Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Seriously, UNC and Coach Mac Brown needed humbled
Bookmark and Share
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
But he still got to take a couple parting shots at App. I take this personally as a shot across the bow to all of us not just App...quote...

"All the pressure's on our kids. There's no pressure on App State, because nobody thinks they're going to win the game. But the pressure's on us. And unless we win, we're awful. And it just kills you. So I've had enough.

https://footballscoop.com/news/mack-brow...tate-again
(This post was last modified: 09-11-2023 08:16 PM by rileylives.)
09-11-2023 08:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

EigenEagle Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Ga Southern
RE: Seriously, UNC and Coach Mac Brown needed humbled
Very Mark Hudspeth-esque.

He'll get humbled in the 4 conference games that UNC loses, though.
09-11-2023 08:21 PM
rileylives Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall
I imagine he gave this quote while sipping on a Shiraz...
09-11-2023 08:24 PM
PhillyApp1 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: APP STATE
if the kitchen is too hot.... be a UNCcheater and run
09-11-2023 08:35 PM
ballantyneapp Offline
All American

I Root For: App
(09-11-2023 08:15 PM)rileylives Wrote:  But he still got to take a couple parting shots at App. I take this personally as a shot across the bow to all of us not just App...quote...

"All the pressure's on our kids. There's no pressure on App State, because nobody thinks they're going to win the game. But the pressure's on us. And unless we win, we're awful. And it just kills you. So I've had enough.

Just remember you’re talking about a school that created an entire fake curriculum in order to cheat athletes of a legitimate education so they could practice more to make the coach and ad more money.

They don’t do adversity well.

Im disappointed in Mack though. He had a chance to advocate for App as well as unc to the media but instead chose to whine and punch down
09-11-2023 08:40 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(09-11-2023 08:15 PM)rileylives Wrote:  "All the pressure's on our kids. There's no pressure on App State, because nobody thinks they're going to win the game. But the pressure's on us. And unless we win, we're awful. And it just kills you. So I've had enough.

To be a devils advocate,, don't we say something similar when FCS schools come in swinging with nothing to lose for a chance at FBS scalp..

That said, I hope Mack Brown doesn't gatekeep App from future scheduling. Wasn't he the head coach for App before going P5?
09-11-2023 08:58 PM
Advertisement

AppfanInCAAland Offline
1st String

I Root For: App State
(09-11-2023 08:40 PM)ballantyneapp Wrote:  
(09-11-2023 08:15 PM)rileylives Wrote:  But he still got to take a couple parting shots at App. I take this personally as a shot across the bow to all of us not just App...quote...

Just remember you’re talking about a school that created an entire fake curriculum in order to cheat athletes of a legitimate education so they could practice more to make the coach and ad more money.

They don’t do adversity well.

Im disappointed in Mack though. He had a chance to advocate for App as well as unc to the media but instead chose to whine and punch down

Hey, my brother-in-law took some of those fake classes, and he was not an athlete, so the fake classes are ok you know. 01-wingedeagle
09-11-2023 09:12 PM
Oldyeller Offline
All American

Apps in state matchups have been key in growing the local fan base. Suggesting that it’s bad for the kids avoids having to say it’s good for the ones being excluded.
09-11-2023 09:14 PM
HarborPointe Offline
North American Champion

I Root For: Southern Miss
(09-11-2023 08:58 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  
(09-11-2023 08:15 PM)rileylives Wrote:  "All the pressure's on our kids. There's no pressure on App State, because nobody thinks they're going to win the game. But the pressure's on us. And unless we win, we're awful. And it just kills you. So I've had enough.

To be a devils advocate,, don't we say something similar when FCS schools come in swinging with nothing to lose for a chance at FBS scalp.

None of us are refusing to schedule FCS teams as a matter of “principle.”
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023 08:56 PM by HarborPointe.)
09-11-2023 09:14 PM
GSUALUM17 Offline
All American

I Root For: GSU
(09-11-2023 09:14 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

To be a devils advocate,, don't we say something similar when FCS schools come in swinging with nothing to lose for a chance at FBS scalp.

None of us refusing to schedule FCS teams as a matter of “principle.”

Well, funny you say that...I admit we've done it before
09-11-2023 09:24 PM
SkullyMaroo Offline

I Root For: South Alabama
(09-11-2023 09:14 PM)HarborPointe Wrote:  

None of us refusing to schedule FCS teams as a matter of “principle.”

I understand your point, but it’s a bit different too. You’re comparing games between two FBS teams with 85 scholarship players versus a game between two different divisions, one with 85 scholarship players and one with 63 scholarship players.
09-12-2023 09:25 AM
Advertisement

KickItToScotty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: JMU
Ehh, when it comes to the scheduling both sides are understandable to an extent. If you're UVA for example, why would you want to play JMU when it's such a risky move and you could just schedule either an easier win or a game that isn't as harmful to the perception of the pecking order in the state if you lose? Still though, even though we can understand it we're still gonna call them chicken **** for being scared to schedule us for 40 years while they alternate playing Richmond and W&M every year.

It is a dbag move though to play the game and then belittle the opponent afterwards when they give you a great game the way Mack Brown did. It's one thing for fans to talk about how much more motivation one team has than the other and how in reality they don't think Marshall actually is barely better than Albany or UNC actually is barely better than App State, but it's another for the coach to go say it publicly.

Especially in a case like UNC/App where it's total BS. Yeah App wants to come in and show they belong in the discussion for top football program in the state, and UNC should want to go out and show App doesn't belong on their level there. And you just lost to them in 2019 and went down to the wire with them last year. Your guys should have zero issues taking that game seriously and getting up for it. I've played sports all my life and some of the best motivation I've ever had is when someone who I don't think is on my level thinks they are.
09-12-2023 09:58 AM
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
Typical UNC bull 01-rivals.
09-12-2023 10:03 AM
stingingeagle Offline
Special Teams

Mack Brown is old school and the way he speaks is old school. Regardless of what school of thought, no real coach is going to let that rhetoric get to them
09-12-2023 10:37 AM
APPdiesel Offline
All American

(09-11-2023 08:58 PM)GSUALUM17 Wrote:  Don’t we say something similar when FCS schools come in swinging with nothing to lose for a chance at FBS scalp..

I don’t. I respect quality FCS programs.

You end the narrative by refusing to perpetuate it. Mack just perpetuated it and threw a program he used to coach under the bus in the process. <- Mack, not you.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023 10:57 AM by APPdiesel.)
09-12-2023 10:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
southcharlotteapp Offline
1st String

I Root For: Appalachian
App was favored in the first game, so actually a lot of people thought we'd win. I'm shocked Mack even made this comment. It reads like something off of a message board, and will add fuel to the "UNC is scared to play App" argument. I thought these games would earn us a little respect from UNC, but it looks like just more back handed complements. They know the truth about our program, whether they admit it or not. Onward!
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023 11:22 AM by southcharlotteapp.)
09-12-2023 11:20 AM
Advertisement

Troy_Fan_15 Offline
Sun Belt Apologist

I Root For: Troy Trojans
In a way be happy that your in-state P5s will even schedule you.

South somehow found a way to get Auburn to play them next year and I'm not sure how it came about. It's going to be the 2nd only meeting of Auburn vs in-state G5 team. They used to play jax st. but probably won't anymore. The Crimson Whine have never done it.
(This post was last modified: 09-12-2023 11:58 AM by Troy_Fan_15.)
09-12-2023 11:57 AM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-11-2023 08:21 PM)EigenEagle Wrote:  Very Mark Hudspeth-esque.

He'll get humbled in the 4 conference games that UNC loses, though.

Mack Brown is too old to be humbled.
09-12-2023 12:01 PM
JoeJag Offline
Sun Belt Nationalist

(09-12-2023 11:57 AM)Troy_Fan_15 Wrote:  In a way be happy that your in-state P5s will even schedule you.

South somehow found a way to get Auburn to play them next year and I'm not sure how it came about. It's going to be the 2nd only meeting of Auburn vs in-state G5 team. They used to play jax st. but probably won't anymore. The Crimson Whine have never done it.

Yeah, That's still a mystery.
09-12-2023 12:03 PM
AppManDG Offline
Heisman

Well, there definitely wasn't any pressure on ole Mack in these types of games when he was at App. He followed the disaster known as Mike "ASU Football Ain't" Working and winning half of our SoCon games was a big accomplishment. The Yosef Club had about 300 members and a great crowd was 15K. Times have changed and you better believe Shawn feels A TON of pressure to win them. App Nation expects a win every time our boys walk out on to the turf. Regardless of logo on the helmets across the field.
09-12-2023 12:46 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.