Mike Elko --> TAMU
Jeff Traylor (UTSA)
Sean Lewis --> SDSU
Jon Sumrall (Troy)
Jeff Lebby (Okla.) --> Miss. St.
Chris Creighton
Mike Gundy
Lance Leipold
(This post was last modified: 01-15-2024 11:33 PM by Ohio Poly.)
10-27-2023 01:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Hokie4Skins Offline
All American

I Root For: Ed O'Bannon
RE: CS&CR 2023 Football Coaching Carousel
Is Neal Brown really safe?
10-27-2023 06:40 AM
Just Joe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bama
Jimbo's an interesting prediction. The Aggies practically built him a statue for going 8-4 and beating Alabama once, not to mention that huge guaranteed contract extension. They really are a participation trophy school as opposed to one that truly competes for titles most years. Unless the wheels fall off this year, he's safe.
10-27-2023 10:04 AM
DavidSt Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
Avalos's seat at Boise State is very hot right now.
10-27-2023 02:14 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
This has gotta be Jason Candle's last year in the MAC. This will be his 3rd MAC CHampionship, Toledo regularly putting up 9 win seasons.
10-27-2023 03:37 PM
GoldenWarrior11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marquette, BE
Wonder if Dan Mullen would be a candidate for Syracuse. He was a GA there back in the day.

I could see Bryan Harsin easily back at Boise State.
10-27-2023 03:43 PM
Advertisement

Ohio Poly Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio Poly
(10-27-2023 06:40 AM)Hokie4Skins Wrote:  Is Neal Brown really safe?

yes. wvu is on the up..
10-30-2023 02:01 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(10-27-2023 10:04 AM)Just Joe Wrote:  Jimbo's an interesting prediction. The Aggies practically built him a statue for going 8-4 and beating Alabama once, not to mention that huge guaranteed contract extension. They really are a participation trophy school as opposed to one that truly competes for titles most years. Unless the wheels fall off this year, he's safe.

Congratulations, you're 1-1 against teams in Texas this year, after beating us both by a total of 3 points last year. Tick tock, Saban is 70 and Father Time is Undefeated.

Jimbo isn't safe, but he's probably not getting fired unless he manages to pull out another losing season or 2. As it is now, we'd be better off spending that money on NIL rather than paying him off. Long term? All bets are off, either he wins and gets an actual Statue or he doesn't and he turns into a poor man's Kevin Sumlin.

As for Harbaugh, is that a joke? If he was 22-16 like Tucker was and had a $95m contract, ok, maybe I could see it. However, he's beaten tOSU 2 years in a row and very nearly made the Championship Game last year. He's not going to be forced to leave unless he pisses off someone far more important and powerful than Jim Stapleton. Tucker looked like a creep for what he did at MSU, Harbaugh looks like a guy who just barely dipped his toe across the line at Michigan in the pursuit of on-field excellence.

And what about Napier? He's 11-10 over his first 2 years, including 5-3 this year. Jimbo is 10-10 over the past 2 years, including 5-3 this year. Jimbo has an incredibly difficult contract for us to get out of, we'd owe him $77m if he was fired during or after this season, while Napier has a comparatively modest contract that will only have about $37m left on it after this season. Also, UF would only have to pay 85% of that (.85 x $37m = $31.45m) if they fired him during or after this season. He's had the worst start to a tenure of any UF coach since 1980. If people want to say that A&M is so well off that we can afford to pay 2.5x what UF would pay to replace a coach...ok, I mean, I appreciate the compliment, but it's not reasonable. UF has the same resources we do, the same very wealthy and very nutty alumni, and the same ability to replace a coach who isn't getting the job done.
(This post was last modified: 10-30-2023 04:51 PM by bryanw1995.)
10-30-2023 04:38 PM
Just Joe Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bama
(10-30-2023 04:38 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  
(10-27-2023 10:04 AM)Just Joe Wrote:  Jimbo's an interesting prediction. The Aggies practically built him a statue for going 8-4 and beating Alabama once, not to mention that huge guaranteed contract extension. They really are a participation trophy school as opposed to one that truly competes for titles most years. Unless the wheels fall off this year, he's safe.

Congratulations, you're 1-1 against teams in Texas this year, after beating us both by a total of 3 points last year. Tick tock, Saban is 70 and Father Time is Undefeated.

Jimbo isn't safe, but he's probably not getting fired unless he manages to pull out another losing season or 2. As it is now, we'd be better off spending that money on NIL rather than paying him off. Long term? All bets are off, either he wins and gets an actual Statue or he doesn't and he turns into a poor man's Kevin Sumlin.

As for Harbaugh, is that a joke? If he was 22-16 like Tucker was and had a $95m contract, ok, maybe I could see it. However, he's beaten tOSU 2 years in a row and very nearly made the Championship Game last year. He's not going to be forced to leave unless he pisses off someone far more important and powerful than Jim Stapleton. Tucker looked like a creep for what he did at MSU, Harbaugh looks like a guy who just barely dipped his toe across the line at Michigan in the pursuit of on-field excellence.

Aggies joining the conference was great because it further opened Texas up for SEC recruiting. You were mediocre in the Big 12 as opposed to being any sort of power and you've been mediocre in the SEC. Last Aggie division or conference title was in 1998. Really the only sustained winning run was in the dying days of the SWC under two coaches (Sherrill & RC). And FWIW I liked RC and believe that ironically the extended mediocrity of the last 20 years can be traced back to his firing and you stealing Bama's overrated HC. As far as results, you look a lot more like Tech than Texas, much less Alabama.
10-30-2023 04:52 PM
joeben69 Offline
1st String

I Root For: sdsu, ucsd, usd
2023 Hot Seat Rankings: Heat stays on Tom Allen, Jimbo Fisher as Jim Harbaugh, Sam Pittman, Brady Hoke rise
https://www.cbssports.com/college-footba...hoke-rise/

Bryce Miller: Football coach Brady Hoke faces criticism about direction of Aztecs’ program
https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/spo...brady-hoke

Brady Hoke Hot Seat: 5 Candidates For San Diego State Football’s Head Coach Replacement
https://herosports.com/fbs-brady-hoke-ho...ment-cpcp/
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2023 02:03 AM by joeben69.)
11-04-2023 01:59 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
Really surprised Hoke is struggling in San Diego. I remember his first go around in 2009 and 2010 while I lived in SoCal. You saw Aztec gear everywhere. It seemed everyone was an Aztec fan, including me.

Don’t know what happened but I would hate to see Hoke lose his job. I would like to see him get 1 more year.
11-04-2023 06:40 AM
Advertisement

AssKickingChicken Online
1st String

I Root For: Jax State
(11-04-2023 06:40 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Really surprised Hoke is struggling in San Diego. I remember his first go around in 2009 and 2010 while I lived in SoCal. You saw Aztec gear everywhere. It seemed everyone was an Aztec fan, including me.

Don’t know what happened but I would hate to see Hoke lose his job. I would like to see him get 1 more year.

A bunch of people suddenly became Aztec fans because they went 9-4 one season?

He has a career record of 104-89. He’s a mediocre head coach.
11-04-2023 07:07 AM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
(11-04-2023 07:07 AM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  
(11-04-2023 06:40 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Really surprised Hoke is struggling in San Diego. I remember his first go around in 2009 and 2010 while I lived in SoCal. You saw Aztec gear everywhere. It seemed everyone was an Aztec fan, including me.

You would have to live in SoCal to understand. When it comes to college football everything is SC there. San Diego State was / still is the upstart looking for an opportunity to compete with The PAC.

If a college football fan doesn’t appreciate G5 programs who bust their backsides to compete with the P5 money conferences, I doubt you would understand.

Louisville fans, like TCU, Utah, WVU, Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston faithful understand fighting for recognition and a system purposely put together to keep them from competing.

Personally I like seeing programs like Memphis, USF, ECU, and SDSU win despite the obstacles put in front of them.
11-04-2023 08:19 AM
AssKickingChicken Online
1st String

I’m a fan of a G5 school and I live in Alabama. So I certainly understand the struggles schools that don’t start with an A have here.

I just question how popular they suddenly became for having one good season with their biggest win being over Air Force.

He seems to have one good season in every one of his stops with a bunch of average to bad seasons otherwise. He’s already had one good season this time around so they should probably get rid of him now.

And I don’t hate to see any FBS head coach lose his job. He should have enough money to survive.
11-04-2023 10:21 AM
unalions Offline
1st String

I Root For: UNA & Bama
Candidate: Rich Rod (maybe to replace Beamer at South Carolina?)
11-04-2023 01:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Aztecgolfer Offline
1st String

I Root For: San Diego State
(11-04-2023 10:21 AM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  I’m a fan of a G5 school and I live in Alabama. So I certainly understand the struggles schools that don’t start with an A have here.

I just question how popular they suddenly became for having one good season with their biggest win being over Air Force.

He seems to have one good season in every one of his stops with a bunch of average to bad seasons otherwise. He’s already had one good season this time around so they should probably get rid of him now.

And I don’t hate to see any FBS head coach lose his job. He should have enough money to survive.

It was after decades of really "meh" teams. But, Hoke had Rocky Long as his DC and a better offensive staff than he has now. Many here are questioning his energy in this go around, openly asking if he isn't retiring while still coaching. I would be fine with firing him if they can lure a good quality HC and assistance while buying out his contract.
11-04-2023 02:32 PM
Advertisement

Love and Honor Offline
Skipper

I Root For: Miami, MACtion
IU upsets Wisconsin with a few winnable games left in the season. Allen might have gotten bought out if they lost out to go 2-10, but if they finish 4-8 or whatever they’ll probably keep him around.
11-04-2023 02:33 PM
whittx Offline
All American

I Root For: FSU, Bport,Corn
(11-04-2023 08:19 AM)CardinalJim Wrote:  
(11-04-2023 07:07 AM)AssKickingChicken Wrote:  

You would have to live in SoCal to understand. When it comes to college football everything is SC there. San Diego State was / still is the upstart looking for an opportunity to compete with The PAC.

If a college football fan doesn’t appreciate G5 programs who bust their backsides to compete with the P5 money conferences, I doubt you would understand.

Louisville fans, like TCU, Utah, WVU, Cincinnati, UCF, and Houston faithful understand fighting for recognition and a system purposely put together to keep them from competing.

Personally I like seeing programs like Memphis, USF, ECU, and SDSU win despite the obstacles put in front of them.

Take out WVU. They have always been the "Big State U" of West Virginia. Marshall is the scrappy underdog winning despite the obstacles
11-04-2023 02:55 PM
Crayton Online
All American

I Root For: Florida
I don’t follow this side of the sport. Is Napier safe? Seems a nice guy.
11-04-2023 03:05 PM
AssKickingChicken Online
1st String

(11-04-2023 03:05 PM)Crayton Wrote:  I don’t follow this side of the sport. Is Napier safe? Seems a nice guy.

Less safe than he was this morning.
11-04-2023 03:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.