Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Muslim Leaders Hold An #AbandonBiden* Conference in Chicago
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Muslim Leaders Hold An #AbandonBiden* Conference in Chicago
Quote:The last time we checked in on Muslim leaders’ #AbandonBiden campaign, they were bumbling along, shouting their displeasure with Biden’s apparently disappointing failure to visibly cheer on Hamas terrorists and their barbaric and inhuman attacks on peaceful Israeli citizens.

This failure to celebrate mass rapes, torture, baby beheading, genital mutilation, and the unrestrained slaughter of innocent women, children, and the elderly has festered for Muslim leaders, apparently, so they decided to hold a meeting in Chicago to get themselves organized to ensure that Biden loses in 2024.

I’m very okay, of course, with Biden losing next year. I am less good with the whole premise of this “movement.” Pushing U.S. policy to become anti-Israel is a huge problem; pushing it to become pro-Hamas and pro-jihad is a disaster of the first order. But here we are.

The Chicago Sun-Times reports (archive link):

Muslim community leaders from across the country will rally in Chicago Saturday, calling for voters to drop their support for President Joe Biden because of his administration’s refusal to call for a cease-fire in Gaza as the civilian death toll in the Israel-Hamas war climbs.

Since October, organizers of the #AbandonBiden campaign have been canvassing in swing states against the incumbent’s 2024 reelection bid. They’ll expand their message to target voters in all 50 states during a news conference at the Hilton Garden Inn at McCormick Place, urging voters of all faiths to “abandon him because he’s abandoned us” as Palestinian deaths mount, according to organizer Hassan Abdel Salam.

“Chicago really is the center of Muslim America,” said Salam, a sociology professor at the University of Minnesota. “We’ve found a lot of reception in actively campaigning against Biden for violating a key promise of the Democratic Party: that we would respect life domestically and abroad, and that all lives matter.”

. . . . Salam and Hussein say hundreds of supporters are advancing the political effort in battleground states, including Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Michigan, where narrow Democratic majorities elevated Biden to the White House.

And they say some of their support comes from Democratic Party insiders and elected officials who have offered their backing behind the scenes, but are avoiding “front-facing roles” in the effort ahead of what’s widely expected to be a Biden rematch with former Republican President Donald Trump.

“The Muslim community in the U.S. as a whole may be small, but it is well-connected,” Hussein said. “We helped vote him in, and we’ve been betrayed in such a significant way that we must help vote him out.”

Salam emphasized that they don’t support Trump or any of the Republican candidates in the primary field — but “four years of any Republican is not comparable to a single day in Gaza.”

You can read the #AbandonBiden press release here (archive link).

Meanwhile, #HamasRapists is trending on Twitter (X).

Link

Muslim Leaders in Swing States Go National With Effort vs. Biden in 2024 Election Over Support for Israel

Quote:On Saturday, a coalition of Muslim leaders in swing states announced they are stepping up their efforts to make sure Joe Biden (assuming he's the Democrat candidate, which is anything but certain) loses the 2024 presidential election. Why? Because he supports Israel.

The #AbandonBiden campaign officially began earlier in December, led by Muslim leaders in swing states like Michigan, Minnesota and Arizona, who disapproved of Biden’s support for Israel’s counterattacks against Hamas. The counterattacks have come at the cost of tens of thousands of innocent Palestinian lives.

Now, the coalition intends to expand the pressure campaign to all 50 states.

“We will save America from itself, by punishing Biden at the ballot box,” said lead organizer Jaylani Hussein in a statement.

Self-awareness rating: Zero.

Honestly, the chutzpah of these people (yes, my use of a Yiddish term was deliberate) thinking that they could "save America from itself." Plenty of Americans feel differently, including your humble correspondent; honestly, the least of the current GOP field would be preferable to another term of Joe Biden, or even one term of his understudy.

The group isn't completely obtuse; they do understand our two-party system, and that their efforts may well help elect a GOP candidate.

“There is a likelihood that our votes may weaken the Democrats that the Republicans may win,” Hussein said. “We’re not fools about that.”

The #AbandonBiden campaign is willing to take that risk, he said: “We will risk an unknown four years of Trump.”

You've likely heard the phrase, "Politics make strange bedfellows." The idea that a Muslim activist group may well campaign to help Donald Trump regain the White House - or to see Ron DeSantis or Nikki Haley elected - well, those are strange bedfellows indeed. Not only are the #AbandonBiden campaign members working in unintentional alliance with the GOP, but they are also adding to the woes of Democrats, who are already worried about third-party challenges to the incumbent.

What's interesting about this is, that by most standards, President Biden's support for Israel has been rather tepid. The Biden Administration has repeatedly cautioned Israel to minimize civilian casualties in Gaza (Israel's Hamas foes show no such compunctions) but, on the other hand, Biden has side-stepped Congress to send $147 million in military support to Israel.

President Biden, while he is favored to be the Democratic nominee at the moment, has grown visibly weaker and more befuddled in recent months. RealClearPolling, the survey arm of RealClearPolitics, at present, shows Joe Biden polling behind all three of the top GOP candidates in the averages of recent polls (although in the case of Florida Governor Ron DeSantis, the lead is very narrow:)

Biden v. Trump: Trump +2.3%
Biden v. DeSantis: DeSantis +0.2%
Biden v. Haley: Haley +4.9%

Any third-party candidate that the #AbandonBiden campaign is likely to throw their support behind will only tip the odds further in favor of whomever the Republican candidate ends up being. Given the likely outcome of their efforts, all I can say to the #AbandonBiden campaign is, "Bravo! Keep up the good work, and may your efforts bear fruit!"
01-02-2024 01:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
RE: Muslim Leaders Hold An #AbandonBiden* Conference in Chicago
Good, they should turn on Genocide Joe. Also I don't think calling for a cease fire and this quote are the same thing, but go off!

"I’m very okay, of course, with Biden losing next year. I am less good with the whole premise of this “movement.” Pushing U.S. policy to become anti-Israel is a huge problem; pushing it to become pro-Hamas and pro-jihad is a disaster of the first order. But here we are."
(This post was last modified: 01-02-2024 01:38 PM by b0ndsj0ns.)
01-02-2024 01:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Online
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Do these jokers realize that Trump is more pro-Israel than Ol' Foggy? Remember that he made Jerusalem the US embassy location, to their chagrin. I guess they forgot, which is good news anyway. They want peace after they wanted war, quite an an ambivalence.
01-02-2024 02:16 PM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Online
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
Fuq Islam. First of all it's not a religion, it's a cult. Secondly, they will ALL tell you that Islam is a religion of peace...as they chop off your head simply for not being Muslim.

There's a poster on the Tiger sports board with whom I've shared opinions on a broad range of topics over the years. I considered him a solid poster who also happened to be Muslim. That was never an issue until last week when I stated that there is no pro-Palestinian speech that deserves recognition. He PM'd me all concerned that I was anti-Palestinian. He read me the riot act on several positions he assumed I held and without giving me the chance to respond he placed me on ignore. I was going to tell him that I am anti anything that involves radical violence.

Good riddance. They ALL act as if they are rational, levelheaded and reasonable individuals all the way up until someone says something about their ideology, not their so called religion, with which they disagree. Then they want to chop off your head.
01-03-2024 07:17 AM
Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Very skeptical that this will amount to much of anything, politically. But we shall see, ~10 months from now.
01-03-2024 08:22 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
It's just a pressure tactic to advance things they want. Just like CAIR.

When it comes time to vote they will deliver the boxes full of Biden ballots.
01-03-2024 10:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.