Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kim Davis case could overturn Supreme Court same-sex marriage ruling, legal counsel s
andybible1995 Offline
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
Kim Davis case could overturn Supreme Court same-sex marriage ruling, legal counsel s
Kim Davis "loves all people," her legal counsel shared

https://www.foxnews.com/media/kim-davis-...v2-JMXhX7M
01-07-2024 05:51 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
I actually met Kim Davis back in 2016 at Solid Rock Apostolic Church in Morehead, KY. She was a member of the same church as my cousin. My aunt introduced me to her. She is a really nice lady. I thanked her for standing up for what's right.
01-09-2024 05:49 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: Kim Davis case could overturn Supreme Court same-sex marriage ruling, legal counsel s
Damn, I remember when there were people saying that the court wasn't going to be coming for gay marriage next after Dobbs. Those people always had smooth brains of course they are, Thomas it out in his concurrence perfectly.
01-09-2024 09:26 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
RE: Kim Davis case could overturn Supreme Court same-sex marriage ruling, legal counsel s
They're just trying to fire up their base with this nonsense. They aren't going to reverse that.
01-09-2024 09:50 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(01-09-2024 09:26 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Damn, I remember when there were people saying that the court wasn't going to be coming for gay marriage next after Dobbs. Those people always had smooth brains of course they are, Thomas it out in his concurrence perfectly.

We can only pray for something like that.
01-09-2024 10:14 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-09-2024 09:50 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  They're just trying to fire up their base with this nonsense. They aren't going to reverse that.

It barely went through originally, with Kennedy being the deciding vote and Roberts being STRONGLY against it and authoring the descent. Court is way more conservative now, wouldn't stun me in the least to see this happen.
01-09-2024 10:28 AM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(01-09-2024 10:14 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(01-09-2024 09:26 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Damn, I remember when there were people saying that the court wasn't going to be coming for gay marriage next after Dobbs. Those people always had smooth brains of course they are, Thomas it out in his concurrence perfectly.

We can pray for it, but the genie is out of the bottle.
01-09-2024 10:28 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(01-09-2024 10:28 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(01-09-2024 09:50 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  They're just trying to fire up their base with this nonsense. They aren't going to reverse that.

It barely went through originally, with Kennedy being the deciding vote and Roberts being STRONGLY against it and authoring the descent. Court is way more conservative now, wouldn't stun me in the least to see this happen.

So do we dissolve all the married gay folks unions or put them all in jail?
01-09-2024 10:31 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-09-2024 10:14 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  

As someone who wouldn't be impacted by this at all but wants to essentially see the Supreme Court as we know it today either completely reformed or destroyed I actually hope it happens. So go for it.
01-09-2024 10:33 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

You want to see the Supreme Court destroyed???

Do you have any idea how our Constitutional Republic works? They got rid of Civics class before you went to school?

Man, I try to be nice to people and this is what it gets me.
01-09-2024 10:35 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-09-2024 10:31 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(01-09-2024 10:28 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

So do we dissolve all the married gay folks unions or put them all in jail?

Send it back to the States to decide would be my guess once they make that ruling.
01-09-2024 10:37 AM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(01-09-2024 10:37 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Send it back to the States to decide would be my guess once they make that ruling.

ala Roe v Wade?

BIG difference between killing babies and gays getting married.
01-09-2024 10:40 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-09-2024 10:35 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  You want to see the Supreme Court destroyed???

Do you have any idea how our Constitutional Republic works? They got rid of Civics class before you went to school?

Man, I try to be nice to people and this is what it gets me.

Yes I understand completely. I understand that currently there is exactly 1 "check" on the power of the Supreme Court, impeachment, that is politically impossible. I also understand there is nothing in the Constitution that outlines the number of justices that can be on the SC and I know that you can also change the constitution with enough popular support for something. I think for any changes to the court to happen it has to reach full Lochner era, has to get a lot worse before it can get better.
01-09-2024 10:47 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

What you want is complete and total power for the prog filth.
01-09-2024 11:52 AM
andybible1995 Offline
All American

(01-09-2024 11:52 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  What you want is complete and total power for the prog filth.

Not if there is a Republican President in charge. Also, the only people that support the prog filth are prog filth themselves. Outside of their camp of crazies, no rational minded person likes them.
01-09-2024 12:00 PM
WalkThePlank Offline
Heisman

Isn’t gay marriage legal in all fifty states? They passed a bill a year or two ago right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
01-09-2024 12:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-09-2024 11:52 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  What you want is complete and total power for the prog filth.

Nope, I'd be pretty happy with non-lifetime appointments and real ethics rules that applied and had teeth. Highly doubt the founders intended on having judges on the court for 40+ years and for there to basically be no rules that apply to them at all. The idea anyone qualified enough to be on the court would have lived 40 more years back in those days would have been pretty hard to imagine, and I know they thought impeachment was a real check on them that political realities have made meaningless.
01-09-2024 12:05 PM
andybible1995 Offline
All American

(01-09-2024 12:05 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Nope, I'd be pretty happy with non-lifetime appointments and real ethics rules that applied and had teeth. Highly doubt the founders intended on having judges on the court for 40+ years and for there to basically be no rules that apply to them at all. The idea anyone qualified enough to be on the court would have lived 40 more years back in those days would have been pretty hard to imagine, and I know they thought impeachment was a real check on them that political realities have made meaningless.

Term limits across the board for everyone.
01-09-2024 12:06 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(01-09-2024 12:06 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  

Agree completely 04-cheers
01-09-2024 12:09 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(01-09-2024 12:06 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  

Yep, start with Congress and work your way up. You can't approve of lifetime congress critters and then complain about the Supreme Court.
(This post was last modified: 01-09-2024 12:10 PM by BartlettTigerFan.)
01-09-2024 12:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.