Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Do You Live in an Anti-Free Speech State?
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Do You Live in an Anti-Free Speech State?
Quote:I used to live in a blue state that had a lot of issues. In addition to the bad policies and the incredible taxes, they couldn't seem to get the concept of proper governance right -- serving the people, not lording their power over them.

That's why I fled my blue state for the free state of Texas. Texas isn't perfect any more than any other place is, but they do appear to have a deep belief, at least in the area I'm in, in leaving you alone to live your life as you choose. There's also a greater sense that everyone is your neighbor that I hadn't fully appreciated before which is a wonderful thing to experience. There are so many differences from speech to gun rights, along with a fundamental difference in approach to governance -- they believe in limited government and staying out of your way as opposed to constantly attempting to control you. They hold true to the belief that you have inherent rights upon which the government cannot infringe. Blue states will say that but then seem to do what they want, regardless of what rights they infringe upon.

I talk about my move in the context of something George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley wrote about -- which states are "anti-free speech" states. Our friends at our sister site Twitchy pointed out his list, and I wanted to share it with you. Now, you could probably figure out some of the states that might be on the list -- there's an amazing synchronicity between blue states and the people who want to control your speech.

Turley notes:

The 5th Circuit previously ruled in Missouri v. Biden that administration officials “likely violated” the First Amendment and issued a preliminary injunction banning the government from communicating with social media companies to limit speech.

As we noted, the injunction was stayed pending a decision by the Supreme Court on the merits of the case.

But 23 states and the District of Columbia have now signed on with the Biden administration as "amici states" to combat "harmful content" on the internet and "misleading information." That's the list Turley is talking about.

NEW YORK, ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, HAWAI‘I, ILLINOIS, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, NEW MEXICO, OREGON, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WASHINGTON, WISCONSIN, AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA

That's a pretty concerning list of states that don't seem perturbed by what the Biden team did and don't seem to fully appreciate the point of the First Amendment. It's also a pretty significant chunk of the country. That should scare anyone. They seem to think such government action is cool, and they'll do it, insisting it's for your own good to protect you from "harm." Who gets to decide what is "harmful" or "misleading" when you start going down this road? Maybe I don't need the state to decide what speech is somehow harmful to me.

Yes, my old state is on the list. You can check and see if the state you live in made the roster.

Link
01-02-2024 03:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: Do You Live in an Anti-Free Speech State?
I'll take democrat governors for $100, Alex.
01-02-2024 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
Turley...lol
01-02-2024 04:20 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
(01-02-2024 04:20 PM)Redwingtom Wrote:  Turley...lol

????
01-02-2024 04:27 PM
Advertisement

Redbanksdog Online
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis
(01-02-2024 04:27 PM)VA49er Wrote:  

????

He's been lost all day with a new year ahead of him.
01-02-2024 06:30 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
If your state has anti-BDS laws on the books you are an anti-free speech state.
01-02-2024 06:34 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama

Lol, dude, you're so funny. Where do you get off scoffing at one of the country's premier constitutional scholars? Your mind is like a pea compared to his and you're laughing at him? It's the very definition of stupid. Hilariously enough the stupidity runs so deep you aren't even aware of it.
01-02-2024 06:49 PM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(01-02-2024 06:49 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Lol, dude, you're so funny. Where do you get off scoffing at one of the country's premier constitutional scholars? Your mind is like a pea compared to his and you're laughing at him? It's the very definition of stupid. Hilariously enough the stupidity runs so deep you aren't even aware of it.

It boggles the mind doesn't it?
01-02-2024 07:58 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Conservative businesses need to relocate out of these states. If they can’t relocate, close the business down and move to a more business friendly Conservative state in the South. That’s the ONLY thing the tax and spend liberals understand.

Look at that list of sh*tholes…. who in their right mind would want to call any of those places home. High crime, high taxes, failing schools, kangaroo courts where criminals like BLM have more rights than law biding citizens. It’s no coincidence these are the “defund the police” states. Conservative states need to make it illegal for liberals from these states to even visit. Keep the crazies in the cesspools they created. People who live in those states don’t deserve to call themselves Americans.

NEW YORK, ARIZONA, CALIFORNIA, COLORADO, CONNECTICUT, DELAWARE, HAWAI‘I, ILLINOIS, MAINE, MARYLAND, MASSACHUSETTS, MICHIGAN, MINNESOTA, NEVADA, NEW JERSEY, NEW MEXICO, OREGON, PENNSYLVANIA, RHODE ISLAND, VERMONT, WASHINGTON, WISCONSIN, AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA
01-02-2024 08:17 PM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

????

"I talk about my move in the context of something George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley..........."

The right's new darling they use in their talking points.
01-03-2024 09:24 AM
Advertisement

appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
(01-02-2024 07:58 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(01-02-2024 06:49 PM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

It boggles the mind doesn't it?

As much as we would like to laugh and call it stupidity; it isn't. It's dishonesty.
01-03-2024 09:45 AM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

(01-03-2024 09:24 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

????

"I talk about my move in the context of something George Washington University Law School professor Jonathan Turley..........."

He isn't the right's darling. He's a friggin Leftist like you. He's just a smart, well educated Leftist. Unlike you.
01-03-2024 09:52 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-03-2024 09:52 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  
(01-03-2024 09:24 AM)Redwingtom Wrote:  

????

He isn't the right's darling. He's a friggin Leftist like you. He's just a smart, well educated Leftist. Unlike you.

Dude, he left any association he had with the left years ago when he started whoring himself out to the right after he was dropped by MSNBC when Keith Olbermann's show was canceled. It became quite evident that he was whoring himself out to the left back then. He has no conviction other than money.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2024 09:58 AM by Redwingtom.)
01-03-2024 09:57 AM
Advertisement

BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

That sir is simply your opinion and not a fact.
01-03-2024 09:59 AM
Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

(01-03-2024 09:59 AM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  That sir is simply your opinion and not a fact.

Well, duh.
01-03-2024 10:00 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.