Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

*** Official America's Game Army-Navy presented by USAA Game Thread ***
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
Exclamation *** Official America's Game Army-Navy presented by USAA Game Thread ***
Army West Point Black Knights 5-6 vs Navy Midshipmen 5-6 (4-4 AAC)
Saturday 9 December, 1800Z (3:00 PM ET), Gillette Stadium, Foxborough Massachusetts,

TELEVISION: CBS
Play-by-Play: Brad Nessler, Analyst: Gary Danielson, Sideline: Jenny Dell,

NATIONAL RADIO: WESTWOOD ONE
Play-by-Play: John Sadak, Analyst: Ross Tucker, Sideline: Tina Cervasio-McKearney
Online: cbssports.com and Paramount

RADIO: NAVY RADIO NETWORK
Play-by-Play: Pete Medhurst, Analyst: Joe Miller, Sideline: Keith Mills, Studio: Scott Wykoff, Pregame Commentary: John Feinstein
• WBAL 1090 AM / 101.5 FM (Baltimore)
• WFED 820 AM / 94.3 FM (Frederick, Md.)
• WFED 1500 AM (Washington, D.C.)
• WFED 104.5 FM (W. Fairfax / Loudon, Va.)
• WNAV 1430 AM / 99.9 FM (Annapolis)
• KWFN 97.3 FM (San Diego)
• WGH 1310 AM / 100.9 FM (Norfolk)
• WJGM 105.7 FM (Jacksonville, Fla.)
• Satellite: Navy Broadcast - SiriusXM (Ch. 83) and on the SXM App (Ch. 83). National Broadcast - SiriusXM (Ch.84) and on the SXM App (Ch. 84)
• Apps: Audacy (WNAV and KWFN) and TuneIn (WBAL)

LIVE STATS: STATBROADCAST
Online: navystats.com

OPENING KICK
• Army and Navy meet for the 124th time on the gridiron and for the first time in Massachusetts when the two square off on Saturday at Gillette Stadium (65,878) in Foxborough, Mass. Kickoff is set for 3:00 pm and the game will be televised nationally by CBS, while Westwood One will handle the national radio broadcast. The annual Army-Navy Game, America’s Game, is presented by USAA.
• Navy leads the all-time series 62-54-7. Army won last year’s game 20-17 in double overtime. The two teams are 2-2 against one another over the last 4 contests, while 7 of the last 9 games have been decided by 7 points or less.
• The Army-Navy game is the 8th-most played rivalry game in college football.
• The next 4 sites for the Army-Navy game are - Dec. 14, 2024 in Washington, D.C. / Landover, Md.; Dec. 13, 2025 in Baltimore; Dec. 12, 2026 in New York City / East Rutherford, N.J. and Dec. 11, 2027 in Philadelphia. Including this year’s contest, all 5 Army-Navy games will be televised nationally by CBS.
• This will be Brian Newberry’s 5th Army-Navy game, but his 1st as a head coach. Navy head coaches are 16-15-3 against Army in their first year.
• The Mids will have an opportunity to earn a share of the Commander-In-Chief’s Trophy with a win over Army thanks to the Black Knights’ 23-3 upset over Air Force. Navy lost to Air Force 17-6 on Oct. 21. This was the same scenario in 2021 when Navy defeated Army 17-13 at the Meadowlands. If Navy defeats Army the trophy will remain with Air Force since the Falcons won it last. If Army wins, the Black Knights will win the Commander-In Chief’s Trophy for the first time since 2020.
• Navy, picked 9th in the American Athletic Conference preseason poll, finished tied for 5th with a 4-4 record. Army will join the AAC next fall.
• Navy’s 738 wins all-time as a program are the 25th most in FBS history. Army stands 29th at 726.
• Five of Navy’s 6 losses came at the hands of a team that will be playing in a bowl game, including 2 teams ranked in the top 25 (#15 Notre Dame and #17 SMU). Navy’s only loss to a team with a losing record was Temple.
• Navy’s 5 wins this year are the most since 2019.
• Navy has played the longest regular-season schedule in the country this year. The Mids played the first regular-season college football game of the season on August 26 against Notre Dame at Aviva Stadium in Dublin, Ireland and will play the final regular-season game of the year against Army.
• Colin Ramos (Jr. / LB) and Riley Riethman (Jr. / P) were named First-Team All American Athletic Conference by the league’s coaches. Rayuan Lane III (Jr. / S) was named to the third team, while Alex Tecza (So. / FB), Dashaun Peele (Jr / CB) and Will Harbour (Sr / LB) were named honorable mention.
• Xavier McDonald (Sr. / Striker) is one of 11 FBS players who has been selected to the 2023 Allstate American Football Coaches Association (AFCA) Good Works Team. He has also been nominated for the Football Writers Association Courage Award (winner to be announced) and is a semifinalist for the Witten Award (winner to be announced). Allstate will honor the Good Works Team on Jan. 1 at the Allstate Sugar Bowl in New Orleans, an annual tradition provided courtesy of Allstate as an additional honor for being selected to the team. The trip will span 3 days and include a variety of events.
• Navy is one of two schools to start 4 or more quarterbacks this fall (Arizona State has started 5): Tai Lavatai (Sr.), Blake Horvath (So.), Braxton Woodson (Fr.) and Xavier Arline (Sr.). Navy, Duke, Florida State and Utah are the only 4 schools in the FBS to win a game with 3 different starting quarterbacks (Lavatai vs. Wagner and Charlotte, Horvath vs. North Texas, Arline vs. UAB and ECU).
• Navy’s 12:44 scoring drive against UAB, capped off by a 2-yard touchdown run by Daba Fofana (Jr. / FB), that started in the 3rd quarter and ended in the 4th quarter was the longest scoring drive by a Navy team in terms of time since the Mids’ epic 26-play, 94-yard, 14:26 drive that ended in a field goal against New Mexico in the 2004 Emerald Bowl.
• Navy and Penn State are the only 2 schools in the FBS to record 3 shutouts this year. The 3 shutouts are the most by a Navy team in a single-season since 1978 when the Mids shut out 4 opponents. The shutout of East Carolina was the first time the Pirates had been shut out in 26 years (322 games). The Navy defense has not allowed a touchdown in 4 of its 11 games this year (UAB scored 6 points on 2 field goals).
• Navy’s defense is tied with Cal for #1 in the the nation in fumbles recovered with 14.
• Navy is 3rd in the country in turnover margin at +1.18.
• Navy’s 4 interceptions thrown are tied for the 3rd fewest in the country.
• Navy’s red zone defense is 3rd in the country, allowing opponents to score just 71 percent of the time.
• Navy has come up with 24 turnovers this fall, tied for the 7th most in the country.
• Navy has 9 touchdown drives under 1:00 this year, tied for the 6th most in the country.
• Luke Pirris (So. / Raider) and Justin Reed (Jr. / DE) are tied for 5th in the country in fumble recoveries with 3 apiece.
(This post was last modified: 12-06-2023 09:54 AM by slhNavy91.)
12-06-2023 08:48 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

RE: *** Official America's Game Army-Navy presented by USAA Game Thread ***
THE COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF'S TROPHY
• The Commander-In-Chief’s Trophy is presented annually to the winner of the football competition among the three major service academies — Army, Navy and Air Force — and is named in honor of the President of the United States.
• Navy has won the trophy 11 of the last 20 years and has won 28 of the last 42 Service Academy games against Air Force and Army.
• Navy has won the trophy a total of 16 times in school history: 1973, 1975, 1978, 1979, 1981, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2012, 2013, 2015 and 2019.
• When there is no clear-cut winner, the trophy remains with the winner of the previous year’s competition.
• The three-sided trophy stands two-and-a-half-feet tall and is engraved with the academy seals. Reproductions of the three mascots — the Army Mule, the Navy Goat and the Air Force Falcon — are ensconced on the respective sides of this bauble. The trophy is sponsored by the West Point Association of Graduates, the Naval Academy Alumni Association and the Air Force Association of Graduates.
• The year in which the trophy is won is engraved on a plate gracing the respective academy’s side of the trophy.
12-06-2023 08:48 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

GAME DAY TIMELINE
• 12:10 pm - March-on of the Brigade of Midshipmen
• 12:40 pm - March-on of the Corps of Cadets
• 2:45 pm - Service Academy exchange of midshipmen and cadets who are spending the semester at their rival school
• 2:48 pm - Golden Knights and Leap Frogs (weather permitting)
• 3:01 pm - National Anthem, will be sung by the glee clubs from both institutions
• 3:05 pm - Navy flyover will take place when the Mids take the field.
• Saturday’s fly-over features 4 FA-18 Super Hornets from Carrier Air Wing One, based out of Naval Air Station Oceana, Va. Piloting the aircraft will be Lt. Cmdr. Matt “BONCERS” Burch, USNA Class of 2011, Lt. Cmdr. Jon “BG” Weissberg, Class of 2010, Lt. Miranda “Spunkey” Kosmides, Class of 2018, Lt. Katie “Pukasso” Arbuckle, Class of 2017, Lt. Cmdr. Matt “Magic Mutt” Buss, Class of 2012, Lt. Abby “TARA” Mesaros, Class of 2018, Lt. Jake “Smitten” Prickett, Class of 2017 and former Navy football player Lt. Patrick “KIDS BOP” Hoffman, Class of 2017.
• Providing ground control and support will be Cmdr. Michael “Slayer” Farley, Commanding Officer of VFA-81 and Class of 2006, Lt. Travis “Medger” Smith, Class of 2016, and Lt. Samantha Williams, Class of 2019. Carrier Air Wing One is assigned to the USS Harry S. Truman and deployed from 2021-2022 in support of NATO Operations.
• 3:05:45 pm - Army flyover will take place when the Black Knights take the field.
• 3:10 pm - Kickoff
• Following the game, the alma mater of the losing team will be played with both teams standing at attention, followed by the alma mater of the winning team. It is the greatest tradition in all of sports.
12-06-2023 08:49 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

SCOUTING ARMY
5-6 Overall | Independent
Head Coach: Jeff Monken
• Army enters Saturday’s contest having won three-consecutive games (Air Force 23-3, Holy Cross 17-14 and Coastal Carolina 28-21). The Black Knights also own victories over Delaware State (52-0) and a UTSA (37-29) team that did not have star quarterback Frank Harris.
• Army lost to Louisiana Monroe (17-13), Syracuse (29-16), Boston College (27-24), Troy (19-0) and LSU (62-0).
• Like Navy, Army was running a new offense in 2023, but head coach Jeff Monken decided to go back to the old offense against Coastal Carolina and it worked like a charm as the Black Knights scored 28 points behind junior quarterback Bryson Dailey (22 carries for 94 yards and 1 TD) and converted tight end, senior Tyson Riley (12 carries, 112 yards, 1 TD), returned to fullback.
• Dailey is a very good option quarterback and an especially tough runner. He leads Army in rushing with 817 yards and 7 touchdowns on 188 carries. He has also completed 53 of his 106 pass attempts for 859 yards with 6 touchdowns and 6 interceptions.
• Freshman running back Kanye Udoh is 2nd on the team in rushing with 436 yards and a touchdown on 86 carries. Army is 9th in the country in rushing, averaging 208.3 yards per game.
• Fourth-year junior Isaiah Alston is a standout wide receiver for the Black Knights, averaging 29.6 yards per catch on 9 receptions. He also has 2 touchdown catches. Sophomore wide receiver Noah Short has 18 catches for 252 yards and 2 touchdowns to complement Alston. Army is 4th in the country in passing yards per completion (15.5) as a team.
• The Army offensive line is once again stout, ranking 9th in the country in tackles for loss allowed (3.8) and 18th in sacks allowed (1.18). Army also likes to control the clock behind its offensive line, ranking 17th in time of possession (32:15).
• The Army defense is led by two outstanding players in senior linebacker Leo Lowin (83 tackles. 4.5 TFL, 3 sacks, 2 fumble recoveries, which ranks 17th in the country, and 4 forced fumbles, which ranks 3rd) and fifth-year senior safety Quindrelin Hammonds (58 tackles, 4 TFL, 2.5 sacks, 3 interceptions and a fumble recovery).
• The Army defense has been tough to move the ball against, ranking 15th in first downs allowed with 204. It also ranks 19th in the country in fumbles recovered with 9, 22nd in passing yards allowed (188.7) and 24th in red zone defense (.774).
• Army’s special teams have been outstanding, blocking 4 kicks, which ranks 3rd in the country. Last year, Army blocked a punt against Navy that proved to be the difference in the game.
• Army’s 2 blocked punts are also the second most in the country, while Army has not allowed a blocked kick of any kind.
• Army also ranks No. 1 in the country in punt returns (22.0 yds per return) and 8th in kickoff return defense, giving up just 15.2 yards per return.
• Senior kicker Quinn Maretzki ranks 23rd in the country in field goal percentage (.846).
• The Black Knights have been a very disciplined club, ranking 7th in fewest penalties per game (3.9 per contest) and 10th in fewest penalty yards per game (37.7).
• Army has 10 fifth-year seniors on its roster and 5 fourth-year juniors.
12-06-2023 08:49 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Go Navy!

[Image: 5fdb7dacc910a400192e80d5?width=1136&format=jpeg]
12-06-2023 09:55 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt says navy will win due to the "lighthouse" at gillette stadium
12-06-2023 09:57 AM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(12-06-2023 09:57 AM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  clt says navy will win due to the "lighthouse" at gillette stadium

12-06-2023 10:01 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

12-06-2023 10:03 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

Sirius XM College Sports Ch 84 has all kinds of Army Navy content

2pm ET Coach New

12-06-2023 10:41 AM
Hausna06 Offline
Water Engineer

I know this is a long shot, but if anyone has tickets I would be interested
12-06-2023 11:11 AM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

12-09-2023 08:14 AM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

And now I still have to wait hours....
12-09-2023 12:52 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

Go Navy!
12-09-2023 02:03 PM
Stickboy46 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Wichita State
The All American (Athletic Conference) Game
12-09-2023 02:24 PM
GeminiCoog Offline
You'll Never Walk Alone

I Root For: Houston, Notre Dame
Over the years, I've found that I've had family members serve in all branches of our armed forces. But since my dad served in the Navy, that's who I root for in this game, and really, in all games as long as they're not playing Houston or Notre Dame.

And let us remember something. Our wonderful men who serve our great country in our stead will go to separate sidelines to battle each other on the gridiron, and come back together afterward under the Star-Spangled Banner, for that flag is what truly matters to them.

Good luck to both teams.
GO NAVY! BEAT ARMY!
12-09-2023 02:54 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Wow, the local CBS affiliate in MEM is doggedly staying with their weather guys continue discussing the storm front (small) in SE Arkansas tracking NE toward MEM instead of switching to the FB game.

Absolutely unreal. Nor is the game on CBSSN, so this metro area will not see at least the opening kickoff and some of the 1st quarter.
12-09-2023 03:06 PM
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Update - CBS affiliate finally showing the game in a "picture" box that is about 1/12 of the TV screen. Better than nothing.
(This post was last modified: 12-09-2023 03:20 PM by boss man.)
12-09-2023 03:19 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
That was a big FG by Army to close out the half.

Navy's offense has been largely moribund. Need to get things going.
12-09-2023 04:39 PM
slhNavy91 Offline
Heisman

(07-16-1970 07:12 PM)quo vadisx40' Wrote:  That was a big FG by Army to close out the half.

Navy's offense has been largely moribund. Need to get things going.

Story of 2023
12-09-2023 04:43 PM
Bull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF and the AAC!
Awesome to see the kid hit a career long in such a huge game. He nailed it.
12-09-2023 04:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.