Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

DeAndre Williams Status
Bookmark and Share
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
DeAndre Williams Status
According to this he’s been ruled ineligible. Might be old news. But I don’t see it being discussed anywhere.

https://bluffcitymedia.co/deandre-willia...formation/
10-06-2023 09:13 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

aardWolf Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
RE: DeAndre Williams Status
It is old news. It was denied months ago. It's the appeal that they're waiting to hear back on.
10-06-2023 09:20 AM
MemTigers1998 Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
They’ve appealed. Will be interesting to see the NCAA’s justification when they deny that since they just caved to the pressure and changed their ruling on the WR at UNC. I’m fairly certain they will deny Deandre but won’t just come out and say “because he plays for Memphis”

Flip flopping, 2 faced, corrupt organization that plays favorites among schools.
10-06-2023 09:22 AM
Tigx Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Sanity
(10-06-2023 09:13 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  According to this he’s been ruled ineligible. Might be old news. But I don’t see it being discussed anywhere.

The NCAA approved Tez Walker yesterday after initially denying him. This is the case that Mack Brown wents nuts about last month. https://greensboro.com/unc-wide-receiver...96df4.html

NCAA blamed North Carolina for the delay:

"It is unfortunate that UNC failed to provide this important information previously," NCAA President Charlie Baker and Division I Board of directors chair Jere Morehead said in a joint statement."

The NCAA also criticized the Tar Heels' behavior and "decision to wage a public relations campaign," calling it "inappropriate and outside the bounds of the process UNC's own staff supported."

"Had the UNC staff not behaved in this fashion and submitted this information weeks ago, this entire unfortunate episode could have been avoided," the statement continued.
10-06-2023 09:26 AM
BIGDTiger Offline
AKA The Big Shizzle

I Root For: Me
(10-06-2023 09:20 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  It is old news. It was denied months ago. It's the appeal that they're waiting to hear back on.

Man if he gets approved this season has a shot at being big.
10-06-2023 09:30 AM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles
(10-06-2023 09:30 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  
(10-06-2023 09:20 AM)aardWolf Wrote:  It is old news. It was denied months ago. It's the appeal that they're waiting to hear back on.

With or without him, I believe this season has a shot at being big. We're stacked this year.
10-06-2023 10:38 AM
Advertisement

ModsPleaseHelp Online
Water Engineer

I Root For: Tigers
If you think that Memphis will get the same consideration from the NCAA that UNC got, then I want to interest you in some beach front property in Arizona.
10-06-2023 10:40 AM
CKMcDan Offline
1st String

I Root For:
I would think the NCAA would be out to get UNC as well, since they bullied the NCAA into backing down on the bogus classes that their athletes were taking.
The NCAA backing down again on UNC's appeal may be a good omen for Williams.
10-06-2023 10:55 AM
msu35 Offline
Observing Reality

I Root For: Truffles
(10-06-2023 10:55 AM)CKMcDan Wrote:  I would think the NCAA would be out to get UNC as well, since they bullied the NCAA into backing down on the bogus classes that their athletes were taking.

That's a very fair point. I know that Deandre's attorney has applied for an appeal with new documentation. Hopefully it will make the difference.
10-06-2023 11:05 AM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(10-06-2023 10:55 AM)CKMcDan Wrote:  I would think the NCAA would be out to get UNC as well, since they bullied the NCAA into backing down on the bogus classes that their athletes were taking.

The classes were open to every student on campus, so no special treatment and no violation.

You've got to get over your paranoia and twisting the facts to fit that paranoia.
10-06-2023 11:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
micman Offline
1st String

I Root For: Memphis/GT

well, he is 6-9.
10-06-2023 11:11 AM
Advertisement

presskh Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis

Agree.
10-06-2023 11:21 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(10-06-2023 11:11 AM)ncrdbl1 Wrote:  

The classes were open to every student on campus, so no special treatment and no violation.

You've got to get over your paranoia and twisting the facts to fit that paranoia.

Smh
10-06-2023 11:48 AM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(10-06-2023 09:26 AM)Tigx Wrote:  
(10-06-2023 09:13 AM)BIGDTiger Wrote:  According to this he’s been ruled ineligible. Might be old news. But I don’t see it being discussed anywhere.

The NCAA approved Tez Walker yesterday after initially denying him. This is the case that Mack Brown wents nuts about last month. https://greensboro.com/unc-wide-receiver...96df4.html

"It is unfortunate that UNC failed to provide this important information previously," NCAA President Charlie Baker and Division I Board of directors chair Jere Morehead said in a joint statement."

The NCAA also criticized the Tar Heels' behavior and "decision to wage a public relations campaign," calling it "inappropriate and outside the bounds of the process UNC's own staff supported."

"Had the UNC staff not behaved in this fashion and submitted this information weeks ago, this entire unfortunate episode could have been avoided," the statement continued.

Let’s see how that works for us since we haven’t commented publicly
10-06-2023 11:49 AM
tigerjoe67 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: The Tigers
One of the best lines ever about the NCAA was from Jerry Tarkanian.
"The NCAA is really upset at Kentucky for recruiting violations, so they are putting Cleveland St. on probation."
10-06-2023 12:16 PM
EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation
(10-06-2023 09:26 AM)Tigx Wrote:  

passing the buck to save face
10-06-2023 01:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EarthBoundMisfit Offline
Tongue tied and twisted

I Root For: CardiacAblation

everyone knows that that whole thing was bs.
Just because it was legal on a technicality didn't make it right. And they want to lecture other universities over 'academics'. Them and USC kind of ruined that argument for everyone else for me.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023 01:41 PM by EarthBoundMisfit.)
10-06-2023 01:41 PM
ncrdbl1 Offline
Legend

(10-06-2023 01:41 PM)EarthBoundMisfit Wrote:  

everyone knows that that whole thing was bs.
Just because it was legal on a technicality didn't make it right. And they want to lecture other universities over 'academics'. Them and USC kind of ruined that argument for everyone else for me.

Of course they were bogus classes.

But by the letter of the rules they were legal.

NCAA didn't back down, they were limited as to what they could do because the classes fit with in the rules.
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2023 01:51 PM by ncrdbl1.)
10-06-2023 01:47 PM
Atlanta Offline
Hall of Famer

(10-06-2023 10:38 AM)msu35 Wrote:  

With or without him, I believe this season has a shot at being big. We're stacked this year.

Got to agree. If we use DeAndre's ineligibility as an excuse for not having a great season, it's just that- an excuse. We've got plenty of very good talent in this roster.
10-07-2023 05:52 AM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators

The NCAA was spooked by the potential of a lawsuit and hence they spun the canard that UNC failed to provide proper paperwork.

I think DeAndre Williams and his lawyer should strongly consider now threatening the NCAA with a legal remedy, assuming his case is as strong as reported. The NCAA might suddenly see the error of their ways and repent from their machinations, lol.
10-07-2023 08:03 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.