Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Rocket WBB Players in the Pros: 2023 Edition
Bookmark and Share
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
MyBB Rocket WBB Players in the Pros: 2023 Edition
With the recent news of Justina King signing a contract to play in Portugal, I thought it might be a good time to catch up on recent news of Rockets playing pro ball in recent years. Here's what I have recently:

Justina King
- Just signed with C.P. Natação in Portugal. I can't find much info about the team

Jayda Jansen
- Reportedly has signed with Forssan Alku (aka FoA) in Finland, which is the same team Sara Rokkanen plays for.

Tatyana Davis
- Played this past season for KAZL Split, in Croatia.

Tanaya Beacham
- Played last season for the Sunshine Coast Phoenix in Australia. Don't know if she is back with them for this year or not.

Mariella Santucci
- Still playing for Umana Reyer Venezia (Venice) in Italy this year as far as I know. She moved to them after playing a couple years for Passalacqua Ragusa, also in Italy.

Sara Rokkanen
- Playing for Forssan Alku in Finland, now with teammate Jayda Jansen. Sara has hopped around with several different teams in Finland, Spain and Sweden.

Janice Monakana
- Had retired from pro-ball last year, but decided to come back to play again with the Sevenoaks Suns in England, where she has played for a number of seasons (aside from a short excursion to Sweden where she only played a handful of games)
- Ta'Yani Clark, who had also been playing (for years and years) for Sevenoaks is now reportedly their Assistant Coach.

Those are the recent players. Going back a few more years you have Clark, Naama, Bravo-Harriott, Tyra Carlsten-Handberg. I have on my to-do list, to put together a fairly complete list of Rocket pro stops as far back as I can trace them. Will post if I ever get to that.
08-21-2023 06:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Rocket WBB Players in the Pros: 2023 Edition
Jayda Jansen scored 31 in her debut with Forssan Alku in the Finnish league
11-04-2023 09:46 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

And apparently Sara Rokkanen has moved on from Finland to the Czech League, where she plays for BK Lokomotiva Trutnov. She's averaging 14 points per game there as a starter.

Justina King is averaging 17 points for her team in Portugal, with a season high of 34 which also came in her debut game.
11-04-2023 09:52 AM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2023 09:52 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  And apparently Sara Rokkanen has moved on from Finland to the Czech League, where she plays for BK Lokomotiva Trutnov. She's averaging 14 points per game there as a starter.

Justina King is averaging 17 points for her team in Portugal, with a season high of 34 which also came in her debut game.

The equivalent of Perrysburg or Bowling Green having a professional women's sports team. Basketball, let alone Women's Basketball doesn't even make top ten most popular sports in Europe by my googling.

We don't do this because?
11-04-2023 12:16 PM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-04-2023 12:16 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  
(11-04-2023 09:52 AM)northcoastRocket Wrote:  And apparently Sara Rokkanen has moved on from Finland to the Czech League, where she plays for BK Lokomotiva Trutnov. She's averaging 14 points per game there as a starter.

The equivalent of Perrysburg or Bowling Green having a professional women's sports team. Basketball, let alone Women's Basketball doesn't even make top ten most popular sports in Europe by my googling.

We don't do this because?

Europe doesn't have college sports at all really, so these pro/semi-pro/club teams are their equivalent for our college athletics.
11-05-2023 11:02 AM
northcoastRocket Offline
Hall of Famer

Was announced that Jayda Jansen has signed to play ball in Australia for the Hobart Chargers which are located in Tasmania. They are in the NBL1, which I believe is the B league in Australia, with the NBL being their top league.
04-25-2024 05:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.