Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Initial 2024 FB Roster is Online
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
Exclamation Initial 2024 FB Roster is Online
Changes I detected listed below (may not have caught everything.) Some of the transfers in are enrolled, but not all. Several of the freshmen are listed and so must be early enrollees. Also listed are Garrett and Peart from last year's class. Only one surprise on the loss side, in OL Andrew Feiertag.

As we know, need to completely replace the Offensive line and almost all of the defensive backfield.

Losses:
TE Dalton Andrews (grad)
S Nate Bauer (grad)
WR Adam Beale (grad)
RB Peny Boone (transfer Louisville)
DT Judge Culpepper (grad)
CB RJ Delancy (transfer Wisconsin)
OL Andrew Feiertag (?)
QB Dequan Finn (transfer Baylor)
S Zach Ford (grad)
WR Jaret Frantz (transfer)
LB Dallas Gant (grad)
RB Micah Kelley (transfer Samford)
OG Tyler Long (grad)
WR Devin Maddox (grad)
OG Kendall Major (grad)
CB Chris McDonald (grad)
CB Quinyon Mitchell (grad)
OT David Nwaogwugwu (grad)
C Devan Rogers (grad)
OT Nick Rosi (grad)
OG Vinny Sciury (transfer Texas Tech)
OLB Terrance Taylor (grad)
DB Nick Turner (transfer)
OLB Adrian Woliver (grad)

Gains:
CB Zeke Blake (transfer YSU)
WR Tashi Braceful (FR early enrollee)
WR Terrell Crosby Jr (transfer ISU)
CB Amare Garrett (FR 2022 signee)
OL Matt Hofer (FR early enrollee)
OT Allen Jones Jr (transfer Prairie View)
WR Zy'Marion Lang (FR early enrollee)
OL Maddox Marcotte (JUCO transfer Hutchinson CC)
CB Hyajah Miller (FR early enrollee)
QB Kalieb Osborne (FR early enrollee)
DT Wayne Peart II (FR 2022 signee)
WR Tre Richardson (JUCO transfer Hutchinson CC)
LB K'Von Sherman (JUCO transfer Hutchinson CC)
TE Tysen Smith (FR early enrollee)
01-11-2024 08:13 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

RE: Initial 2024 FB Roster is Online
(01-11-2024 08:13 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Changes I detected listed below (may not have caught everything.) Some of the transfers in are enrolled, but not all. Several of the freshmen are listed and so must be early enrollees. Also listed are Garrett and Peart from last year's class. Only one surprise on the loss side, in OL Andrew Feiertag.

As we know, need to completely replace the Offensive line and almost all of the defensive backfield.

Losses:
TE Dalton Andrews (grad)
S Nate Bauer (grad)
WR Adam Beale (grad)
OL Andrew Feiertag (?)
S Zach Ford (grad)
LB Dallas Gant (grad)
OG Tyler Long (grad)
WR Devin Maddox (grad)
OG Kendall Major (grad)
CB Chris McDonald (grad)
C Devan Rogers (grad)
OT Nick Rosi (grad)

Gains:

You beat me to it. I was going to do same thing. Glad to see Osborne enrolled.

Bottom-line: we could have had greater losses. Yes, as suspected, Peart was grey-shirting. This is a huge addition for UT. Feels like a recruiting gift/win when in reality we already had him in the ranks. I think this works to UT's advantage long term.

A very talented roster for 2024. Future is strong. RB & DB's are weak areas as we all know.

Dan Bolden is back. Year 6 I think. His return is a major plus for the D. Hook's return is great news as well. Maxen is THE MAN in UT's secondary for 2024. UT will promote the hell out of him for Jim Thorpe Award.

I'll do a scholarship count in the next few days to see where we are relative to possibility of grabbing a few additional spring portal players. Like a good RB...think Koback or Boone!

Osborne will need passing development similar to DF. The sooner his development starts the better. KO can be a huge star at UT. Think Finn on steroids.

As I've stated before on a separate thread (2024 recruiting) there are just too damn many WR's on the roster. No less than 6 need to go to get proper roster position balance. Expect lots of outgoing portal WR's in the spring. We need to drop WR's and add RB's. Major imbalance. I have to believe the staff is all over this situation as well.

Go Rockets!
(This post was last modified: 01-12-2024 12:56 PM by IamN2daRockets!.)
01-12-2024 11:07 AM
PaulJ Offline
1st String

(01-12-2024 11:07 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  
(01-11-2024 08:13 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  Changes I detected listed below (may not have caught everything.) Some of the transfers in are enrolled, but not all. Several of the freshmen are listed and so must be early enrollees. Also listed are Garrett and Peart from last year's class. Only one surprise on the loss side, in OL Andrew Feiertag.

Losses:
TE Dalton Andrews (grad)
S Nate Bauer (grad)
WR Adam Beale (grad)
OL Andrew Feiertag (?)
S Zach Ford (grad)
LB Dallas Gant (grad)
OG Tyler Long (grad)
WR Devin Maddox (grad)
OG Kendall Major (grad)
CB Chris McDonald (grad)
C Devan Rogers (grad)
OT Nick Rosi (grad)

Gains:

Bottom-line: we could have had greater losses. Yes, as suspected, Peart was grey-shirting. This is a huge addition for UT. Feels like a recruiting gift/win when in reality we already had him in the ranks. I think this works to UT's advantage long term.

A very talented roster for 2024. Future is strong. RB & DB's are weak areas as we all know.

Dan Bolden is back. Year 6 I think. His return is a major plus for the D. Hook's return is great news as well. Maxen is THE MAN in UT's secondary for 2024. UT will promote the hell out of him for Jim Thorpe Award.

I'll do a scholarship count in the next few days to see where we are relative to possibility of grabbing a few additional spring portal players. Like a good RB...think Koback or Boone!

Osborne will need passing development similar to DF. The sooner his development starts the better. KO can be a huge star at UT. Think Finn on steroids.

As I've stated before on a separate thread (2024 recruiting) there are just too damn many WR's on the roster. No less than 6 need to go to get proper roster position balance. Expect lots of outgoing portal WR's in the spring. We need to drop WR's and add RB's. Major imbalance. I have to believe the staff is all over this situation as well.

Go Rockets!

At first glance it looks like completely rebuilt OL is the greatest issue...one team was able to address going into 2023 and make a strength---but will need to do same again for 2024..as without a solid OL this team will not get back to MACC
01-12-2024 01:28 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(01-12-2024 01:28 PM)PaulJ Wrote:  

Losses:
TE Dalton Andrews (grad)
S Nate Bauer (grad)
WR Adam Beale (grad)
OL Andrew Feiertag (?)
S Zach Ford (grad)
LB Dallas Gant (grad)
OG Tyler Long (grad)
WR Devin Maddox (grad)
OG Kendall Major (grad)
CB Chris McDonald (grad)
C Devan Rogers (grad)
OT Nick Rosi (grad)

Gains:

Go Rockets!

At first glance it looks like completely rebuilt OL is the greatest issue...one team was able to address going into 2023 and make a strength---but will need to do same again for 2024..as without a solid OL this team will not get back to MACC

I agree... I sort of missed that in my areas of improvement comment.

OL loses all 5 starters. That's as big a rebuild as possible. Hope Tucker practices scrambling this summer. He'll probably get plenty of that when Fall practice starts. I have no idea who will win starting assignments. I would believe Spoth and Fouty have inside tracks for 2 guard positions.
01-12-2024 01:51 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

OL Tanner Wigand no longer on the roster.
01-19-2024 09:35 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Also, although S Chris Gales is still listed on the roster, I see social media posts saying he has committed to Albany.
01-19-2024 09:44 PM
Advertisement

inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Not yet added but is on his way to UT is D2 Hillsdale College transfer 6'6" 240 lb. WR Sam Lee. Team's leading receiver as a true sophomore. Was a big time receiving threat at tight end for Toledo Central Catholic. First team All-Ohio. Under recruited due to the extra Covid year and transfer portal. But through the transfer portal, has proven himself and received multiple D1 offers.
01-20-2024 09:06 PM
DetroitRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-20-2024 09:06 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Not yet added but is on his way to UT is D2 Hillsdale College transfer 6'6" 240 lb. WR Sam Lee. Team's leading receiver as a true sophomore. Was a big time receiving threat at tight end for Toledo Central Catholic. First team All-Ohio. Under recruited due to the extra Covid year and transfer portal. But through the transfer portal, has proven himself and received multiple D1 offers.

We have 7 tight ends on the roster, five of which are freshmen or sophomores. I'd love to see some 2 tight end sets, but these numbers seem imbalanced. I agree that we need more running backs.
01-21-2024 02:08 AM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

WAY WAY TOO MANY WR's & TE's. Not enough RB's and after this year DT will be thin. Like to see 2 more quality RB's (spring portal??????) and 1 or 2 more DT's and 2 DB/S/CB.

Just way too many WR's. Never seen so damn many. TE's too.

Tanner was on 2 deep much of last year and got snaps. I thought he had 2 solid years ahead of him. I don't see him in portal and didn't think he was injured. Tired of football? I sure get that.

Go Rockets!
01-22-2024 11:44 AM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
I guess this answers the question as to whether or not Long and Rosi would use their extra year of eligibility. Both had RS year, Covid year, and Medical RS year. Would have been year #7 if they came back. Both were on the roster in 2018 - one year after Woodside led the Rockets to their MAC championship. To make it seem even longer ago, Devontae Johnson was also on that roster that year in 2018
01-22-2024 12:35 PM
BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
Man oh man was Micah Kelly a miss by the rating services. I remember being so excited when he committed and, yet, he ends up playing in FCS by the end.
01-22-2024 03:49 PM
Advertisement

BearcatMan Offline
Kicking Connoisseur/Occasional Man Crush

I Root For: Cincinnati
(01-22-2024 11:44 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  WAY WAY TOO MANY WR's & TE's. Not enough RB's and after this year DT will be thin. Like to see 2 more quality RB's (spring portal??????) and 1 or 2 more DT's and 2 DB/S/CB.

Tanner was on 2 deep much of last year and got snaps. I thought he had 2 solid years ahead of him. I don't see him in portal and didn't think he was injured. Tired of football? I sure get that.

Go Rockets!

Moving forward, I think the big bodies are going to be a roster composition issue for most of the schools not in the Top 15-20 money-wise. All of the good ones will end up their because they'll be willing to pay top dollar, and anyone who doesn't stick is going to come down a level with no experience or development.
01-22-2024 03:51 PM
IamN2daRockets! Offline
All American

(01-22-2024 03:51 PM)BearcatMan Wrote:  
(01-22-2024 11:44 AM)IamN2daRockets! Wrote:  WAY WAY TOO MANY WR's & TE's. Not enough RB's and after this year DT will be thin. Like to see 2 more quality RB's (spring portal??????) and 1 or 2 more DT's and 2 DB/S/CB.

Go Rockets!

Moving forward, I think the big bodies are going to be a roster composition issue for most of the schools not in the Top 15-20 money-wise. All of the good ones will end up their because they'll be willing to pay top dollar, and anyone who doesn't stick is going to come down a level with no experience or development.

Bearcat - we agree. The lines win the games.. still. That has been the separation between the SEC and everyone else for last 20 years and lately UM has captured the formula. The top 12 playoff teams are open to a limited few $$ wise. Can Toledo get in as top G5??? Once again - we need much better line play. I think our last great combo on D & O lines was 2015. That team was loaded but didn't win division....uggh.
01-23-2024 11:43 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

In an interview a while back, Candle talked about the effect that 7-on-7 football has had on the game, as it has become so pervasive in youth football these days. Given that 6 of the 7 spots are skill positions, every kid wants to be one of those, and there is no room to develop lineman. So he said that there is an overabundance of WR-types and it's much easier to find an under-recruited or underrated gem at those positions than it is to find a lineman. I believe he used Devon Maddox as an example there.

I am guessing that you will see a number of the players listed as WR or TE be moved to other postions at some point. As I recall, Jacquez Stuart was recruited as a WR, for example, so someone else could move to the RB room. And there are lots of spots up for grabs in the defensive backfield. Avery Smith came in as a wide out, didn't he? And he got switched to corner, and he's been being talked up as one of the players expected to step up and take a CB spot this year.

As for TE, also remember that UT ended up with 1 experienced healthy TE last year, along with a converted offensive lineman and a true freshman. Given that they run a lot of 2 TE sets, that's pretty thin pickings.
(This post was last modified: 01-23-2024 06:05 PM by northcoastRocket.)
01-23-2024 06:03 PM
BDV27 Offline
1st String

Losses:
TE Dalton Andrews (grad)
S Nate Bauer (grad)
WR Adam Beale (grad)
OL Andrew Feiertag (?)
S Zach Ford (grad)
LB Dallas Gant (grad)
OG Tyler Long (grad)
WR Devin Maddox (grad)
OG Kendall Major (grad)
CB Chris McDonald (grad)
C Devan Rogers (grad)
OT Nick Rosi (grad)

Gains:

Go Rockets!

I think Osborn is way ahead of where Finn was as a passer. I agree he could be something really special at UT. I think his size and athleticism will
shock people
01-23-2024 08:06 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-20-2024 09:06 PM)inductchuck16 Wrote:  Not yet added but is on his way to UT is D2 Hillsdale College transfer 6'6" 240 lb. WR Sam Lee. Team's leading receiver as a true sophomore. Was a big time receiving threat at tight end for Toledo Central Catholic. First team All-Ohio. Under recruited due to the extra Covid year and transfer portal. But through the transfer portal, has proven himself and received multiple D1 offers.

As predicted, Sam Lee along with his twin brother Josh are both listed on the roster now as transfers from Hillsdale.

Also, OSU transfer James and Florida transfer Perkins are both listed.
01-27-2024 09:14 PM
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Online
Legend

I Root For:
(01-23-2024 08:06 PM)BDV27 Wrote:  

Losses:
TE Dalton Andrews (grad)
S Nate Bauer (grad)
WR Adam Beale (grad)
OL Andrew Feiertag (?)
S Zach Ford (grad)
LB Dallas Gant (grad)
OG Tyler Long (grad)
WR Devin Maddox (grad)
OG Kendall Major (grad)
CB Chris McDonald (grad)
C Devan Rogers (grad)
OT Nick Rosi (grad)

Gains:

Go Rockets!

I think Osborn is way ahead of where Finn was as a passer. I agree he could be something really special at UT. I think his size and athleticism will
shock people

I would be happier if display of QB running skills were kept to a minimum. Let the OL open holes for the RBs and provide QBs with protection in the pocket.
01-28-2024 09:27 AM
inductchuck16 Offline
Heisman

(01-27-2024 09:14 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  

As predicted, Sam Lee along with his twin brother Josh are both listed on the roster now as transfers from Hillsdale.

Also, OSU transfer James and Florida transfer Perkins are both listed.

Nice! Both twins are listed at 6’6” 240+ lb. range. Great size and potential with proper development.

There’s now 7 players on the roster hailing from Toledo Central Catholic. Always a good idea to bring in winners.
01-28-2024 12:06 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:

Gains:

Looks like Hutchinson CC is our minor league team.
01-28-2024 02:33 PM
MotoRocket Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-19-2024 09:35 PM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  OL Tanner Wigand no longer on the roster.

5 starters leave and he decides to transfer? Did they pull his scholarship or is something else going on? Doesn't see a path to a starting spot - or playing regularly?
(This post was last modified: 01-28-2024 02:37 PM by MotoRocket.)
01-28-2024 02:34 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.