Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Proud EMU Moment
Bookmark and Share
EMU 83 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Eastern Michigan
Proud EMU Moment
This football season is not unraveling as good as we hoped and some of us are not too optimistic about the upcoming basketball season, but I just went out to run some errands before the Lion's game, and had 97.1 sports radio on in the car. T.J. Lang was interviewing Lion players and Dan Campbell was talking about how disruptive Max Crosby was going to be. Two big NFL successes on one show both from EMU!

Come on! We have a lot to be proud of!
10-30-2023 06:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

I Root For: EMU
RE: Proud EMU Moment
(10-30-2023 06:42 PM)EMU 83 Wrote:  This football season is not unraveling as good as we hoped and some of us are not too optimistic about the upcoming basketball season, but I just went out to run some errands before the Lion's game, and had 97.1 sports radio on in the car. T.J. Lang was interviewing Lion players and Dan Campbell was talking about how disruptive Max Crosby was going to be. Two big NFL successes on one show both from EMU!

Agree!
10-30-2023 06:45 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

Thanks for sharing this perspective, ‘83! EMU has lots to be proud of and definitely including the success of TJ Lang and Max Crosby. Each have been selected to the pro bowl multiple times. And Crosby is just playing at another level altogether.

I missed the beginning of the game (pumpkin carving with my daughter). But my wife told me they did some kind of story on Maxx Crosby during the beginning of the game and talked about how he went to Eastern Michigan. That is some nice national press for our beloved alma mater!!!
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023 10:09 PM by RamyEMU.)
10-30-2023 10:08 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(10-30-2023 06:42 PM)EMU 83 Wrote:  This football season is not unraveling as good as we hoped and some of us are not too optimistic about the upcoming basketball season, but I just went out to run some errands before the Lion's game, and had 97.1 sports radio on in the car. T.J. Lang was interviewing Lion players and Dan Campbell was talking about how disruptive Max Crosby was going to be. Two big NFL successes on one show both from EMU!

Maxx Crosby is a freakin' beast. I was wrong about Maxx and gladly so. He is playing like a man possessed and if he stays healthy, he could go down as an all time great. I love that he remembers where he comes from too. Pure class. Maxx Crosby, I will never doubt you again, stay healthy, cheers! 04-cheers
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023 06:15 AM by Bob Wickersham.)
10-31-2023 05:49 AM
emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
(10-31-2023 05:49 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Maxx Crosby in a freakin' beast. I was wrong about Maxx and gladly so. He is playing like a man possessed and if he stays healthy, he could go down as an all time great. I love that he remembers where he comes from too. Pure class. Maxx Crosby, I will never doubt you again, stay healthy, cheers! 04-cheers

Thank you.Bandwagon Bob. Youre a bit late to the party byvseveral years. Glad you saw the light.
10-31-2023 06:01 AM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2023 06:01 AM)emu79 Wrote:  
(10-31-2023 05:49 AM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Maxx Crosby in a freakin' beast. I was wrong about Maxx and gladly so. He is playing like a man possessed and if he stays healthy, he could go down as an all time great. I love that he remembers where he comes from too. Pure class. Maxx Crosby, I will never doubt you again, stay healthy, cheers! 04-cheers

Thank you.Bandwagon Bob. Youre a bit late to the party byvseveral years. Glad you saw the light.
Such a childish comment. Do you feel better as an adult taking the low road? Can't we all just enjoy the success of an EMU alum?
10-31-2023 06:14 AM
Advertisement

Ken Barna Offline
All American

Dear Bob,
There is some truth to what emu79 was saying. By that, I mean the fact that you have not given Maxx his due in former posts. Now that is your opinion, and you are entitled to think and say as you wish.
However, when national broadcasters, newspaper media, and just about anyone who has seen Maxx play, disagree with some of your comments, well?
10-31-2023 10:48 AM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

Crosby has much love and respect for Eastern Michigan University:

https://www.mlive.com/lions/2023/10/raid...utType=amp
10-31-2023 10:53 AM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(10-31-2023 10:48 AM)Ken Barna Wrote:  Dear Bob,
There is some truth to what emu79 was saying. By that, I mean the fact that you have not given Maxx his due in former posts. Now that is your opinion, and you are entitled to think and say as you wish.
However, when national broadcasters, newspaper media, and just about anyone who has seen Maxx play, disagree with some of your comments, well?

Ken,
I think MANY of us on this forum get “locked in” on our point of views and over engaged in debate on here. (Although, come to think of it, I don’t recall that characteristic of you- you are pretty flexible). When BobW made his original assessments, he probably hung onto them a lot longer than one would expect- as many on here do, myself included. And now ‘79 wants to rub his nose in it- as many on here do as well, myself included.

Reality is, none of us know what we are talking about, and often wrong about a lot of things. I applaud BobW for acknowledging his previously inaccurate assessment. Most on here also belabor inaccurate assessments far too long, but they just remain silent once proven wrong. So BobW’s taking ownership, course-correcting, whatever, is something more of us on this forum should do, imo.

Regardless, welcome to the Maxx Crosby club, BobW. You will enjoy it, the guy is crazy good!!
10-31-2023 01:21 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2023 01:21 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  

Ken,
I think MANY of us on this forum get “locked in” on our point of views and over engaged in debate on here. (Although, come to think of it, I don’t recall that characteristic of you- you are pretty flexible). When BobW made his original assessments, he probably hung onto them a lot longer than one would expect- as many on here do, myself included. And now ‘79 wants to rub his nose in it- as many on here do as well, myself included.

Reality is, none of us know what we are talking about, and often wrong about a lot of things. I applaud BobW for acknowledging his previously inaccurate assessment. Most on here also belabor inaccurate assessments far too long, but they just remain silent once proven wrong. So BobW’s taking ownership, course-correcting, whatever, is something more of us on this forum should do, imo.

Regardless, welcome to the Maxx Crosby club, BobW. You will enjoy it, the guy is crazy good!!

Ramy, I certainly hope you are excluding me when you stated “Reality is, none of us know what we are talking about,…”

I think we can all agree on that lol
10-31-2023 01:42 PM
EagleTough Offline
All American

(10-30-2023 06:45 PM)Jerry Weaver Wrote:  

Agree!

To all the diehards......and to EMU football! 04-cheers

A part of me was hoping the Lions might actually pull the trigger.
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2023 02:42 PM by EagleTough.)
10-31-2023 02:41 PM
Advertisement

RamyEMU Offline
All American

(10-31-2023 01:42 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

Ken,

Ramy, I certainly hope you are excluding me when you stated “Reality is, none of us know what we are talking about,…”

Look Luckey, you are the one who called it on Noah Farrakhan back in 2021 based solely on a preseason practice… and it turned out so true. You are INDEED the master of being RIGHT!!! You can never be wrong in my opinion. LOL
10-31-2023 02:55 PM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
(10-31-2023 02:41 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

Agree!

Me, too.
10-31-2023 03:47 PM
Luckeyone Offline
Heisman

(10-31-2023 02:55 PM)RamyEMU Wrote:  
(10-31-2023 01:42 PM)Luckeyone Wrote:  

Ken,

Look Luckey, you are the one who called it on Noah Farrakhan back in 2021 based solely on a preseason practice… and it turned out so true. You are INDEED the master of being RIGHT!!! You can never be wrong in my opinion. LOL

LOL….we need more humor in this world! :-)
10-31-2023 03:59 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-31-2023 02:41 PM)EagleTough Wrote:  

Agree!

ALL of me was hoping the Lions would pull that trigger!

Your son is an absolute horse! A great human being as well.
10-31-2023 05:12 PM
Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

Ken,

Ramy, in my opinion, you are the #1 poster here. I wish we could all be as rational and nice as you, myself included.
10-31-2023 06:01 PM
Advertisement

Bob Wickersham Offline
Heisman

I know Ken. I was wrong.
10-31-2023 06:05 PM
EMUGLORYDAYSthe90's Offline
1st String

I Root For: E MICH
(10-31-2023 06:01 PM)Bob Wickersham Wrote:  

Ken,

Ramy, in my opinion, you are the #1 poster here. I wish we could all be as rational and nice as you, myself included.
BobW, I concur with you. Ramy is EMU through and through! He's a nice guy, but wait we were the only three that supported #21 as well!
10-31-2023 06:43 PM
Jerry Weaver Offline
All American

(10-31-2023 06:43 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  

Ken,

BobW, I concur with you. Ramy is EMU through and through! He's a nice guy, but wait we were the only three that supported #21 as well!

You guys are admittedly the "three Amigos" with respect to #21 and many other spurious issues as well.

Number 21 did not spend four years at EMU, nor did he expend Maxx Crosby's effort while there, or for that matter make legitimate contributions to the program's success. That is logically undeniable. Good ole "one and done" TWENTY ONE joined a team that had ten victories the prior season and descended them to just EIGHT! Maxx did leave a year early but unlike his All-Mac partner, Mike Dianna at CMU, he did not transfer to U-M for his last year and identify his school as such. He is EMU solidly and a builder of the program's resurgence. I simply cannot say ANYTHING near the same about Emoni.

That said, you THREE AMIGOS may be correct! When I see Emoni Bates cut a check for $1M to EMU, I will indeed apologize, but hardly holding my breath for that to happen. To date, however, I see Crosby making tributes to EMU, while Emoni claims that while in Ypsilanti "he lost his love for basketball". Please don't mention Maxx and Emoni in the same breath, #21 does not in any way deserve that to date.
10-31-2023 07:32 PM
RamyEMU Offline
All American

(10-31-2023 06:43 PM)EMUGLORYDAYSthe90s Wrote:  

Ken,

I appreciate the kind words, Guys!! It really means a lot. Coming of age in Ypsilanti makes some fine men of us all. What a great alma mater we have.
10-31-2023 09:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.