Abilene Christian (Home)

3:00 P.M. CT Abilene, Texas
TV: ESPN+

12/11/2023

Utah Tech (Away)
CSUN (Home)

7:00 P.M. PT Northridge, CA
TV: ESPN+ [/b]
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 10:19 PM by Itinerant Texan.)
12-04-2023 09:23 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tarleton Baylor
RE: WAC MEN’S BASKETBALL WEEK #5
SFA and Grand Canyon have good games this week. We need to beat the CUSA teams.
12-05-2023 04:52 AM
TexanFan Online
1st String

I Root For: Tarleton
GCU takes down #25 San Diego State 79-73.

Great win Lopes!!!!
12-05-2023 11:22 PM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

very nice win for GCU! SFA losing to La Tech is disappointing. SUU almost upsetting Utah is absolutely shocking!
12-05-2023 11:40 PM
RT98 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: UTA,Tx A&M
Gcu is a beast. Wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak into the top 26 at sometime this season. The Wac is a decent enough conference that it shouldn't drag them down
12-06-2023 03:19 PM
DZ1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU
(12-06-2023 03:19 PM)RT98 Wrote:  Gcu is a beast. Wouldn't be surprised to see them sneak into the top 26 at sometime this season. The Wac is a decent enough conference that it shouldn't drag them down
Personally if GCU can get into the top 50, I'd be ecstatic. A victory over Liberty on Saturday would go a long way towards this. KenPom has Liberty ranked #55 with GCU at #73.

On a side note, it was nice to see that the WAC passed CUSA in the KenPom conference rankings. The WAC is now at #13 and CUSA at #14. I wonder if Sam Houston State and New Mexico State are regretting their decision to leave the WAC.
12-06-2023 08:58 PM
Advertisement

Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

https://bracketologists.com/conferences/ WAC at #12 and CUSA #16 NMSU is dragging down their rankings lol. I still think RGV is way too low in the net at 300+
12-07-2023 04:39 AM
Outsider Offline
1st String

I Root For: ACU & Tulane
ACU continued their same. They were losing, and playing catch-up, most of game against NAU. They would occasionally get a 1-2 point lead and then immediately lose it. ACU was lucky enough to tie it with about 13 seconds left and then lose the game with about 0.02 seconds left: 76-78. Our fast break, bench and 2nd chance points were actually a little better from our past but NAU nailed their shots and squeezed out more bench points as they forced TOs, as well as way outrebounded us. In the end, we continued to struggle defending the lanes and the paint. Just like last game, we couldn't stop one shot with a few seconds left to defend a win.
12-07-2023 10:01 AM
Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

kinda shocking to see ACU lose to NAU. You are better than that come on now! Tje Cats are on a 4 game skid now. That OT Loss to SFA seemed to knock some of the mojo out of them or something.
12-07-2023 01:00 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

Last night, I watched one of the best games I seen this year. Utah Tech and CBU. Two good teams playing extremely hard. UT made their FTs at the end and blocked a final 3 pt shot at the end to seal the game.

We now have three teams sitting 2-0 at the top of the standings, GCU, UT & Tarleton.
12-07-2023 01:29 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ACU
(12-07-2023 01:00 PM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  kinda shocking to see ACU lose to NAU. You are better than that come on now! Tje Cats are on a 4 game skid now. That OT Loss to SFA seemed to knock some of the mojo out of them or something.

It is like flipping a coin, whether we win or lose. Seems every game is super close and recently each one has had a remarkable bounce to a loss. Sooner or later, lady luck needs to bounce our way. Last night, Simmons had a leg cramp at the end and had to retire. That probably cost us the game.
12-07-2023 01:39 PM
Advertisement

Outsider Offline
1st String

(12-07-2023 01:39 PM)RCI Wrote:  
(12-07-2023 01:00 PM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  kinda shocking to see ACU lose to NAU. You are better than that come on now! Tje Cats are on a 4 game skid now. That OT Loss to SFA seemed to knock some of the mojo out of them or something.

It is like flipping a coin, whether we win or lose. Seems every game is super close and recently each one has had a remarkable bounce to a loss. Sooner or later, lady luck needs to bounce our way. Last night, Simmons had a leg cramp at the end and had to retire. That probably cost us the game.

I won't play that game. Yes, losing Simmons hurts, but he was also the one who helped allow SFA to score at the end of the game a week ago. So, it's not all on him. Besides, NAU had two of their starters foul out within the last 3 minutes and we still couldn't get it done. No, that didn't cost us the game. We need more than Lady Luck right now. NAU played faster and with more intensity than we did. So did SFA, as well as UTA. I am constantly watching our opponents run quick-set plays that take advantage of us. We tend to dribble down, stop, and pass it around the best we can and then run into people while driving. Now, over simplifying a bit, but not completely. I was at least hoping for the ugly dub last night but couldn't even pull that off. As much as we don't have ourselves figured out, other teams sure do.
12-07-2023 02:58 PM
TexanFan Online
1st String

(12-07-2023 01:39 PM)RCI Wrote:  

Simmons is my favorite non Tarleton player in the WAC. He doesn’t have a basketball body but man can he play. Love it when he shoots the 3. Rebounds. Just a gamer.
12-07-2023 10:13 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

And I understand he is a good guy as well.
12-07-2023 10:56 PM
Outsider Offline
1st String

(12-07-2023 10:56 PM)RCI Wrote:  And I understand he is a good guy as well.

He will always be an ACU favorite.
12-08-2023 12:57 AM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

Wildcats easily beat division III Howard Payne, 120 to 69. Not sure why we play a D3 opponent other than tradition. HPU had some fine shooters and should beat many of their peers. It was fun watching so many minutes from our bench. They should get a lot of confidence out of playing a game like this.
12-10-2023 06:49 PM
Advertisement

Spolovilo4EVER Offline
2nd String

I do not like playing non D1 schools either, especially DIII/NAIA schools. Playing a "historic" DII rival WTAMU/Angelo St etc... would be more palatable but still not ideal. Attendance wise it would not matter much during the break as attendance suffers regardless of opponent during the break until spring semester starts. But playing an overmatched non D1 squad just hurts your NET rankings. Would rather take a "money" game against a P6.
12-11-2023 12:12 PM
RCI Offline
Special Teams

(12-11-2023 12:12 PM)Spolovilo4EVER Wrote:  I do not like playing non D1 schools either, especially DIII/NAIA schools. Playing a "historic" DII rival WTAMU/Angelo St etc... would be more palatable but still not ideal. Attendance wise it would not matter much during the break as attendance suffers regardless of opponent during the break until spring semester starts. But playing an overmatched non D1 squad just hurts your NET rankings. Would rather take a "money" game against a P6.
Fully agree. Attendance was down with only about 1250 in attendance. It is finals time for students. We play UTEP on Dec. 17th and the students will be home for Christmas??? It will be a reunion for Joe Golding, the UTEP coach. Tonight we play another non-D1 school in women's basketball, McMurry. Only good thing is there is no travel issues for McMurry, just across town.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023 01:29 PM by RCI.)
12-11-2023 01:24 PM
edinburger Offline
1st String

I Root For: UTRGV
Deeply hurt and disappointed that not one of you congratulated UTRGV on actually (and barely) winning a D1 basketball game for the first time this season.

Don't think of it as a milestone for us, it's a milestone for the WAC. If we do it again we might even bask in the glory of being out of the 300s.
12-11-2023 08:25 PM
DZ1 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: GCU
(12-11-2023 08:25 PM)edinburger Wrote:  Deeply hurt and disappointed that not one of you congratulated UTRGV on actually (and barely) winning a D1 basketball game for the first time this season.

Don't think of it as a milestone for us, it's a milestone for the WAC. If we do it again we might even bask in the glory of being out of the 300s.
True. My apologies. Congrats to UTRGV! 02-13-banana
I am glad GCU got to play you earlier in the season rather than later. It seems Coach Figger is an excellent coach and the team continues to improve with every game.

Since you took down Corpus Christi at their place, I expect you will win the repeat at Edinburg. That should pull you out of the 300s.
With Chicago State & Incarnate Word after the Corpus Christi repeat, UTRGV could easily be 6-7 by the time they face SFU on Jan. 4th.
(This post was last modified: 12-11-2023 11:40 PM by DZ1.)
12-11-2023 08:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.