Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

LL Jay Cool J
green Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Miami
LL Jay Cool J
Quote:President Joe Biden referred to legendary rapper LL Cool J as a 'boy' after mispronouncing his name at the Congressional Black Caucus on Saturday night in yet another butchered speech.

LL Cool J and MC Lyte received Phoenix Awards for their musical contributions at the annual ceremony in Washington DC.

While on stage, Biden, 80, said: 'Two of the great artists of our time representing ground-breaking legacy of hip hop in America, LL Jay Cool J, uhhh...' - as the audience laughed at his latest gaffe over the rapper's name.

Biden then added: 'By the way that boy - that man's got biceps bigger than my thighs.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...peech.html

HIP TO BE SQUARE
09-24-2023 09:09 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
RE: LL Jay Cool J
(09-24-2023 09:09 AM)green Wrote:  
Quote:President Joe Biden referred to legendary rapper LL Cool J as a 'boy' after mispronouncing his name at the Congressional Black Caucus on Saturday night in yet another butchered speech.

LL Cool J and MC Lyte received Phoenix Awards for their musical contributions at the annual ceremony in Washington DC.

While on stage, Biden, 80, said: 'Two of the great artists of our time representing ground-breaking legacy of hip hop in America, LL Jay Cool J, uhhh...' - as the audience laughed at his latest gaffe over the rapper's name.

Biden then added: 'By the way that boy - that man's got biceps bigger than my thighs.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...peech.html

HIP TO BE SQUARE

Biden: 'If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black'
09-24-2023 09:27 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
And LL Jay Cool J is also in the "Rock and Roll" HofF. Whatever that is.
09-24-2023 09:43 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Did he thank them for stocking the shelves at his walmart???
09-25-2023 09:04 AM
Advertisement

Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(09-25-2023 09:04 AM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  Did he thank them for stocking the shelves at his walmart???

because they aren't Indian? If so they'd be at the corner gas station

(don't any moron start... that is referencing another of his gaffes)
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023 12:05 PM by Hambone10.)
09-25-2023 12:04 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden Botches LL Cool J's Name, Calls Him 'Boy' at Congressional Black Caucus Event

Quote:Joe Biden made a pretty big mistake the other day when he was speaking to the Congressional Hispanic Caucus but then commented about the Congressional Black Caucus, as though he had completely forgotten who he was appearing before. No, Joe, they aren't the same.

But just in case, he didn't leave being insulting and weird to speaking before the Congressional Hispanic Caucus. When he did speak before a Congressional Black Caucus event on Saturday night, he said some things that may not have gone over so well either.

Biden spoke at the CBC's 52nd Annual Legislative Conference. He told some of his typical falsehoods about the economy. He again appeared to be slurring his words when he talked about how he and Kamala Harris wanted to "fundamentally transform" the economy.

"Kamala and I came into office determined to transform how the economy works — change the way it literally functions!" Biden said. He tripped over and slurred the word "transform. "

They certainly did that, helping to bring on the worst inflation in more than 40 years.

Biden also spoke about needing to get that word out about what they had done. That would hurt them more than help. But he indeed seemed to buy into the Biden team propaganda that the American people just don't know about all his great work.

No, Joe. The people know what you've done. That's why they don't want you.

Imagine telling this falsehood about being involved in the civil rights movement before the CBC when it's been debunked multiple times:

He also pandered about picking Kamala as vice president.

But definitely, the worst comments on the night came when Biden started talking about LL Cool J and MC Lyte winning Phoenix Awards for musical contributions. Now, having Biden talk about hip-hop was bound to go wrong, and it did.

“Two of the great artists of our time representing the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America, LL J Cool J, uhhh...” he said, struggling to read the teleprompter and not seeming to understand what he was supposed to be saying.

Biden tried to cover for botching the name...by talking about his biceps and calling him "boy." That was not a good deflection. “By the way, that boy....that man’s got biceps bigger than my thighs,” Biden said.

Yikes. Can't he just stop already? And this isn't even the first time he's called people of color "boy." He recently got into trouble for a racist statement about high school diplomas earlier this month, and the White House appeared to try to cover it up by not reflecting what he said in the official transcript. He's been saying weird, racist things for decades, yet Democrats never seem to want to call him on any of it. And then, once again, the weirdness about men's biceps. When he made the racist comment about diplomas, he also told Gov. Wes Moore, who is black, that his biceps were "too small and not in very good shape." Couple that with the sniffing kids' hair problem, and Joe Biden is just one strange dude.

But this is the guy that Democrats are putting out there for 2024 at this point, no matter how much he embarrasses them.

Link
09-25-2023 02:53 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
Lol

He said “I’m gonna have a smart VP” and then had the stupidest slutbag hore he could find to fill that role 03-lmfao

And they’ve definitely fundamentally changed the economy. Took Trump’s booming one a ran it straight into the toilet

Useless Democrats. Every last one of them
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023 05:53 PM by MemTigers1998.)
09-25-2023 05:52 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Biden has been a racist dumb*** for generations.
09-25-2023 06:02 PM
boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Lots of proof re Biden* talking racist $h1t:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/biden-...gle-quote/

https://www.heritage.org/progressivism/c...st-remarks

Examples from the Heritage article:

In 2007, he referred to Barack Obama as “the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean.

In 2010, he warmly eulogized Sen. Robert Byrd, a former Exalted Cyclops in the Ku Klux Klan, saying he was “one of my mentors” and that “the Senate is a lesser place for his going.”

On Charlamagne Tha God’s popular morning radio show in May 2020, Biden infamously asserted to the largely black audience that if they were unsure of whether to vote for him or Trump, then “you ain’t black!”

His most recent example: "LL J Cool J, uhh, by the way, that boy's got— that man's got biceps bigger than my thighs"

The truth is Biden* simply cannot help showing his TRUE side. He tries to keep his racism hidden but bits and pieces escape his Alzheimer's impacted mind.
(This post was last modified: 09-25-2023 08:41 PM by boss man.)
09-25-2023 08:37 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

(09-25-2023 05:52 PM)MemTigers1998 Wrote:  Lol

He said “I’m gonna have a smart VP” and then had the stupidest slutbag hore he could find to fill that role 03-lmfao

This is precisely what someone who is a racist... who wants to play the 'I'm not a racist, see my black friend' game would do.

By insisting that his VP be a black woman... and then installing someone like Kamala implying that she is quite literally, THE best qualified black woman available... you demean ALL black women... and all but assure 'white America' that it will be a LONG time until you get that 'first black female who is bright and clean' (because Kamala is neither of those things)

I don't keep up with Democratic underlings so I can't tell you whom he should have selected... but I can think of a few black Republican women who would be a credit to their gender and race, even if you don't agree with their policies... and absolutely increase (as opposed to Kamala who decreases) the odds that a black woman is elected President.... Condi Rice, Candace Owen, Winsome Sears. I am sure such women exist on the left though I can't name them because I don't keep up with such things... I just think of 'political people whom I generally respect' and then stop when I reach a black female... and I wouldn't know a whole lot of 'lesser' Democrats. Democrats have done a good job of pigeon-holing black politicians into a few selected 'supporting' roles.

And it is this knowledge that such women exist on the left that is the insult. Kamala isn't a logical thinking public servant who simply has a political perspective that differs from mine... She's a grifter and a fraud.... and apparently in the eyes of Biden and the DNC, she's the BEST black female democrat there is.
09-26-2023 09:39 AM
Advertisement

CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Biden Calling LL Cool J ‘Boy’ Isn’t Going Over Well With Black Americans

Quote:The fallout from President Joe Biden’s latest racially insensitive gaffe continues as he is coming under fire for referring to rapper LL Cool J as “boy” during a speech in front of the Congressional Black Caucus. Regular black Americans and even a popular radio host blasted the president for the comment and referred to the history behind how the term was used to demean black men.

This development couldn’t have come at a worse time for President Biden, who is rapidly losing support among the black electorate.

"Two of the great artists of our time represented the groundbreaking legacy of hip hop in America. LL J Cool J, uhhh…" Biden said during his speech. "By the way, that boy's got – that man's got – biceps bigger than my thighs."

The term “boy” has been used historically to belittle black men and reinforce harmful stereotypes. Many saw this gaffe as a huge misstep – especially in the context of addressing the Congressional Black Caucus. Needless to say, it did not go unnoticed.

On "FOX & Friends First" Monday, a panel of Black voters also weighed in on Biden's remark.

"It's 2023. It's very unacceptable to speak and use that language when referring to my community," Darnesha Weary, owner of Black Coffee Northwest located in Washington State, said. "He should know better by now, so I was very upset about that."

Chris McCullough, a father of three, a small business owner and former Democrat who voted for Biden in 2020, didn't mince words, either.

"I just thought this is just like another example of how Biden truly feels about the Black community. This isn't the first time he's referred to a Black man as a boy, and it's most likely not going to be the last one," he said, referencing previous instances in which Biden used the label, including when addressing Maryland's Democrat Gov. Wes Moore, the state's first Black governor.

Charlamagne tha God, an influential black radio host on “The Breakfast Club,” also chimed in, granting the president the “Donkey of the Day” award.

"A lot of people are upset that Joe Biden referred to LL Cool J as a ‘boy,’ as you can hear he corrected himself on the spot, you know why Joe Biden corrected himself because he’s 137 years old," Charlamagne said. "He fully understands the word ‘boy' in a racial context around a White man referring to a Black man as ‘boy,’ You see, ‘boy’ is absolutely a White racist word when used in a certain context."

However, Charlamagne pivoted to argue that the part of the incident he truly "found egregious" was "the fact that Joe Biden got LL Cool J’s name wrong to begin with."

It was on Charlamagne's show where Biden originally said that black people who aren't sure whether they support him or Trump "ain't black." Others on social media also slammed the president:

Countless social media users piled on in unison.

On X, formerly Twitter, one user said: 'Ohhh god make it stop PLLEASE. He's making a total mockery of this country'.

Another accused him of being an 'ignorant racist Democrat', with someone declaring 'the white supremacy is built into this man'.

'Old habits die hard 'Boy' Not a joke,' one said, as another added: 'Joey loves that word 'boy'. Wonder where he picked that up?'

Others picked up on Biden's slip-up forgetting LL Cool J's name, with one declaring 'dementia is setting in'.

Biden’s gaffe comes at a time when his administration is actively trying to bolster support among young black voters. However, recent polls showed a sharp decline in his approval rating among members of this demographic. A Highland Project poll showed that a whopping 69 percent of millennial and Gen Z black women are dissatisfied with the direction the country is heading. AEI’s Survey Center on American Life showed that only 21 percent of black voters between the ages of 18 and 49 want Biden to be the Democratic nominee for 2024.

Biden making these missteps is certainly not helping his campaign – at least among black voters. But it is also the reality that his policies have not done much to help the black community, despite his pandering to other groups like illegal immigrants and others.

Of course, it is important to note that this does not necessarily mean black voters will swing to Republicans. Most won’t. In fact, if this trend persists, many African Americans will stay home on election day instead of turning out for Democrats in the same numbers they have in the past.
09-26-2023 12:25 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
450bench Offline

I Root For: Memphis
Biden is a moron. An idiot. A corrupt POS. He might be a racist, who knows. BUT his comments or statement isn’t racist at all. It’s just not. He didn’t mean to say BOY in a derogatory way. He just didn’t.

By the left’s ridiculous definition, it is racist, but by any logical, sane individual it isn’t.

The guys a dip$hit but this isn’t racist.
09-26-2023 12:37 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

(09-26-2023 12:37 PM)450bench Wrote:  Biden is a moron. An idiot. A corrupt POS. He might be a racist, who knows. BUT his comments or statement isn’t racist at all. It’s just not. He didn’t mean to say BOY in a derogatory way. He just didn’t.

By the left’s ridiculous definition, it is racist, but by any logical, sane individual it isn’t.

The guys a dip$hit but this isn’t racist.

I don't know... J is 55 years old.... I'd never call a 55 yr old man a 'boy', regardless of the context
09-26-2023 03:22 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.