Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We can still get...
Bookmark and Share
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
We can still get...
a split on the road trip, but losing the first one makes it harder. I certainly will take a split, but I'm not particularly confident we can get it.

Ray spent the postgame bitching about the refs- While at the same time saying he hates complaining about officiating. Could have fooled me. Maybe the officiating didn't help, but Darrell's technical which took their lead from 3 to 9 was the key to the game (not saying we would have won, but we may have had a chance to pull out a win without the technical). Maybe Darrell was just trying to prove that he "does care".
01-13-2024 07:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

UALR92 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: We can still get...
I stand by what i have said for a couple of years now. He needs to go. If the standard is to get a split, then you can forget about post-season basketball, and interest in the program will eventually dwindle to almost nothing. It's not far from there at this point.
01-13-2024 07:35 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I believe it was Nolan Richardson who said you want to split your conference road games and win your home games. That should have you in the running for a league title. Of course, we have already lost a home game and I have no confidence that we won't lose more. Regardless, I'm generally satisfied with splitting our road games. But, with one home loss already, we do need to sweep one or more road trips to challenge for one of the top spots in the conference. I know you have no confidence in our coach and have likely given up on this season already. As a fan (fanatic), I'm not ready to do that. In the end, you may well be proven correct and I will admit you were right all along. But, I'm still going to let the season play out.

The good news is that we will have a new AD by the end of the basketball season (at least, I hope so). I have confidence he/she will make a coaching change if we have a losing season. So I see it as a "win-win" situation. Either we have a winning season or we get a new coach.
01-13-2024 08:21 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

With this talent I say we win the tourney or else. I think Jamier and da are all ovc first team and crocker Johnson 2nd team. Last time we had that talent we won the sbc.
01-16-2024 07:52 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-16-2024 07:52 PM)ez272 Wrote:  With this talent I say we win the tourney or else. I think Jamier and da are all ovc first team and crocker Johnson 2nd team. Last time we had that talent we won the sbc.

Well, it's also hard to leave off KK who is 5th in the conference in scoring. But, realistically, no team is going to have 4 players on the all-conference team.
01-17-2024 01:52 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-17-2024 01:52 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(01-16-2024 07:52 PM)ez272 Wrote:  With this talent I say we win the tourney or else. I think Jamier and da are all ovc first team and crocker Johnson 2nd team. Last time we had that talent we won the sbc.

Well, it's also hard to leave off KK who is 5th in the conference in scoring. But, realistically, no team is going to have 4 players on the all-conference team.

Continuing the above. We know and see our players all the time. I'm sure the fans of the other 10 teams all believe they have a player or two that deserve to be all-conference. Unless we sweep the rest of our league games, I doubt we get more than 2 players on the 3 all-conference teams. My guess would be Chaplin and either DA or KK. Even 2 may be a stretch if we don't finish with a winning record. Haven't seen them, but I bet Morehead and WIU have some very good players. Crocker-Johnson may well be freshman of the year.
01-17-2024 02:14 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I forgot about Kk. We have talent. Do we have better talent now than when we won the sbc?
01-17-2024 06:20 PM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-17-2024 06:20 PM)ez272 Wrote:  I forgot about Kk. We have talent. Do we have better talent now than when we won the sbc?

Interesting question. Markquis is on a 2-way contract with the Raptors. Do we have anyone on our current roster that could achieve that? Not so sure we do. Kamani is playing in Indonesia, of all places, while Nikola is playing in Bosnia (Adriatic League) which is ranked 8th best in the world. Rout has played in Cyprus, Africa, and Lebanon. I certainly believe we currently have players that could play pro-ball in lower level leagues around the world.

Overall, I think the talent is quite similar, but would give the edge to the Sun Belt champs because of Markquis. He was first team Big 12, Big 12 All-Defensive team, 3rd team All-American, and holds the record for the most assists in an NCAA tournament game (19). I still think this year's team could do some big things if Mitchell becomes a major factor. However, it is possible that I overvalued him based on things I heard before the season started. At this point, I just want to get back to .500 tomorrow night and then go from there.
01-18-2024 12:04 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.