Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Some Ex-MAC coaches
Bookmark and Share
MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
Some Ex-MAC coaches
I have a special distaste in my heart for Dan Enos and Sean Lewis who decided being a coordinator at bigger schools was better than head coaching in the MAC. Enos got bounced this week (again) from duties at Arkansas. Lewis is in Deion’s doghouse and demoted. I’m sure they’re crying their way to the bank, but it’s a bit satisfying nonetheless.

Meanwhile, don’t want to jinx him because they’re playing MTSU as I type this, but what a coach Jerry Kill is. It’s a shame his health issues ended his run in the big time or he’d be right up there playing for national titles. To go to NMSU and do what he’s done is incredible.
11-04-2023 06:07 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
RE: Some Ex-MAC coaches
Jerry Kill has NMSU in back to back bowl games. First time since 1959 and 1960. That's how bad that program has been.

Maybe once we get rid of Hammock we can hire Jerry back.

Colorado's decision on demoting Lewis is dumb. They are losing games because their defense is awful, not because of their offense.
11-04-2023 10:15 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CMichFan Offline

I Root For: CMU

Crappies
(11-04-2023 10:15 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Jerry Kill has NMSU in back to back bowl games. First time since 1959 and 1960. That's how bad that program has been.

Colorado's decision on demoting Lewis is dumb. They are losing games because their defense is awful, not because of their offense.

Agree up to a point. If he's still running that offense that gives the D no chance to rest though?
11-04-2023 11:58 PM
Advertisement

MacLord Offline
All American

I Root For:
And don’t forget NMSU ended the world’s longest bowl drought a few years back with former Kent coach Doug Martin, a guy I’d like to see given another shot somewhere with actual resources.
11-05-2023 12:54 AM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Must be Lewis' fault Colorado's OL is so bad Deion's son the QB is getting the crap kicked out of him every week.
11-05-2023 07:34 AM
Advertisement

luckyflash Offline
1st String

I Root For: GOLDEN FLASHES
(11-05-2023 07:34 AM)MajorHoople Wrote:  Must be Lewis' fault Colorado's OL is so bad Deion's son the QB is getting the crap kicked out of him every week.

Lewis took his OL coach and 2 OL with him. So if the OL is an issue that might be a place to start looking. But the D is awful also
11-05-2023 07:41 AM
Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
Shane Montgomery was OC at Buffalo last season but left/was let go, no job this year.

Mike Haywood was head coach at Texas Southern for a few seasons but didn’t do much, was fired in 2018 and has gone MIA since then.

Don Treadwell did some assistant jobs after wrecking Miami, wound up as OC at Arkansas-Pine Bluff and was their interim last season after the head coach was fired (went 1-3 so he wasn’t a total loser there). No job right now.
11-05-2023 10:06 AM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

I Root For: Kent State/James Madison
(11-05-2023 10:06 AM)Love and Honor Wrote:  Shane Montgomery was OC at Buffalo last season but left/was let go, no job this year.

Mike Haywood was head coach at Texas Southern for a few seasons but didn’t do much, was fired in 2018 and has gone MIA since then.

Don Treadwell did some assistant jobs after wrecking Miami, wound up as OC at Arkansas-Pine Bluff and was their interim last season after the head coach was fired (went 1-3 so he wasn’t a total loser there). No job right now.
Montgomery is with ECU.
https://ecupirates.com/sports/football/r...omery/3904
11-05-2023 07:58 PM
BruceMcF Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Reds/Buckeyes/.
(11-04-2023 11:58 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  
(11-04-2023 10:15 PM)epasnoopy Wrote:  Jerry Kill has NMSU in back to back bowl games. First time since 1959 and 1960. That's how bad that program has been.

Agree up to a point. If he's still running that offense that gives the D no chance to rest though?

An unending run of three and outs if they tried to run a ball control offense wouldn't be giving the defense any more rest.
(This post was last modified: 11-06-2023 10:41 AM by BruceMcF.)
11-06-2023 10:40 AM
Advertisement

Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(11-06-2023 10:40 AM)BruceMcF Wrote:  
(11-04-2023 11:58 PM)CMichFan Wrote:  

An unending run of three and outs if they tried to run a ball control offense wouldn't be giving the defense any more rest.
And he wouldn’t be running his best player full double duty.
11-06-2023 06:22 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Pretty evident there is a serious talent shortage in Boulder. They've got a couple of blue chippers but hard to throw from laying on your back because you have a matador OL.

They can't run the ball. OL is bad.

Coach Prime will fix that before his son is totally destroyed. I'll bet their recruiting class will be loaded.
11-06-2023 06:50 PM
Polish Hammer Offline
King of all Dukes

(11-06-2023 06:50 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  Pretty evident there is a serious talent shortage in Boulder. They've got a couple of blue chippers but hard to throw from laying on your back because you have a matador OL.

They can't run the ball. OL is bad.

Coach Prime will fix that before his son is totally destroyed. I'll bet their recruiting class will be loaded.
One of the hardest positions to fill quickly. High school recruits won’t be as ready as you want them when you want them, and good o-linemen are scarce in the portal.
11-06-2023 08:58 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.