Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wilner's Fantasy
otown Offline
All American

I Root For: Florida
Wilner's Fantasy
I do think there is a district possibility of a split down the road, but I do not think it will just be top 24 teams. Nevertheless, its hilarious watching this nut try to predict the future 10 years down the road when the fool couldn't even see what was happening around him in real time over the past year.

https://sports360az.com/wilner-vision-fo...guard/amp/
12-04-2023 02:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
RE: Wilner's Fantasy
(12-04-2023 02:03 PM)otown Wrote:  I do think there is a district possibility of a split down the road, but I do not think it will just be top 24 teams. Nevertheless, its hilarious watching this nut try to predict the future 10 years down the road when the fool couldn't even see what was happening around him in real time over the past year.

Very few saw the complete implosion of the PAC as likely. Of course, many of Wilner's sources were lying through their teeth when they spoke to him. Hell, even the departing 10 didn't see it coming or they would have dissolved the conference and split the assets per the instructions in the bylaws.
12-04-2023 03:25 PM
otown Offline
All American

(12-04-2023 03:25 PM)Aztecgolfer Wrote:  
(12-04-2023 02:03 PM)otown Wrote:  I do think there is a district possibility of a split down the road, but I do not think it will just be top 24 teams. Nevertheless, its hilarious watching this nut try to predict the future 10 years down the road when the fool couldn't even see what was happening around him in real time over the past year.

Very few saw the complete implosion of the PAC as likely. Of course, many of Wilner's sources were lying through their teeth when they spoke to him. Hell, even the departing 10 didn't see it coming or they would have dissolved the conference and split the assets per the instructions in the bylaws.

What are you talking about. There were loads of people talking, even on this very board, about the implosion. In fact, media pundits were talking about it in real time, and Wilner was a babbling bafoon ignoring everything around him.
12-04-2023 03:32 PM
Advertisement

Mean Green Alum Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UNT
(12-04-2023 03:32 PM)otown Wrote:  

What are you talking about. There were loads of people talking, even on this very board, about the implosion. In fact, media pundits were talking about it in real time, and Wilner was a babbling bafoon ignoring everything around him.

The only arguments against it were academics, school mutual history, and geography, and those arguments ignored all the other recent conference realignment moves before. The Oklahoma/Texas move signaled a new environment in the conference realignment landscape.

All it took was to follow the money and realize that there the trouble and rumors were real. That said, I saw Arizona/Colorado as a strong possibility due to financials, but the entirety surprised me... Specifically Cal/Stanford. I thought they would go to the ACC, but in five years.

I didn't think the ACC would take them due to votes. It was a short-sighted decision made by some of the schools (Louisville/Pitt/NC St./Miami) and a smart decision for others (Wake/Boston College). The best decision for most of the schools in the ACC was to let the FSU/Clemson drama play out and react accordingly with the best financial option, more than likely either joining the B!2 or adding B12 schools.
(This post was last modified: 12-04-2023 03:47 PM by Mean Green Alum.)
12-04-2023 03:46 PM
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul

To be fair, I don’t think Wilner was ignoring things or puffing up the leverage of the Pac-12 in a way that, say, Canzano did. Wilner’s sources were largely going to be naturally predisposed to sharing positive news about the Pac-12, but he was pretty careful in saying that the real threat to the Pac-12 was the Big Ten wanting to expand again as opposed to the Big 12, and the longer that the Pac-12 waited on its TV deal and expansion, the more risk the Pac-12 would have in imploding. That ended up being correct: the Big Ten was who killed the Pac-12 as opposed to the Big 12.

I’d be the first to say that I didn’t think the Big Ten was going to expand again for awhile. I did think that *if* the Big Ten expanded again, that is what would spur the exodus as opposed to anything that the Big 12 did. The Big Ten got UW/UO to join for reduced shares and then it was a stampede toward the exits.
12-04-2023 04:05 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
otown Offline
All American

(12-04-2023 03:46 PM)Mean Green Alum Wrote:  

The only arguments against it were academics, school mutual history, and geography, and those arguments ignored all the other recent conference realignment moves before. The Oklahoma/Texas move signaled a new environment in the conference realignment landscape.

All it took was to follow the money and realize that there the trouble and rumors were real. That said, I saw Arizona/Colorado as a strong possibility due to financials, but the entirety surprised me... Specifically Cal/Stanford. I thought they would go to the ACC, but in five years.

I didn't think the ACC would take them due to votes. It was a short-sighted decision made by some of the schools (Louisville/Pitt/NC St./Miami) and a smart decision for others (Wake/Boston College). The best decision for most of the schools in the ACC was to let the FSU/Clemson drama play out and react accordingly with the best financial option, more than likely either joining the B!2 or adding B12 schools.

It was obvious that the 4 corners preferred to stay...... but the money was no there. Leak after leak came out talking about the dire situation regarding the media deal.... or lack thereof. That was then it became obvious that the 4 corners would be gone. Yes, I did not expect the ACC to take Cal and Stanford....... but even if they stayed, the PAC was imploded. Wilner was a buffoon, and this current prediction about the future, is more nonsense by him. Hopefully he has a long retirement.
12-04-2023 04:07 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.