12-13-2023 10:55 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MUther Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
CrappiesCrappies
RE: Thee place to visit
I thought Ohio State, Tennessee, and Michigan St all had great fans and were very kind to us. I agree with Florida and of course WVU (surprised they aren't higher on the list)
12-13-2023 10:59 AM
Hemi Man Offline
Hector's Homeboy

I Root For: Troy
I’ve been to six of the Friendly and twelve of the hostile. Hands down Nebraska is the best I’ve encountered. Oho St, LSU, and Arkansas are pretty bad.
12-13-2023 11:05 AM
stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
Very few SEC schools on the friendly side versus the hostile side. Imagine that
12-13-2023 11:08 AM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(12-13-2023 11:08 AM)stingingeagle Wrote:  Very few SEC schools on the friendly side versus the hostile side. Imagine that

Entitled group for sure. Only thing that saves most of them is they get over-ridden by Southern hospitality. It's like being a polite d!ck.
12-13-2023 11:20 AM
bcp_jmu Offline
Heisman

I Root For: James Madison!!
Colorado is fun, but lots of rich, entitled, pricks (the ladies too)
12-13-2023 11:24 AM
Advertisement

By The River Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Cajuns
Last year I went to the lsu-Auburn game at Auburn with family and some friends. My son's friend (past lsu student) said that the Auburn fans were genuinely friendly. He said that he couldn't even try to trash talk as they were too nice.
12-13-2023 11:34 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
How is A&M not on the hostile side??
12-13-2023 11:45 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

OT but kinda not OT but I was in KC for the Eagles and Chiefs game a few weeks ago and Eagles fans completely took over that town. I fully expected some craziness as I wore Cowboys gear, but surprisingly of all the dozens of Eagles fans I interacted with only one was anything less than friendly. Even saw one wearing a jersey that said "Cowboys suck 24/7", so of course I had to say "Go Cowboys!" to him. Dude followed me out the door only to come shake my hand, tell me how good the Cowboys had been looking, that they were lucky to have beaten us the first time, and that he was worried about our upcoming matchup. I was honestly kind of disappointed. He was right to be worried though lol. Their fans were so nice that my gf now proclaims herself an honorary Eagles fan, much to my chagrin.
12-13-2023 11:54 AM
WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
This list is completely illegitimate. Any fool that puts Arkansas on the "hostile" fanbase list is a moron that doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. No I'm not an Arkansas fan (even though I work 2 blocks from the stadium).
12-13-2023 12:25 PM
MUther Offline
Heisman

CrappiesCrappies
(12-13-2023 12:25 PM)WARDAWG93 Wrote:  This list is completely illegitimate. Any fool that puts Arkansas on the "hostile" fanbase list is a moron that doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. No I'm not an Arkansas fan (even though I work 2 blocks from the stadium).

It's his list from his experience when he visited those places. He may not have gotten the full picture but it's not illegitimate. If he was going off anecdotes from fans around the country, I might agree. But how he was treated was how he was treated. And we all know that any 2 people you ask will have different experiences, sometimes same person on 2 different trips to the same place will have a different experience.
12-13-2023 01:03 PM
Advertisement

stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Ga Southern
(12-13-2023 12:25 PM)WARDAWG93 Wrote:  This list is completely illegitimate. Any fool that puts Arkansas on the "hostile" fanbase list is a moron that doesn't have a clue what they are talking about. No I'm not an Arkansas fan (even though I work 2 blocks from the stadium).

It would be hard to quantity a list based on something this subjective..
12-13-2023 01:04 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
We're first at something!!!!!! Let us enjoy this will ya?
12-13-2023 01:34 PM
TrueBlueDrew Online
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
Any list that doesn’t have BYU or Auburn in the top friendly list is invalid
12-13-2023 01:43 PM
slycat Online
Heisman

(12-13-2023 11:24 AM)bcp_jmu Wrote:  Colorado is fun, but lots of rich, entitled, pricks (the ladies too)

I went there when TXST played them and when I was standing in line to get a beer and student asked me why I would travel all there way to the game. Weirdest question I've ever gotten at an away game
12-13-2023 01:56 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
(12-13-2023 11:05 AM)Hemi Man Wrote:  Oho St, LSU, and Arkansas are pretty bad.

All 3 have full run of their respective states and have no football rivals of any consequence within about 200 miles. Visitors come, play their games, and go back home, so who gives a crap how ugly you are to them inside the stadium? When everybody you interact with all day, every day, pulls for the same team, you never develop nor need the ability to play nice with others.

(12-13-2023 11:34 AM)By The River Wrote:  Last year I went to the lsu-Auburn game at Auburn with family and some friends. My son's friend (past lsu student) said that the Auburn fans were genuinely friendly. He said that he couldn't even try to trash talk as they were too nice.

I agree 100%. When I was in school, I loved our Auburn trips because everybody there was so cool. We’d be out getting breakfast, and random people would see us with our Southern Miss gear on and come say hi and wish us well.

I always got the impression that by having to put up with Bama fans, Auburn fans tried extra hard to contrast themselves to the mouth breathers in Tuscaloosa.
12-13-2023 02:40 PM
Advertisement

El Chanto Offline
1st String

I Root For: CoastalCarolina
04-jawdrop I keep looking on the Hostile side for East Carolina and I don't see them crazy Pie Rats anywhere! They were brutal to be around, just like the SC Cockroaches (a deserving top ten ranking), when we played in baseball regionals. I notice 20th ranked Friendliest is coming to the MB Bowl this Saturday so maybe I'll get to interact with some Ohio Bobcat fans in person. 03-idea

01-lauramac2 I've been to Raleigh a few times to hang out at Wolfpack tailgates and they are definitely on the wrong side of this list: https://www.outsidethebeltway.com/two_ki..._nc_state/
12-13-2023 02:56 PM
OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
I hope thou get to visit all the friendly places!
12-13-2023 02:59 PM
muherd34 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Marshall University
I had a terrible time at VT. Was spit at and had batteries thrown at out group, went with a buddy to the sugar bowl when wvu played fl and both fan bases were a holes. TOSU, Bob kitties, ND, NC St and TN were all nice enough, some jerks just like anywhere else, but overall good. Really really enjoyed our trip against Kstate and wouldn't mind playing them every year.
12-13-2023 04:22 PM
JMURocks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: James Madison
(12-13-2023 04:22 PM)muherd34 Wrote:  I had a terrible time at VT. Was spit at and had batteries thrown at out group, went with a buddy to the sugar bowl when wvu played fl and both fan bases were a holes. TOSU, Bob kitties, ND, NC St and TN were all nice enough, some jerks just like anywhere else, but overall good. Really really enjoyed our trip against Kstate and wouldn't mind playing them every year.

Good cow, never had a very high opinion of VT people, but that's approaching Philly Eagles level awful.
12-13-2023 04:40 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.