Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

2023-24 ETSU Womens Basketball Schedule
Bookmark and Share
ETSUfan#2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU, Tennessee, Vermont
2023-24 ETSU Womens Basketball Schedule
https://www.etsubucs.com/wbasketball/schedule/

ETSU has recently release the season schedule for womens basketball. Highlights include a pair of decent road games at Kentucky and Clemson, and a 5 game home stretch in December.

I'm hit or miss on the womens team, outside of their run of success from 2008-2010 they've just not had the success the men have had over the years.

After the dismissal of coach Simon Harris in the summer of 2022 after only 1 season in the job, former UNC Asheville head coach Brenda Mock Brown came in, pretty much kept all players and staff from Harris that where willing to stay on, and took a team that went 6-22 over the course of the 2021-22 season, and make program history with a 25-10 season, about the best winning record at ETSU, and one of the best turn arounds of an NCAA D1 program ever.

I'm not expecting a tournament cinderella run or anything like that, but coach Brown came in unexpectedly to take over a largely irrelevant program without any players or staff of her own choosing, and immediately made a bit of basketball history in year one. I'm not getting my hopes up for Kentucky or Clemson, but pretty much every other game on the schedule seems very winnable.
09-04-2023 11:03 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mister Consistency Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
RE: 2023-24 ETSU Womens Basketball Schedule
They should be pretty good again. 25 wins is a lot to ask, but they'll be competitive. Nearly all the major pieces are back.

I have heard really positive stuff about Coach Mock. Seems like she's a hit behind the scenes on campus and gives the program a distinctive personality at the top.
(This post was last modified: 09-04-2023 02:21 PM by Mister Consistency.)
09-04-2023 02:19 PM
ETSUfan#2 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: ETSU, Tennessee, Vermont
RE: 2023-24 ETSU Womens Basketball Schedule
Before last season many expected them to finish dead last or close to it of all SoCon womens teams. Instead they tied for 2nd.

At the expense of one or two fewer non conference wins, I think they have a legitimate chance to win 10 or more conference games. I'd love to see them at least win the regular season title and be guaranteed a WNIT spot if nothing else.
09-05-2023 12:47 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.