Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MCB Game Breakdown
Bookmark and Share
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

2002 Music City Bowl

[Image: Arkansas.gif] vs. [Image: Minnesota.gif]

Arkansas Razorbacks (9-4) vs. Minnesota Golden Gophers (7-5)
December 30, 2002
Nashville, TN

The Coaches
Arkansas - Houston Nutt (39-22 in 5 seasons)
Minnesota - Glen Mason (33-37 in 6 seasons)

Best Wins
Arkansas - 38-17 win @ Auburn
Minnesota - 28-7 win @ Michigan State

Worst Losses
Arkansas - 29-17 loss vs. Kentucky
Minnesota - 49-31 loss @ Wisconsin

Season Results

Arkansas

Boise State W 41-14
South Florida W 42-3
Alabama L 30-12
@Tennessee L 41-38 (6OT)
@ Auburn W 38-17
Kentucky L 29-17
Ole Miss W 48-28
Troy State W 23-0
@ South Carolina W 23-0
Louisiana-Lafayette W 24-17
@ Miss. State W 26-19
Louisiana State W 21-20
# Georgia L 30-3

# - SEC Championship Game @ Atlanta

Minnesota

SW Texas State W 42-0
@ La-Lafayette W 35-11
Toledo W 31-21
Buffalo W 41-17
@ Purdue L 28-15
Illinois W 31-10
Northwestern W 45-42
@ Michigan State W 28-7
@ Ohio State L 34-3
Michigan L 41-24
Iowa L 45-21
@ Wisconsin L 49-31

More to come...

<!--EDIT|calling_the_hogs|Dec 10 2002, 08:16 PM-->
12-10-2002 09:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Forgive me if this has already been mentioned elsewhere, but I heard somewhere that Minnesota's rush defense is terrible. Seeing how well Arkansas runs the football, this should be an easy matchup for y'all.

Arkansas-38
Minnesota-20(mainly scoring late in the game)
12-10-2002 09:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Yeah, it's on ESPN's site.

Hopefully we'll have a BIG rushing day.

We're 9 pt faves..hope we cover the spread.

WPS
12-10-2002 09:16 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
10MAN Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
Crappies

Y'all should more than cover the spread. I don't know if this is a good thing for y'all or a bad thing, but I see this game shaping up much like your game with Georgia the other night, except Arkansas doing all the damage this time.

I know y'all want to win, but I could see wanting a little more competition other than Minnesota. Who knows? Maybe Minn. will surprise us and make it a good game. They are capable, and Lord knows the SEC hasn't faired too well in the MC Bowl. Don't think that will be the case here this year, but hopefully it'll be a good game to watch.

Go Hogs!! Represent!!
12-10-2002 09:23 PM
Advertisement

bigolhawg Offline
2nd String

I Root For:

I put this post over on the other thread, but it has some good information and I think it should be on this one too:

Their QB's name is Asad Abdul-Khaliq, and everything I read about him says that he can play. He passes for 150-200 yards a game and has around ten rushing attempts a game. Just looking at his stat sheet, his best game was against Michigan, with 17-36 passing for 181 yards and 13 rushes for 67 yards.

Their RB, Terry Jackson II, has also ran for 1281 yards this year. His biggest game was his 29 for 238 performance against Michigan State, and went 37 for 239 against Northwestern. His drawback is his performance against good teams, as he ran for 49 yards and 25 yards against Ohio State and Iowa. Looks like a great running back.

I think our O-Line can win this game, as Minnesota's rush defense is ranked #93 and gives up 185 yards per game. Another interesting matchup should be Minnesota's #18 pass defense, and our woeful pass offense. Should the Hogs even waste time passing the ball? I think not.

The stats point to Arkansas, but you never know with the Hogs and bowl games.
12-11-2002 04:26 PM
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Both teams run the same style of offense, a basic option and running attack. Minnesota throws more, we're the better running attack.

Usually Big 10 teams have more size than the SEC, but not in this case I don't believe. We match them in size and I think we've got the edge in speed. We'll have the fan edge to match it, and the momentum (MN has lost 4 in a row).

Only way I see us losing is if we play flat and unmotivated, thinking we should've been in a better bowl (like UGA last year). If we're pumped for this...we'll beat the Golden Gophers.

WPS
12-11-2002 05:42 PM
REBstill Offline
All American

I Root For:

Good luck inyour game, Hogs. I hope all the SEC teams win - I know we will have to play our best game and then catch a few breaks along the way.

Go SEC!! 04-bow 03-wink
12-11-2002 05:58 PM
calling_the_hogs Offline
1st String

I Root For:

Same to you REBStill

I'm for all SEC teams, Oklahoma State (just b/c it'd kill hamburglar 03-lol ), Purdue (for ESPN game and other reasons), and NC State b/c I haaaaate Notre Lame.

Go upset Nebraska and make the Big XII mad!

WPS!
12-11-2002 06:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.