Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Quality of life in Chicago is so poor that illegal immigrants are running back to the
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Quality of life in Chicago is so poor that illegal immigrants are running back to the
Quote:While the United States deals with a crisis at its southern border, illegal immigrants who made their way to Chicago are now turning around and going back to their country of origin because the city is unable to deal with the influx of people.

According to the Daily Mail, there have been over 20,700 immigrants who settled in Chicago after being sent there by Texas Governor Greg Abbott due to its "sanctuary city" policy that will protect those here illegally from deportation.

Like many Democrat-ran cities that hold sanctuary policies, Chicago has struggled to provide housing for everyone arriving, causing the city to use police stations and a section of Chicago O'Hare airport as shelter.

Michael Castejon, 39, an immigrant who came here with his family told the Chicago Tribune that because he was unable to afford rent and unable to get his work permit he was taking his family back to Venezuela.

"The American Dream doesn't exist anymore. There's nothing here for us," he said. "How many more months of living in the streets will it take? No, no more. It's better that I leave. At least I have my mother back home."

"We just want to be home. If we're going to be sleeping in the streets here, we'd rather be sleeping in the streets over there," Castejon added.

The report notes that at one station over 40 people have left to either move home or to a different city within the US. One woman, Diana Vera, who was living on the floor of a police station for a month with her three children decided to take them on a bus to Detroit.

"We heard that there are a lot of jobs over there even if you don't have a permit," she told the outlet.

Residents of Chicago have started to speak out against the city's sanctuary city policy. In September, residents of the Hyde Park community demanded that the migrants be told to go "back to Venezuela" and not allow them to reside there.

In June, residents expressed their frustration about a $51 million spending plan to aid illegal immigrants, with many pointing out how the influx of migrants negatively impacted their communities.

In May, the city ran out of hotels and shelters and began to scramble to find places to house illegal immigrants.

Other cities around the country have also expressed concern over their ability to sustain the influx of people. New York City even began to distribute flyers at the border telling immigrants to go elsewhere because they wouldn't be able to afford to stay.

Link
11-12-2023 07:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Quality of life in Chicago is so poor that illegal immigrants are running back to the
keep busing 'em...

#don'tLetOffTheGas
11-12-2023 08:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
RE: Quality of life in Chicago is so poor that illegal immigrants are running back to the
Make it hurt. Make it hurt the idiots who supported their city being a sanctuary city. It sounds great in theory but upon practical application those same people are like whoaaaaa wait a minute, we didn't really mean it, we were just virtue signaling because we were convinced by the democrats that it would be a good thing. It's a damn shame the children of these people have to suffer but look no farther than their own parents and this administration for the primary reasons.

Make it painful.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2023 07:26 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
11-13-2023 07:23 AM
andybible1995 Online
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
(11-13-2023 07:23 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Make it hurt. It's a damn shame the children of these people have to suffer but look no farther than their own parents and this administration for the primary reasons.

Don't pity the children. They are just as bad if not worse than their parents.
11-13-2023 07:26 AM
Advertisement

TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(11-13-2023 07:26 AM)andybible1995 Wrote:  
(11-13-2023 07:23 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  Make it hurt. It's a damn shame the children of these people have to suffer but look no farther than their own parents and this administration for the primary reasons.

Yeah, uh no. I'm not going to blame a child who's been dragged from his home country to here by his/her parents seeking a better life. I don't fault the vast majority of these people. I fault this administration of marxists. Don't let circumstances destroy your compassion.

I want them out of here as much as any other rational person but I won't pretend that all of this is solely their fault. They are mostly political pawns being used by our morally bankrupt left.
11-13-2023 08:05 AM
stinkfist Online
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(11-13-2023 08:05 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Yeah, uh no. I'm not going to blame a child who's been dragged from his home country to here by his/her parents seeking a better life. I don't fault the vast majority of these people. I fault this administration of marxists. Don't let circumstances destroy your compassion.

I want them out of here as much as any other rational person but I won't pretend that all of this is solely their fault. They are mostly political pawns being used by our morally bankrupt left.

#groverII is currently campaigning on the 'Great MAGA Deportation' ... if he becomes the nom (or anyone else that shares the sentiment), the wrath from the globo-homo donks will be akin to that of God on judgement day processing the evilest of the evil...
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2023 08:14 AM by stinkfist.)
11-13-2023 08:13 AM
JRsec Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: SEC
(11-13-2023 08:05 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Most are entering not knowing that their entry is actually just cover for foreign agents and terrorists. Human shields are what the poor illegals are. That and camera fodder anytime the leftists here want to cry, "Oh the humanity" over the proposal for secured borders.
(This post was last modified: 11-13-2023 08:16 AM by JRsec.)
11-13-2023 08:15 AM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Yep, fall and winter in NYC will make one want to reconsider his/her options.
11-13-2023 08:41 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.