Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Portland Facing Shigella Outbreak, Generally Found in Third-World Countries
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Portland Facing Shigella Outbreak, Generally Found in Third-World Countries
Quote:Oregon officials have embraced homelessness so much that last April, my colleague Mike LaChance reported that Democrats in the state proposed a law that would expand the rights of homeless people by decriminalizing encampments and allowing homeless people to sue if they feel harassed.

As a result of poor policy and a disregard for true public health and safety concerns, the most populous city in that state is now experiencing a bacterial outbreak found usually in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.

A highly contagious infection that is spread through tiny particles of fecal matter has broken out in Portland – with officials warning that the homeless population are most at risk of catching the illness.

Shigella is a bacteria that spreads through human feces. People transmit the infection after getting the microbes on their hands and then touching their mouths.

People can also spread the intestinal infection through sexual intercourse.

Multnomah County in Oregon has warned that homeless people and same-sex male partners are most at risk because of their lack of access to hygienic facilities.

In the last month, 45 cases have been found in Portland, bringing the total from 2023 to 218. The influx of infections were reported among unhoused people in downtown Portland’s Old Town neighborhood.

Shigella infections lead to profuse diarrhea, fever, and stomach pains…and these symptoms can last for weeks. Sometimes, bowel habits (frequency and stool consistency) do not return to normal for several months. And, as an added bonus, in addition to being spread by fecal matter, Shigella can be transmitted via sexual contact.

The bacteria, which causes about 450,000 infections nationally leading to about $93 million in direct medical costs, is spread in a variety of ways—from transferring bacteria from hands to mouth after touching objects, to a transfer from fecal matter through male sexual intercourse.

Symptoms include bloody or prolonged diarrhea that can last more than three days, fevers, stomach pains and feeling an urge to pass a stool when the bowels are empty.

“While we are currently seeing an increase in Shigella cases in the Portland metro area, the risk to the broader public remains low at this time and there are no measures for most folks to take at this time,” Multnomah County Deputy Health Officer Teresa Everson said in a statement shared with Newsweek. “The best thing we can all do to prevent both respiratory viral illness and diarrheal illness is to keep practicing good hand hygiene.”

Even more disturbing is the news that a “cluster” of these infections was resistant to the antibiotic treatments used for Shigella.

In a Dec. 22 Instagram post spreading awareness of the illness, the Portland Police Bureau’s Central Bike Squad echoed calls for good hygiene and advised people who live and work in the area to not bring their shoes inside their homes or tents in order to prevent further spread of the bacteria.

In November, Multnomah County reported a “cluster” of drug-resistant shigella cases, with 16 cases reported in the Portland metro area since September.

Portland essentially has become a third-world country.

I will conclude this post by making another prediction for 2024: That the “Greater Idaho” movement gains even more Oregon counties. “Utopia” generally contains less fecal matter and infectious diseases.

Link
01-03-2024 01:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Portland Facing Shigella Outbreak, Generally Found in Third-World Countries
Remind me again why I think living in cities is nuts?
01-03-2024 01:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(01-03-2024 01:40 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Remind me again why I think living in cities is nuts?

Shhhhhh
01-03-2024 01:44 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Well, Portland does resemble a third world sh!thole so it fits.

Saw this and have to admit I laughed pretty hard.

Quote:LOS ANGELES, CA — Massive waves have come crashing into the California coast as the Lord in His graciousness has sent ocean waters to wash away the sidewalk poop.

"Behold, He is making all things new!" cried out Los Angeles residents as the waves swept down the sidewalk. "It's a miracle!"

Residents who have been trapped indoors for months due to fecal matter have finally begun to step outside again. "This must be what it felt like for Noah and his family to exit the ark," said local man Roger Darnell. "We can finally walk out of this squalid room into a world freshly cleansed. Oh, look, a rainbow! It's beautiful!"

Fear had initially seized California residents as warnings of fifteen-foot swells began rolling in. However, videos of the waves crashing into the streets turned fear into joy as Californians watched the mighty ocean waters scrub the sidewalks clean of poo. "Sorrow turned into dancing," said local woman Amy Adams. "I may have a shark in my living room but look at these sidewalks!"

At publishing time, the waves had receded and the homeless population had begun the thankless task of re-pooping all the sidewalks.

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

https://babylonbee.com/news/god-sends-gi...ewalk-poop
01-03-2024 01:44 PM
Advertisement

ODU BBALL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
(01-03-2024 01:44 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Well, Portland does resemble a third world sh!thole so it fits.

Saw this and have to admit I laughed pretty hard.

Quote:LOS ANGELES, CA — Massive waves have come crashing into the California coast as the Lord in His graciousness has sent ocean waters to wash away the sidewalk poop.

"Behold, He is making all things new!" cried out Los Angeles residents as the waves swept down the sidewalk. "It's a miracle!"

Residents who have been trapped indoors for months due to fecal matter have finally begun to step outside again. "This must be what it felt like for Noah and his family to exit the ark," said local man Roger Darnell. "We can finally walk out of this squalid room into a world freshly cleansed. Oh, look, a rainbow! It's beautiful!"

Fear had initially seized California residents as warnings of fifteen-foot swells began rolling in. However, videos of the waves crashing into the streets turned fear into joy as Californians watched the mighty ocean waters scrub the sidewalks clean of poo. "Sorrow turned into dancing," said local woman Amy Adams. "I may have a shark in my living room but look at these sidewalks!"

At publishing time, the waves had receded and the homeless population had begun the thankless task of re-pooping all the sidewalks.

03-lmfao 03-lmfao 03-lmfao

https://babylonbee.com/news/god-sends-gi...ewalk-poop

Governor Newsome and both California and D.C. Democratic 'leadership' have pretty much ruined the once beautiful state of California. Yet, a lot of dummies still vote them and their ilk into office.
01-03-2024 02:20 PM
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
"Governor Newsome and both California and D.C. Democratic 'leadership' have pretty much ruined the once beautiful state of California. Yet, a lot of dummies still vote them and their ilk into office."

These people need exorcisms. Really.!
01-03-2024 02:33 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-03-2024 02:33 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  "Governor Newsome and both California and D.C. Democratic 'leadership' have pretty much ruined the once beautiful state of California. Yet, a lot of dummies still vote them and their ilk into office."

These people need exorcisms. Really.!

Nah, let them wallow in the misery they create.
01-03-2024 02:37 PM
Advertisement

UofMstateU Online
Legend

I Root For: Memphis
So describing these places as sh*tholes is proven to be accurate.
01-03-2024 02:45 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
You have public officials endorsing policies which support people living a lifestyle akin to nothing more than animals.

Well, actually animals live a better lifestyle than these lost souls.
01-03-2024 03:53 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(01-03-2024 01:44 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(01-03-2024 01:40 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Remind me again why I think living in cities is nuts?

Shhhhhh

Seriously. I don't want those wretches to invade my idyllic existence.
01-04-2024 08:41 AM
Advertisement

Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
I in all my decades of existence had never even heard of "shigella" before the idiot administration.

Karen Gene Poo-air will probably get up in front of the nation and take credit for how they are battling hard to eliminate the shigella outbreak.
01-04-2024 10:08 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
(01-04-2024 08:41 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(01-03-2024 01:44 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  

Shhhhhh

Seriously. I don't want those wretches to invade my idyllic existence.

Now that the government is pumping huge $$ to run high speed internet everywhere, watch what happens in the next few years. I'm convinced it's part of the grand plan to offload idiots from cities into rural settings to export progressive values everywhere.
01-04-2024 11:39 AM
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
K….let us know how everything works out.
01-04-2024 02:23 PM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
This is yet another reason this country should split up.

I give no more shites what happens in oregon thsn i do outer mongolia.

Do
Not
Care.

Frick em
01-04-2024 02:37 PM
andybible1995 Online
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
(01-03-2024 01:37 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Oregon officials have embraced homelessness so much that last April, my colleague Mike LaChance reported that Democrats in the state proposed a law that would expand the rights of homeless people by decriminalizing encampments and allowing homeless people to sue if they feel harassed.

As a result of poor policy and a disregard for true public health and safety concerns, the most populous city in that state is now experiencing a bacterial outbreak found usually in sub-Saharan Africa and South Asia.

A highly contagious infection that is spread through tiny particles of fecal matter has broken out in Portland – with officials warning that the homeless population are most at risk of catching the illness.

Shigella is a bacteria that spreads through human feces. People transmit the infection after getting the microbes on their hands and then touching their mouths.

People can also spread the intestinal infection through sexual intercourse.

Multnomah County in Oregon has warned that homeless people and same-sex male partners are most at risk because of their lack of access to hygienic facilities.

In the last month, 45 cases have been found in Portland, bringing the total from 2023 to 218. The influx of infections were reported among unhoused people in downtown Portland’s Old Town neighborhood.

Shigella infections lead to profuse diarrhea, fever, and stomach pains…and these symptoms can last for weeks. Sometimes, bowel habits (frequency and stool consistency) do not return to normal for several months. And, as an added bonus, in addition to being spread by fecal matter, Shigella can be transmitted via sexual contact.

The bacteria, which causes about 450,000 infections nationally leading to about $93 million in direct medical costs, is spread in a variety of ways—from transferring bacteria from hands to mouth after touching objects, to a transfer from fecal matter through male sexual intercourse.

Symptoms include bloody or prolonged diarrhea that can last more than three days, fevers, stomach pains and feeling an urge to pass a stool when the bowels are empty.

“While we are currently seeing an increase in Shigella cases in the Portland metro area, the risk to the broader public remains low at this time and there are no measures for most folks to take at this time,” Multnomah County Deputy Health Officer Teresa Everson said in a statement shared with Newsweek. “The best thing we can all do to prevent both respiratory viral illness and diarrheal illness is to keep practicing good hand hygiene.”

Even more disturbing is the news that a “cluster” of these infections was resistant to the antibiotic treatments used for Shigella.

In a Dec. 22 Instagram post spreading awareness of the illness, the Portland Police Bureau’s Central Bike Squad echoed calls for good hygiene and advised people who live and work in the area to not bring their shoes inside their homes or tents in order to prevent further spread of the bacteria.

In November, Multnomah County reported a “cluster” of drug-resistant shigella cases, with 16 cases reported in the Portland metro area since September.

Portland essentially has become a third-world country.

I will conclude this post by making another prediction for 2024: That the “Greater Idaho” movement gains even more Oregon counties. “Utopia” generally contains less fecal matter and infectious diseases.

Link

Microbes do not discriminate.
01-04-2024 02:38 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(01-04-2024 02:37 PM)shere khan Wrote:  This is yet another reason this country should split up.

I give no more shites what happens in oregon thsn i do outer mongolia.

Do
Not
Care.

Frick em

I don't know if it's possible to care less than you, but if it is, I do.
01-04-2024 03:25 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.