Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Ex-CIA Analyst Warns About Intel Agencies Being Involved in 2024 Election
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Ex-CIA Analyst Warns About Intel Agencies Being Involved in 2024 Election
Quote:Looks like electoral mischief might be afoot again.

According to ex-CIA analyst, now professor at Georgetown University Dr. John Gentry, he believes the alphabet agencies will try to interfere in the 2024 election.

"My guess is that the proverbial deep state within the intelligence community will reemerge because presumably a Republican candidate will again be seen as a threat to the internal policies that many intelligence people like."

Gentry termed the effort to downplay the Hunter Biden laptop as "clearly political" and that "in no uncertain terms" it was done "explicitly" with the "intent to help the Biden campaign."

He said he was already seeing signs.

"I long have thought we are likely to again see former intelligence officers be politically active against Trump or whomever the Republican presidential candidate is next year, and I expect leaking to resume," Gentry said. "The activities of ‘formers’ have resumed already, a bit before I expected."

He said many had compromised their credibility with the letter that 51 former officials signed suggesting that the Hunter Biden laptop was "Russian disinformation."

Gentry also pointed out how the intel agencies had been compromised by politics, that the standard of not being involved in politics was largely "gone" and political activism was "common." He pointed to two main reasons: former CIA Director John Brennan and former Director of National Intelligence James Clapper. Gentry said that they did things pursuant to DEI and "policy actions, in terms of specific recruitment efforts" that helped to precipitate this change.

He said these actions and woke policies divided the workforce.

"And even in the Obama period, the analysis director had people who were beginning to talk about, quote, ‘soft totalitarianism.’ That was a direct result of Brennan's top-down, politically driven policies; the totalitarianism being a reminder of the Soviet Union and China and so on. Well, this has a number of effects in terms of performance and in terms of credibility."

Gentry has a new book out that deals with some of what he's been saying, "Neutering the CIA: Why US Intelligence Versus Trump Has Long-Term Consequences." He says he hopes Americans realize that there is a "significant political problem within the agencies" that people should be aware of, He said that former members of the intel community saw how effective things were in 2020 and no one suffered any consequences for that, so he anticipates that they will be at it again.

I think that's a fair bet. We see already how desperate the Democrats are getting and we're just into 2024; things haven't even really kicked off yet. Once we get into the primaries, things are likely to get truly crazy. Yet they're already calling Republicans "Hitler" and trying to get former President Donald Trump booted off the ballot when he's the leading GOP candidate and beating Joe Biden in the polls.

But so far their efforts have failed and only seem to have served to increase Trump's lead in the polls.

Link
01-03-2024 11:05 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
RE: Ex-CIA Analyst Warns About Intel Agencies Being Involved in 2024 Election
Tell us something we don't already know. File this under the Captain obvious heading.
01-03-2024 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Wouldn't this come under treasonous behavior? Why aren't the gallows being built?
01-03-2024 02:19 PM
Advertisement

MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Our intel agencies need to be burned to the ground and the earth salted. They have become a danger to the Republic.

The only problem with that is how to do it while preserving the legitimate functions of them and keeping THAT running. There would need to be a thorough vetting of agents ahead of time and perhaps temporarily assigning them to other agencies.

My assumption is that it is the leadership of those agencies that is so highly politicized and has poisoned the well. Perhaps I'm wrong here but this is what the reading I've done suggests. There are many good agents who are dismayed at the politicization and some have retired due to it.

Any ideas?
01-03-2024 03:30 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
(01-03-2024 02:03 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Tell us something we don't already know. File this under the Captain obvious heading.

Yeah, them exCIA analysts are some kinda smart.
Only idiots (several here among us) don’t see what’s going on. They are the same ones who agree with the abuse of power law suits and still believe the dossier was real.
01-03-2024 06:09 PM
Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
(01-03-2024 03:30 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Our intel agencies need to be burned to the ground and the earth salted. They have become a danger to the Republic.

The only problem with that is how to do it while preserving the legitimate functions of them and keeping THAT running. There would need to be a thorough vetting of agents ahead of time and perhaps temporarily assigning them to other agencies.

My assumption is that it is the leadership of those agencies that is so highly politicized and has poisoned the well. Perhaps I'm wrong here but this is what the reading I've done suggests. There are many good agents who are dismayed at the politicization and some have retired due to it.

Any ideas?

I have one. I at first thought about firing the entire leadership but now maybe turn the whole thing upside down immediately. No warning no discussion . Promote some of the people out in the sticks to leadership and demote the present leadership to the bottom desk of the lowest field office reporting to junior agents. Have the new leadership start delving deep into the previous leadership and their illegal actions. When found, yank them from their low rung and prosecute them all.
Any of the ‘innocents’ among the leadership get no mercy. They saw what was going on and did nothing. The only survivors should be the whistleblowers.
01-03-2024 06:19 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.