Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New Coaching Hires Announced
Bookmark and Share
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
Exclamation New Coaching Hires Announced
Analysts Dobson, Shoop elevated to staff; Crill joins as offensive line coach

HUNTINGTON, W.Va. – Marshall Football coach Charles Huff announced several additions to his coaching staff on Monday afternoon.

Former analysts Aaron Dobson and Bob Shoop have been elevated to coaching positions while Cody Crill joins new offensive coordinator Seth Doege's staff as offensive line coach.

"As we enter a new year and new season, I'm excited about the additions to the staff!" Huff said. "We were able to hire some great people who happen to be phenomenal coaches as well. Their collective knowledge and experience will help our organization continue to improve. Thank you to the administration for creating the platform for us to be able to enhance our program."

https://herdzone.com/news/2024/1/2/marsh...-additions
01-03-2024 12:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Surbadger Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
RE: New Coaching Hires Announced
Pretty good lineup. I'm hopeful that we will improve next season.
01-04-2024 09:23 AM
HD76 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Herd
RE: New Coaching Hires Announced
Of course anything would seem like an improvement, I like the OC hire. Doege should be able to improve QB play and play calling imo.

Having one of our own, Dobson, at WR is exicting but he needs to prove he can coach.

I haven't followed Shoop's career but he's a powerful hire for Marshall on paper.

With all this, I'm still not sure how much of our problems were coaching and how much is on the kids. Instant gratification and poor work ethic seem to be the MO lately.

CFB is broken. the NIL has destroyed the coach's ability to build an experienced team without jumping ship every year.

And this appears no different as we are relying heavily on portal players to fill the gaps.
01-06-2024 02:49 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.