Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Looks like it's Salopek tonight.
ejd_5277 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: WMU
Looks like it's Salopek tonight.
https://twitter.com/PeteThamel/status/16...9494491233

Did not expect this.

Also, never in a million years did I think this forum would be this dead on opening night.

GO BRONCOS!!!
08-31-2023 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RunningGame Offline
All American

RE: Looks like it's Salopek tonight.
He's good. I thought Bourget had good hustle, but I didn't see anything to set him apart from the potential of a new guy. We'll see, though. We'll be fine if the o-line comes to play.
08-31-2023 05:20 PM
BrewtownBronco Offline
2nd String

(08-31-2023 05:20 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  He's good. I thought Bourget had good hustle, but I didn't see anything to set him apart from the potential of a new guy. We'll see, though. We'll be fine if the o-line comes to play.

Exactly.

I too am a little surprised. In Lance we trust!!!!!!!

Wmu 27 sfu 17
08-31-2023 05:29 PM
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

Surprises me a little too although people did say Salopek looked great in the spring game.

I was sort of hoping Bourguet would do well enough to win it just for the future but I'm not gonna question the staff that saw them all camp. And besides Salopek was battling injury it seemed like all year so hopefully he can stay healthy and turn it all around this year.
08-31-2023 05:43 PM
ColinApocalypse Offline

Out of the 3 QBs in contention, Salopek is the last one I expected to get the start.
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023 06:04 PM by ColinApocalypse.)
08-31-2023 06:04 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

Great quarter. One ill-advised fade, otherwise Salopek has looked in control and mobile-r.
08-31-2023 06:36 PM
Advertisement

bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Just started watching. How is the crowd, qb, running backs, defense??
08-31-2023 06:39 PM
WMU2012#1 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: WESTERN MICHIGAN UNIVERS
(08-31-2023 06:39 PM)bostonbronco Wrote:  Just started watching. How is the crowd, qb, running backs, defense??

Really good on all sides other than the INT the offense and defense have dominated.
08-31-2023 06:47 PM
RunningGame Offline
All American

Crowd is great for FCS on Labor Day Thursday. Students pretty full. Grandstand a little light.
08-31-2023 06:55 PM
bostonbronco Offline
All American

I Root For:
Thank you, guys. Just saw that hit on King. Hope he's OK.
08-31-2023 07:01 PM
Cocksman Offline
1st String

I had $ on Bourguet getting the august Heisman. I obviously lost.
08-31-2023 08:30 PM
Advertisement

toddjnsn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU, MAC
Quote:I had $ on Bourguet getting the august Heisman. I obviously lost.

I had Old Dominion Guy. But, what's weird is all Salopek did was run it every time. Why not at the end to do things the same way with Bourguet and everyone else?

I dunno. I'm just happy I didn't whip out the razors, and I ended up unplugging the hair dryer as I sat in the tub, in the 4th quarter.

One game at a time. Our new PJ Fleck. I'm loving it. And yeah, I saw Lex Luthor (aka Pop-a-PJ) beat Nebraska.

We have ours. He seems good.
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023 02:24 AM by toddjnsn.)
09-01-2023 02:22 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(08-31-2023 06:55 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  Crowd is great for FCS on Labor Day Thursday. Students pretty full. Grandstand a little light.

It wasn't all that long ago that the home opener (do they still call it CommUniverCity Night?) was a guaranteed sellout no matter who the opponent was and no matter how good or bad the previous season had been. Now we're calling half-full on a Thursday night great. 01-wingedeagle
09-01-2023 07:28 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
wmubroncopilot Offline
Heisman

(09-01-2023 07:28 AM)moe24 Wrote:  
(08-31-2023 06:55 PM)RunningGame Wrote:  Crowd is great for FCS on Labor Day Thursday. Students pretty full. Grandstand a little light.

It wasn't all that long ago that the home opener (do they still call it CommUniverCity Night?) was a guaranteed sellout no matter who the opponent was and no matter how good or bad the previous season had been. Now we're calling half-full on a Thursday night great. 01-wingedeagle

To be fair, it was only a "sellout" because they gave away tickets to basically every business in town. I mean yeah the people showed up and all but they weren't actually selling those tickets. I'm not sure what all has changed with CommU night but yeah this was a lighter crowd than normal for it.
09-01-2023 07:39 AM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(09-01-2023 07:39 AM)wmubroncopilot Wrote:  To be fair, it was only a "sellout" because they gave away tickets to basically every business in town.

If the goal is butts in seats that's not something you would stop doing. Instead of diminishing those old sell outs you're instead highlighting how most of the problems we see today are self-inflicted.
09-01-2023 07:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
SilentStryk09 Offline
Heisman

We're also never going to see those mid-late 2000's numbers again for games that aren't "important". You can watch literally every bronco football game from anywhere any the world now, whereas you used to have to be lucky to see it outside the stadium. People that follow as intently as this board does are few and far between.
09-01-2023 07:50 AM
Advertisement

moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(09-01-2023 07:50 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  We're also never going to see those mid-late 2000's numbers again for games that aren't "important". You can watch literally every bronco football game from anywhere any the world now, whereas you used to have to be lucky to see it outside the stadium. People that follow as intently as this board does are few and far between.

All the more reason to quit the mid-week game nonsense (especially when not forced on us by MACtion), and to maintain those business relationships that butt casual-fan butts in seats along side the die-hard fans. The only reason I didn't go last night is I'm at work today and my kids are in school. Had this game been for Saturday so many more working people with kids would have shown up.
09-01-2023 07:53 AM
BroncoAlum Offline
Water Engineer

(09-01-2023 07:53 AM)moe24 Wrote:  
(09-01-2023 07:50 AM)SilentStryk09 Wrote:  We're also never going to see those mid-late 2000's numbers again for games that aren't "important". You can watch literally every bronco football game from anywhere any the world now, whereas you used to have to be lucky to see it outside the stadium. People that follow as intently as this board does are few and far between.

All the more reason to quit the mid-week game nonsense (especially when not forced on us by MACtion), and to maintain those business relationships that butt casual-fan butts in seats along side the die-hard fans. The only reason I didn't go last night is I'm at work today and my kids are in school. Had this game been for Saturday so many more working people with kids would have shown up.

I would have been there as well if the game was on a Saturday.
09-01-2023 09:43 AM
RunningGame Offline
All American

(09-01-2023 07:28 AM)moe24 Wrote:  

It's all about expectations. Given the easy parking, light crowd at Roadhouse, general trend towards smartphone uber alles, and the date, I came in expecting a ghost town. It was a ghost town at the end of the BMB pregame, but tons of students filed in.
09-01-2023 10:08 AM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
I agree RunningGame. I was likewise expecting much, much worse.

The world we lived in isn’t the same. It’s gone. Football attendance is a symptom of it.

It speaks volumes we used to sell-out even being in the "mediocre MAC", but can't no longer. Our product didn't change. The people did. This should be eye-opening.

But I don't want to dwell on attendance. It's a problem that can't be fixed
(This post was last modified: 09-01-2023 10:54 AM by Bronco'14.)
09-01-2023 10:47 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.