WMU Broncos

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Texas football = high dollar
okgc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: WMU
Texas football = high dollar
$100 million stadium

A Texas school district is proposing the most expensive high school stadium in the country - Footballscoop

https://footballscoop.com/news/a-texas-s...he-country
09-27-2023 05:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ColinApocalypse Offline

RE: Texas football = high dollar
Think what they could do academically with that kind of money. I love football as much as the next guy, but I wish our country focused more on learning than on distraction through sport. Feels like we're entering our own bread and circuses era.
09-27-2023 08:10 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

What a huge waste of money.
09-27-2023 09:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Dirty Ernie Offline
Heisman

Some districts are very large.

There is this thing if the residents of the district are uniformly wealthy and you have a couple thousand millionaire grand parents, builders whipping up 5-10 million dollar homes, and you are hip to tax breaks with municipal bonds and tax write offs and all that kind of thing, something like this can manifest itself. And the cheer parents and band kids and all that. It’s a thing.

Now the town fathers are promoting themselves to big time real estate firms, if they want the best, bring them here. And yeah we got a slick industrial park too, and good jobs for the top players family as well.

Meanwhile all us regular people get to vote on a new roof for the middle school and a fresh boiler for lower el.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023 01:01 PM by Dirty Ernie.)
09-27-2023 12:59 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
HS Football (and athletics in general) is a REALLY big deal in Texas.

Have you not seen or read "Friday Night Lights"?

And it's been that way for a long time.
09-27-2023 01:13 PM
Advertisement

bronco89 Offline
Special Teams

Have any of you seen the new West Ottawa football and soccer complex over in Holland? Darn impressive at a $15-20 million price tag. I can’t imaging what a $100m high school complex would look like.
(This post was last modified: 09-27-2023 01:22 PM by bronco89.)
09-27-2023 01:20 PM
MajorHoople Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU Broncos
It's not the first HS stadium like this in TX, this school system is just going to make it the biggest.

Not unlike college stadiums that try to have the biggest capacity (Michigan, Ohio State, Penn State, LSU, Texas A&M etc.)
09-27-2023 01:33 PM
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(09-27-2023 08:10 AM)ColinApocalypse Wrote:  Think what they could do academically with that kind of money. I love football as much as the next guy, but I wish our country focused more on learning than on distraction through sport. Feels like we're entering our own bread and circuses era.

It’s only 3.5% of their total bond so they should have plenty of cash for academics. 2.8 billion bond is insane!
09-27-2023 03:17 PM
Charm City Bronco Offline
Fights for Justice

(09-27-2023 03:17 PM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  It’s only 3.5% of their total bond so they should have plenty of cash for academics. 2.8 billion bond is insane!

Just more money to be spent on a larger bonfire for the book burning.
09-27-2023 06:35 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GRBRONCO Offline
1st String

(09-27-2023 06:35 PM)Charm City Bronco Wrote:  
(09-27-2023 03:17 PM)GRBRONCO Wrote:  It’s only 3.5% of their total bond so they should have plenty of cash for academics. 2.8 billion bond is insane!

Just more money to be spent on a larger bonfire for the book burning.

You should really only stick to the horse $**** section
09-27-2023 07:26 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(09-27-2023 01:20 PM)bronco89 Wrote:  Have any of you seen the new West Ottawa football and soccer complex over in Holland? Darn impressive at a $15-20 million price tag. I can’t imaging what a $100m high school complex would look like.

Just had a game over there. I was pretty shocked before when they told parents to please stay in the lower deck... We warmed up on the soccer field, which has a jumbotron.
09-30-2023 06:40 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.