Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Georgia Southern @ Texas State - Saturday 11/4, 5pm ET - ESPN+
Bookmark and Share
Georgia_Power_Company Offline
All American

I Root For: GA Southern
Georgia Southern @ Texas State - Saturday 11/4, 5pm ET - ESPN+
How are you Bobcats felling about this game? GS is currently favored by 2 and looking at this on paper we are very close statistically. GS looks to have a bit better defense and Texas St looks to have a bit better offense. GS and Texas St always seem to have games that come down to the wire in San Marcos so this one has me very worried indeed.

Go Eagles! GATA!
10-31-2023 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
RE: Georgia Southern @ Texas State - Saturday 11/4, 5pm ET - ESPN+
Terrified honestly.

We’ve never once in our history played well in San Marcos and this TXST team is vastly improved. We just won a big game and are poised for a let down. I just don’t have a good gut feeling.
10-31-2023 09:13 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

I Root For: Texas State
Welp, I will continue to bet against my Bobcats because it seems like the smart thing to do unfortunately. I'll take GS and the points. I will happily lose my money though.
10-31-2023 09:59 AM
TroyFootball05 Online
1987 Man of the Year

I Root For: Good Times
Game should be a good old fashioned shootout.
10-31-2023 10:04 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
JCGSU Offline
HAIL SOUTHERN

I Root For: GS EAGLES
(10-31-2023 09:59 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  Welp, I will continue to bet against my Bobcats because it seems like the smart thing to do unfortunately. I'll take GS and the points. I will happily lose my money though.

ON PAPER this should be a straight-up win for GS when comparing the two resumes. TXST like us in 2018 has beat up the really bad teams and has performed badly against any decent team. That was pretty much the entirety of the Lunsford era. We have two quality wins and really outplayed Wisc the entire game, our QB and OC both crapped the bed in the red zone. Our run D has been solid as well and could make TXST more one dimensional. The only head scratcher is the JMU beat down for us. Not saying we should have won but not dominated like that.

IF our QB can contain himself and the turnover battle is within one, I thik GS wins by 10. Games are not played on paper though and our QB and OC do weird stuff sometimes.
10-31-2023 10:48 AM
Bobcat2013 Offline
All American

(10-31-2023 10:48 AM)JCGSU Wrote:  
(10-31-2023 09:59 AM)Bobcat2013 Wrote:  Welp, I will continue to bet against my Bobcats because it seems like the smart thing to do unfortunately. I'll take GS and the points. I will happily lose my money though.

ON PAPER this should be a straight-up win for GS when comparing the two resumes. TXST like us in 2018 has beat up the really bad teams and has performed badly against any decent team. That was pretty much the entirety of the Lunsford era. We have two quality wins and really outplayed Wisc the entire game, our QB and OC both crapped the bed in the red zone. Our run D has been solid as well and could make TXST more one dimensional. The only head scratcher is the JMU beat down for us. Not saying we should have won but not dominated like that.

IF our QB can contain himself and the turnover battle is within one, I thik GS wins by 10. Games are not played on paper though and our QB and OC do weird stuff sometimes.

I wouldn't say we performed BADLY vs "decent" teams. We just couldn't play well enough to win against UTSA and Louisiana but we were close and absolutely imploded against Troy in the 4th.
10-31-2023 10:59 AM
Advertisement

OsageJ Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

I Root For: stAte
This looks like an exciting game coming up. Both teams can be scary.
10-31-2023 11:01 AM
Johnnychimpo Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: TXST, G5, TTU sometimes
Congrats you guys and keep up the good work! GATA remains the only eligible SBC team with an outside shot at NY6. Troy has the better strength of schedule by playing USA and UL in the west instead of the weak teams GATA drew from west but GATA should have a better shot winning out than Troy.

BTW what does GATA stands for? Hopefully something better than SMTT
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023 12:02 PM by Johnnychimpo.)
10-31-2023 11:54 AM
Johnnychimpo Offline
Special Teams

SFA is 3-5 and hung 30 on Troy on the road. TXST scored 6 points in the last 57 minutes at home. That’s all the eagles need to see here.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023 11:58 AM by Johnnychimpo.)
10-31-2023 11:57 AM
TrueBlueDrew Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Jawjuh Suthen
(10-31-2023 11:54 AM)Johnnychimpo Wrote:  Congrats you guys and keep up the good work! GATA remains the only eligible SBC team with an outside shot at NY6. Troy has the better stretch of schedule by playing USA and UL instead of ULM and TXST but GATA should have a better shot winning out than Troy.

BTW what does GATA stands for? Hopefully something better than SMTT

Get After Their @$$
10-31-2023 12:00 PM
ChiefGSU275 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: GS EAGLES!
What does SMTT stand for?
11-01-2023 07:37 AM
Advertisement

All American

(11-01-2023 07:37 AM)ChiefGSU275 Wrote:  What does SMTT stand for?

It's SMTTT (Southern Miss To The Top)

At least that is what I was told.
11-01-2023 07:43 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

I felt good about our odds until GS crushed GSU. Now I'm worried about this game.ending like the Troy one.
11-01-2023 08:27 AM
All American

(11-01-2023 08:27 AM)slycat Wrote:  I felt good about our odds until GS crushed GSU. Now I'm worried about this game.ending like the Troy one.

GS hasn't played well on the road this year (except at Ball St) especially if the opposing fans show up. Given our history of close games at Texas St my gut says this one comes down to who wins the 4th Qtr.
11-01-2023 09:11 AM
Bobcat87 Offline
San Marvelous Cat

I Root For: TXST, A&M, UNT
You can count on us to give you hell for 45 to 50 minutes. After that, it’s anyone’s guess . . ..
11-01-2023 09:12 AM
Johnnychimpo Offline
Special Teams

Cats have only covered the spread once this year without winning the game outright. 3-1 record at home, 2-2 road record.

4-4 against the spread. I’d say TXST needs 42 points at half but that kind of lead barely held against the least competitive team in the conference. I’d say TXST needs 35 points in the 2nd half but that was barely good enough to ward off the worst MWC team.
11-01-2023 09:49 AM
Advertisement

Eagle's Cliff Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ga Southern
I stick by my assessment at season's start that no game on the schedule is a sure win or loss. GS is capable of playing with anyone. 5 TO's @ Wisconsin and Laying a total egg @ JMU are the losses. UAB, ULM, GAST were wins the team tried to give away several times during the game. Whichever team plays the cleanest will win as I don't think either can afford to give the other too many points. GS hasn't been a good road team at all the last 2 seasons so advantage Texas St.
11-01-2023 10:04 AM
slycat Offline
Heisman

All I do know is games against GS are fun and this one should be too. GS is my favorite SBC East team to play.
11-01-2023 10:21 AM
TripleO Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Georgia Souther
Listened to the TX State coach's press conference from yesterday and found it interesting that he stepped in to run the scout team offense at practice for the Bobcats. Coach said he wanted to show his defense just how fast GS QB Brin gets the ball out on pass plays. Coach was a three year starting QB at Tulsa and played five years in the NFL and CFL. Got a bit of a chuckle when he said he still had it. Said Brin had a better arm, but coach has a little more wiggle if he has to run it. GS is back healthy at RB with Jalen White coming off of back to back 100+ yard games, so the running game will come into play. That will force TX State's D to be ready for pretty much anything. The Eagles are very deep at WR and TE so this could be the shoot out that most are predicting.
11-01-2023 09:05 PM
professorbum Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(11-01-2023 09:05 PM)TripleO Wrote:  Listened to the TX State coach's press conference from yesterday and found it interesting that he stepped in to run the scout team offense at practice for the Bobcats. Coach said he wanted to show his defense just how fast GS QB Brin gets the ball out on pass plays. Coach was a three year starting QB at Tulsa and played five years in the NFL and CFL. Got a bit of a chuckle when he said he still had it. Said Brin had a better arm, but coach has a little more wiggle if he has to run it. GS is back healthy at RB with Jalen White coming off of back to back 100+ yard games, so the running game will come into play. That will force TX State's D to be ready for pretty much anything. The Eagles are very deep at WR and TE so this could be the shoot out that most are predicting.

Not sure it will be a shootout on our side. I wish it were. We don’t dial up quick slant routes like we should and we rarely get TEs involved. Instead, we try a few vertical shots, miss, and go back to a run game— the success of which is a testament to Mahte’s talent…since everyone in the stadium knows he’s getting the ball and he racks up the yards anyway.
11-02-2023 12:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.