Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Logic and reasoning are dead.
andybible1995 Offline
All American

I Root For: TN, MTSU, MD
Logic and reasoning are dead.
You can't reason with leftists anymore if you're a conservative because they see you and everything you stand for as evil, and you must be destroyed. You also can't reason with right-wingers either because if you dare criticize Trump, or any Christians for that matter if you don't acquiesce to their purist and fundamentalist point of view, they will call you a communitst. A bird needs to two wings to fly. At least the right is not purposely trying to crash the country out of spite like the left is.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023 02:18 PM by andybible1995.)
08-28-2023 01:57 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Redwingtom Offline
Progressive filth

I Root For: B-G-S-U !!!!
RE: Logic and reasoning are dead.
Sometimes, inner monologues, are best left inside.
08-28-2023 02:11 PM
Mr_XcentricK Offline
World Wanderer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
(08-28-2023 01:57 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  You can't reason with leftists anymore if you're a conservative because they see you and everything you stand for as evil, and you must be destroyed. You also can't reason with right-wingers either because if you dare criticize Trump, or any Christians for that matter if you don't acquiesce to their purist and fundamentalist point of view, they will call you a communitst. A bird needs to two wings to fly. At least the right is purposely trying to crash the country out of spite like the left is.

Just couldn’t help yourself? So much reason until you threw it all away. Well tried too. Think you are missing a “not”

This country has always been ruled from the middle. Unfortunately there are some downsides to progress and new technologies. The vocal, sometimes extreme, minorities on both sides have been given platforms. This board probably doesn’t help matters. 03-shhhh

For the record, believing someone to be wrong does not mean you think they are evil. Ask my wife she says I am wrong all the time. Rimshot

04-cheers
08-28-2023 02:16 PM
andybible1995 Offline
All American

(08-28-2023 02:16 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  
(08-28-2023 01:57 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  You can't reason with leftists anymore if you're a conservative because they see you and everything you stand for as evil, and you must be destroyed. You also can't reason with right-wingers either because if you dare criticize Trump, or any Christians for that matter if you don't acquiesce to their purist and fundamentalist point of view, they will call you a communitst. A bird needs to two wings to fly. At least the right is purposely trying to crash the country out of spite like the left is.

Just couldn’t help yourself? So much reason until you threw it all away. Well tried too. Think you are missing a “not”

This country has always been ruled from the middle. Unfortunately there are some downsides to progress and new technologies. The vocal, sometimes extreme, minorities on both sides have been given platforms. This board probably doesn’t help matters. 03-shhhh

For the record, believing someone to be wrong does not mean you think they are evil. Ask my wife she says I am wrong all the time. Rimshot

04-cheers

Typing on a phone causes some words to not appear.
08-28-2023 02:19 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
They base decisions on short-term emotion & feelings, the now, how they are feeling today, & can't see anything in the long-term, neither past nor future, absolutely.

In regards to your critique against 'pure' conservatives: anything not purely conservative is just 5 years behind whatever the Left is pushing for
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023 02:29 PM by Bronco'14.)
08-28-2023 02:21 PM
Advertisement

200yrs2late Offline
Resident Parrothead

I Root For: East Carolina
(08-28-2023 01:57 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  You can't reason with leftists anymore if you're a conservative because they see you and everything you stand for as evil, and you must be destroyed. You also can't reason with right-wingers either because if you dare criticize Trump, or any Christians for that matter if you don't acquiesce to their purist and fundamentalist point of view, they will call you a communitst. A bird needs to two wings to fly. At least the right is not purposely trying to crash the country out of spite like the left is.

bruh, step away from the keyboard and news and go have a cold beer outside.
08-28-2023 02:37 PM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
(08-28-2023 02:19 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  
(08-28-2023 02:16 PM)Mr_XcentricK Wrote:  

04-cheers

Typing on a phone causes some words to not appear.

And we knew by context that "not" was meant to be included and we were able to read your message as you intended it, regardless of the missing word.

And that's just with the 1 copy.

Quote:At least the right is purposely trying to crash the country out of spite like the left is.

Imagine if you had noticed the typo and entered a correction:

Quote:At least the light is not purposely trying to crash the country out of spike like the left is.

The 2nd entry corrects the typo but introduces two more.

Quote:At yeast the right is not purposely trying too crash the country out of spite like the left is.

Another correction and more typos.

Being OCD (maybe you are -- I definitely can be), let's say you want to get it exactly right.
  • At least the right is purposely trying to crash the country out of spite like the left is.
  • At least the light is not purposely trying to crash the country out of spike like the left is.
  • At yeast the right is not purposely trying too crash the country out of spite like the left is.
  • At beast the right is not purposely trying to rash the country out of spite like the let is.
  • At least the night is purposely trying to crash the county out of spite like the left is.
  • At least the right is not purposely trying to stash the country out of spite like the left is.

Finally you give up. Not a single entry is correct.

6 separate copies
Max of 19 words in a copy.
12 variants across all copies.

Notice there are nearly as many mistakes as there are words, and there are more mistakes than there are copies.

Yet, with the multiple entries we have, it's very easy to figure out your intended message.

Context helps us understand your message. And the more copies we have the more certain we can be of your intended message.

Something to think about...
  • When the King James version was published in 1611 there were a total of 7 known Greek NT manuscripts with the oldest dating to the 11th century.
  • As of 2014 there were a total of more than 5,800 Greek NT manuscripts with the oldest dating to the 2nd century.

Biblical textual criticism isn't getting further away from the original message, it's getting closer.

OK, so this doesn't have anything to do with the OP, but it serves as a rudimentary introduction into textual criticism.

We often hear that the Bible can't be known because it has been copied over and over and over and over. Like the game of Telephone, by the time the original message is whispered to someone who then whispers it to another, and so on, the final message, or copy, is distorted rendering it useless.

But that's not actually the case. There are thousands of original language, intact copies of New Testament manuscripts. Thousands more when you include Latin translations and other languages. And there are more than a million quotations from early church fathers, so many that they could be used to make another copy of the entire New Testament.

But back to the Greek manuscripts, given the more than 5,800 copies there are most definitely variants between those copies.

If we only had one New Testament manuscript there would be zero variants -- simply because we would have nothing to compare it to.

In the discipline of textual criticism a variant is defined as follows:

Textual variant - Any place among the manuscripts in which there is variation in wording, including word order, omission or addition of words, or in spelling of words.

Greek New Testament
Total Words - 138,162
Textual Variants - ~400,000

The overwhelming number of variants are either spelling differences, word order differences, use of indefinite articles or use of definite articles.

There are a few variants where the variant use is considered to be more accurate than the baseline and would change the meaning of the text. That is, the variant is both viable and meaningful.

Note that these account for less than one-fourth of 1% of all variants.

Two Examples of Viable and Meaningful Variants
  • Mark 9:29 And he said to them, "This kind can only be cast out by prayer [and fasting]."
  • Revelation 13:18 "Let the one who has insight calculate the beast's number, for it is the number of a man, and his number is 666 [616]."

If either of these were to replace the text in current translations, we would see no impact to the message of the Gospel. So while these might be meaningful, they aren't that meaningful.

Excellent source reference for more detailed explanation of textual criticism...

OK, hijack over.
08-28-2023 05:18 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
(08-28-2023 01:57 PM)andybible1995 Wrote:  You can't reason with leftists anymore if you're a conservative because they see you and everything you stand for as evil, and you must be destroyed. You also can't reason with right-wingers either because if you dare criticize Trump, or any Christians for that matter if you don't acquiesce to their purist and fundamentalist point of view, they will call you a communitst. A bird needs to two wings to fly. At least the right is not purposely trying to crash the country out of spite like the left is.

The left has been trying to reason with the right for a long, long time. The electorate has favored conservatives of both colors since before Reagan, but now the kids are all grown up and are voting based on what they have experienced while growing up.

The left doesn't reason with the right anymore, for two primary reasons: 1.) It's never worked in our living memory, so why bother? and 2.) The demographics mean we don't have to anymore. You guys got 4 years to advertise to the entire world exactly what the Republican Party stands for, and there's no more benefit of the doubt.
08-28-2023 05:25 PM
Bronco'14 Offline
WMU

I Root For: WMU Broncos
Good witnessing um. Well done. Thought for sure it was eric.
(This post was last modified: 08-28-2023 05:35 PM by Bronco'14.)
08-28-2023 05:30 PM
Advertisement

andybible1995 Offline
All American

(08-28-2023 05:30 PM)Bronco14 Wrote:  Good witnessing um. Well done. Thought for sure it was eric.

Oh don't worry. He'll be along later.
08-28-2023 06:05 PM
BartlettTigerFan Offline
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
Kruciff never tires of showing his ignorance
08-28-2023 06:07 PM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(08-28-2023 05:25 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

The left has been trying to reason with the right for a long, long time. The electorate has favored conservatives of both colors since before Reagan, but now the kids are all grown up and are voting based on what they have experienced while growing up.

The left doesn't reason with the right anymore, for two primary reasons: 1.) It's never worked in our living memory, so why bother? and 2.) The demographics mean we don't have to anymore. You guys got 4 years to advertise to the entire world exactly what the Republican Party stands for, and there's no more benefit of the doubt.

03-lmfao03-lmfao03-lmfao
08-28-2023 06:16 PM
Owl 69/70/75 Offline
Just an old rugby coach

I Root For: RiceBathChelsea

DonatorsNew Orleans Bowl
The left's idea of reasoning is we get what we want and here is why you are going to ilke it.
08-28-2023 06:19 PM
Advertisement

Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
Welcome to Marxism. Enjoy.
08-28-2023 06:22 PM
andybible1995 Offline
All American

(08-28-2023 06:07 PM)BartlettTigerFan Wrote:  Kruciff never tires of showing his ignorance

He proves that leftists are both arrogant in their views, and ignorant towards others.
08-28-2023 06:30 PM
andybible1995 Offline
All American

(08-28-2023 06:22 PM)Eagleaidaholic Wrote:  Welcome to Marxism. Enjoy.

A wise old man once defined hell as a place where there is no reason. I guess he was right in his observation.
08-28-2023 06:31 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(08-28-2023 05:25 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  

[Image: kate-mckinnon-cross-eyed.gif]
08-28-2023 10:54 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.