Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

OT: La Tech Coach Pulls Media Credentials from Reporter in Front of Team
Bookmark and Share
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
OT: La Tech Coach Pulls Media Credentials from Reporter in Front of Team
What an absolute D-bag.

(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023 02:15 PM by SkullyMaroo.)
11-09-2023 02:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gdunn Offline
Repping E-Gang Colors

I Root For: Southern Miss

Survivor Champion
RE: OT: La Tech Coach Pulls Media Credentials from Reporter in Front of Team
Dang.
11-09-2023 02:24 PM
El Chanto Offline
1st String

I Root For: CoastalCarolina
Coach Cumbie's a strange dude indeed!! One of Mike Leach's disciples, he was a walk-on QB at Texas Tech who beat Aaron Rodgers' Golden Bears in the 2004 Holiday Bowl when California was ranked 4th in the country. He's got a bachelor's in history, a master's in technical communication, and a PhD in marriage/family therapy from his time with the Red Raiders but chose the path of leading La Tech's football program back into being an irrelevant clown show...
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023 03:56 PM by El Chanto.)
11-09-2023 02:45 PM
FairwayEagle Offline
1st String

Tech gonna Tech.
11-09-2023 02:50 PM
Cyniclone Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ODU
Given the first syllable of his last name and that it’s no nut November, he’s probably just got a lot of pent up frustration.
11-09-2023 02:56 PM
12thmonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ODU
Lol these LT morons broke tables at our place and left the mess for us to clean up. They should change their name from Lousiana Tech to Lost'in'Suck to reflect their true nature.
11-09-2023 03:54 PM
Advertisement

WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
Sounds like he is trying to not lose the team. I haven't read the article yet but it sounded like the reporter in question got very personal about the players and this is Cumbie's way of having their backs. Again, I have not read the article so I really don't know. That's just what I heard from some people in the area.
11-09-2023 06:08 PM
ODU2017 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Old Dominion University
What guts it takes to be the big boss and personally humiliate someone in front of a group. More proof that a large fraction of the people working in sports are too emotionally immature for a real world profession.
11-09-2023 06:14 PM
sdcritter Offline
All American

I Root For: stAte
(11-09-2023 06:14 PM)ODU2017 Wrote:  What guts it takes to be the big boss and personally humiliate someone in front of a group. More proof that a large fraction of the people working in sports are too emotionally immature for a real world profession.

I wondered if I was the only one who had a take that said a real man would confront a guy one on one. And if I was a player I'd be embarrassed while this went on. Not a mature response.
11-09-2023 08:04 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Imagine how he treats his players.

A lot of college coaches are just way out over their skis when it comes to real leadership and management skills.
11-09-2023 09:35 PM
Eagleyed Online
1st String

I Root For: USM
Looks like it hasn't been going well over there since we beat them during our 3-9 season and made their head coach get fired after the game.
11-09-2023 09:38 PM
Advertisement

HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

That’s where you throw the whole “public spectacle” back in the mfer’s face.

“Well, coach, if that’s your decision, I guess I have to accept it, but I bet I’ll have my job longer than you will yours. Have a good practice, everybody.”
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2023 09:47 PM by HarborPointe.)
11-09-2023 09:47 PM
Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
Wow. I can’t imagine having a coach like that. What a tool.
11-09-2023 09:49 PM
RamblinRedWolf Offline
All American

I Root For: Arkansas State
(11-09-2023 06:08 PM)WARDAWG93 Wrote:  Sounds like he is trying to not lose the team. I haven't read the article yet but it sounded like the reporter in question got very personal about the players and this is Cumbie's way of having their backs. Again, I have not read the article so I really don't know. That's just what I heard from some people in the area.

He definitely doesn’t hide his fandom for sure, but there is absolutely better ways to handle this situation than how he did it-this is almost airing your dirty laundry out for the sake of doing it.
11-10-2023 12:11 PM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
(11-10-2023 12:11 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  
(11-09-2023 06:08 PM)WARDAWG93 Wrote:  Sounds like he is trying to not lose the team. I haven't read the article yet but it sounded like the reporter in question got very personal about the players and this is Cumbie's way of having their backs. Again, I have not read the article so I really don't know. That's just what I heard from some people in the area.

He definitely doesn’t hide his fandom for sure, but there is absolutely better ways to handle this situation than how he did it-this is almost airing your dirty laundry out for the sake of doing it.

Why not? The coach doing his thing publicly has thrown any face to face private "talk it out like men" opportunity out the window.
11-10-2023 12:47 PM
WARDAWG93 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM Warhawks
(11-10-2023 12:11 PM)RamblinRedWolf Wrote:  

Oh please don't get me wrong. That was an utterly complete dick of a move by Cumbie and an incredibly immature one to boot. All I was saying is that if that was his motive, I kind of get it but his execution was pathetic and unprofessional to say the least.
11-10-2023 09:02 PM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
(11-09-2023 06:14 PM)ODU2017 Wrote:  What guts it takes to be the big boss and personally humiliate someone in front of a group. More proof that a large fraction of the people working in sports are too emotionally immature for a real world profession.

I think ever since salaries got stupid that coaches have developed rabbit ears and thin skin. Stakes are just so much higher. I concede it’s easier to roll with it if you’re not opening your phone to 50 hysterical messages posted mid-game when people are running on adrenaline overload or cheap bourbon overload.

But I don’t buy that media or social media have the influence people think. Just look at all the Georgia players last year with a straight face parroting the manure that no one expected UGA to be good. They were preseason #3 that’s expected to be in the playoff. TCU wasn’t even preseason top 25.

Worst thing to happen to college football was when the money started rolling in that no one picked a number and said that’s the cap. Make more than that just pour to academics. Instead we live in a world where Kentucky’s football coach is in the top 10 in pay and people are likely more upset UK’s president makes $1.3 million than they are that Mark Stoops makes $9 million.

If your career goal is $9 million instead of $90,000 your freak out sensitivity is going to be a lot higher.
11-11-2023 02:55 AM
BnG_Jacket Offline
2nd String

I Root For: WVU, Marshall, WVSU
I keep saying it, and I will continue to say it: The biggest mistake LT ever made was getting rid of Skip.

The most success they had in years came under him. Now they're bottom-feeders again. This guy isn't the one who's going to lead them to victory.
11-11-2023 02:12 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

This needs to end with Tech’s coach and Charlotte’s coach in a cage match. Winner gets to be OC at Western Michigan in 3 years.
11-11-2023 02:15 PM
ragin4u Offline
WOKE AF

I Root For: Louisiana & Magat Tears
(11-11-2023 02:15 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  This needs to end with Tech’s coach and Charlotte’s coach in a cage match. Winner gets to be OC at Western Michigan in 3 years.

I don't know about latrashs coach but Charlotte's coach is a piece of work, man.
11-11-2023 02:32 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.