not to mention the most ideal recruiting spot nestled a nice short drive from Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland and Indianapolis.

TK has been good for Toledo, but his record speaks for itself, positively and negatively.
03-25-2024 07:37 PM
Advertisement

utrocks84 Offline
Special Teams

This was in the works for a while, as I posted earlier in this thread “ watch for staff moves”. If he leaves maybe in a few years we’ll talk about these last four years and wish for that type of success. Utah State conference maybe a nice place to coach your son and then retire. We will see. Hey maybe we can get Nagy from Wright State here he can recruit big men.
03-25-2024 08:34 PM
FMRocket Offline
All American

I Root For: UT Blue & Gold
(03-25-2024 08:34 PM)utrocks84 Wrote:  This was in the works for a while, as I posted earlier in this thread “ watch for staff moves”. If he leaves maybe in a few years we’ll talk about these last four years and wish for that type of success. Utah State conference maybe a nice place to coach your son and then retire. We will see. Hey maybe we can get Nagy from Wright State here he can recruit big men.

Also how coincidental that our top 3 players enter the portal within the last week …
If K does leave, there will be an abundance of capable applicants since the Toledo job is one of the best in the MAC on all counts !!
Will have to wait and see !!
Maybe this is all leverage on his part to get an extension beyond 2025-26 !!
03-25-2024 08:44 PM
Springboromark Offline
All American

Next coach for UT ? Hire from within ? Nagy as well has not done as well here (WSU) the last 2 seasons, his teams have flame out in the Horizon tournament. Sure he can recruit the big man, one big positive.
03-25-2024 09:08 PM
Sleepy Offline
1st String

Also how coincidental that our top 3 players enter the portal within the last week …

[/quote]

I bet if he leaves the first move he makes is to take Ben Wight with him.
03-25-2024 10:01 PM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

Beware TK, if you are chosen and accept the coaching position at Utah St, your Boss will be the Athletic Director who unceremoniously fired the Women's Basketball Coach immediately following their Mountain West Tournament game loss. In addition, the Coach subsequently announced her own firing at the postgame press conference. Talk about "bad optics" and a total lack of class!
(This post was last modified: 03-25-2024 10:28 PM by Basketball Jones.)
03-25-2024 10:26 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline

(03-25-2024 10:26 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Beware TK, if you are chosen and accept the coaching position at Utah St, your Boss will be the Athletic Director who unceremoniously fired the Women's Basketball Coach immediately following their Mountain West Tournament game loss. In addition, the Coach subsequently announced her own firing at the postgame press conference. Talk about "bad optics" and a total lack of class!

I mean...she went 24-90 in four years. If she was blind sided by a firing, that's on her. At least they let her finish out the year after going 9-49 in the last two season.
03-25-2024 10:58 PM
Basketball Jones Offline
1st String

(03-25-2024 10:58 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(03-25-2024 10:26 PM)Basketball Jones Wrote:  Beware TK, if you are chosen and accept the coaching position at Utah St, your Boss will be the Athletic Director who unceremoniously fired the Women's Basketball Coach immediately following their Mountain West Tournament game loss. In addition, the Coach subsequently announced her own firing at the postgame press conference. Talk about "bad optics" and a total lack of class!

I mean...she went 24-90 in four years. If she was blind sided by a firing, that's on her. At least they let her finish out the year after going 9-49 in the last two season.
I was being a little "sarcastic" with the post, but you got to admit that even though she probably deserved to be fired over that poor record, the way the AD handled it was a bad look! Just look at all the blowback the AD received.
03-26-2024 07:08 AM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(03-25-2024 07:10 PM)Sleepy Wrote:  aggiefan20003 wrote: ↑Today, 12:44 pm
Kowalczyk from what i’ve heard is a done deal unless something changes. Was done before Sprinkle left. Expect most of current roster to enter portal including Mason Falslev. (No he’s not going to an in state rival)
So it is a done deal, unless it is not.

https://www.usufans.com/Forums/viewtopic...=6&t=71411

TK does like to ski.

I hope we can keep TK. I respect his abilities and what he has done at UT. He took a moribund program and rebuilt it rather quickly. We shall see.

Go Rockets!
03-26-2024 09:36 AM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(03-25-2024 12:05 PM)PrettyGoodRocket Wrote:  Utah State boards saying they either want TK or Simon from BG, good to keep an eye on this one.

Wasn't Simons from Utah Valley(?)????? That's a hard local connection.
03-26-2024 09:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.