Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Blue Gerrymandering is ok
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW
Blue Gerrymandering is ok
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023 12:31 PM by solohawks.)
10-06-2023 12:30 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Eagleyed Offline
1st String

I Root For: USM
RE: Blue Gerrymandering is ok
The Maryland districts that make sure republicans don't get a seat there is honestly way worse. Districts that look more like spaghetti splatter.

[Image: mary_gerry2.png]

Even the Washington Post which is usually on the left of things called it liberal Gerrymandering.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023 03:32 PM by Eagleyed.)
10-06-2023 03:31 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
New Mexico looks like fair gerrymandering.

The one the courts designed for Alabama was worse. But that was Roberts and Kavanaugh thinking you should have proportional representation for Blacks. A 51% and 40% Black district was not good enough. They did 51% and 48%, split Mobile and stretched two districts across the state so a 27% minority can control 28% of the districts.
10-06-2023 03:39 PM
Advertisement

Native Georgian Offline
Legend

I Root For: TULANE+GA.STATE
Just at a glance, the New Mexico map doesn’t look that bad to me. And I thought Maryland map got struck down, anyway.

Mixed feelings about the Alabama situation. The map they used in last year’s elections was fair, imho. And the Supreme Court decision was a very lame attempt to appease the Democrats, right before the Harvard/UNC case, which they (the Supreme Court Justices) knew was going to send Democrats over the edge. Doubly ironic because Chief Justice John Roberts has basically devoted 40 years of his life to arguing against the type of racial-redistricting that the Supreme Court has now imposed on Alabama. And this was done with the full support and blessing of… Chief Justice John Roberts, LOL

At the same time, the new Alabama map isn’t really that bad, after all. Mobile has never been split up before, but on the other hand Montgomery was split before, and now it’s unified again. The districts have a distinct geographic core that voters and office-seekers can understand. Whatever.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023 03:55 PM by Native Georgian.)
10-06-2023 03:54 PM
solohawks Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UNCW

Just remember this next year when NC is back in the news for GOP gerrymandering saving the GOP house majority
10-06-2023 04:00 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(10-06-2023 03:54 PM)Native Georgian Wrote:  Just at a glance, the New Mexico map doesn’t look that bad to me. And I thought Maryland map got struck down, anyway.

Mixed feelings about the Alabama situation. The map they used in last year’s elections was fair, imho. And the Supreme Court decision was a very lame attempt to appease the Democrats, right before the Harvard/UNC case, which they (the Supreme Court Justices) knew was going to send Democrats over the edge. Doubly ironic because Chief Justice John Roberts has basically devoted 40 years of his life to arguing against the type of racial-redistricting that the Supreme Court has now imposed on Alabama. And this was done with the full support and blessing of… Chief Justice John Roberts, LOL

At the same time, the new Alabama map isn’t really that bad, after all. Mobile has never been split up before, but on the other hand Montgomery was split before, and now it’s unified again. The districts have a distinct geographic core that voters and office-seekers can understand. Whatever.

The NM 2nd District went from +12R to +4D when it was redrawn. Plus Wuhan Lujan and State Legislative dems lied about the process. Until 2020, the congressional districts had been drawn by the State Supreme Court. For 2020 a committee was used to select the map. The committee received several maps to consider, several from local special interest groups. A map was selected by the committee. 3 legislative dems drew their own map and never submitted it to the committee. That is the map that Wujan Lujan approved. The state is also being sued by some of the local special interest groups for how they redrew the legislative map at the state level. These special interest groups are mostly democrat.

NM congressional districts before the change:
[Image: New-mexico-congressional-map-2010.gif]

After:
[Image: efa511e3-49c8-4b89-a8b8-b8b7d89d15cc-Scr....20-PM.png]
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023 04:11 PM by CrimsonPhantom.)
10-06-2023 04:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.