Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Entire Police Department Resigns Leaving Minnesota Town Mayor ‘Blindsided’
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Entire Police Department Resigns Leaving Minnesota Town Mayor ‘Blindsided’
Quote:The Mayor and City Council of the small town of Goodhue, Minnesota, are expressing shock and surprise after their entire police force submitted their resignations.

Others claim the resignations are the direct result of defunding the police initiatives and the generally negative view of police officers following the death of George Floyd.

George Floyd died in an altercation with Police in Minnesota in 2020. Derek Chauvin, the lead Officer on the scene, pled not guilty to intentional homicide but was charged and convicted of murder. Three other officers were convicted of crimes related to Floyd’s death.

The resignations have left city officials how to ensure public safety. All Sides News reports that the Police Chief and one officer will remain on the force until August 23.

“I think we’re all a little bit blindsided by it, but we’re resilient and we’re going to move forward,” Goodhue Mayor Ellen Anderson Buck told Fox 9.

Josh Smith, the outgoing Police Chief reported he has no applicants to replace the exiting officers. On July 26, Smith reportedly told the City Council: “I’ve called every PD around [to see if new applicants are available]…There’s nobody getting into the game.”

Smith added: “If you want to keep the PD…something needs to change dramatically and drastically, and it’s got to happen now.”

Some have blamed recruitment difficulties on inadequate compensation and stiff competition from larger cities, which offer more lucrative packages to potential candidates. Others argue that small-town police departments offer limited prospects for a sustainable future within the department.

One City Council member lauded the police department for their unwavering dedication to maintaining safety and security within Goodhue, but no wage adjustments or policy changes were offered.

Another Council member noted that the contributions officers have made to the community are undeniable, and the void left by their resignation creates a grave situation.

Efforts to get comments from the Goodhue Police Department, mayor, and city council were unsuccessful as they did not provide any statements regarding the situation.

Link
08-15-2023 04:26 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: Entire Police Department Resigns Leaving Minnesota Town Mayor ‘Blindsided’
It seems to me the Nat'l Guard will have to fill that void. A town cannot go without "some type" of law enforcement. Even Deputy Barnie Fyfe would be welcomed with open arms. 03-wink
08-15-2023 05:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
AdoptedMonarch Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
It’s Minnesota. My guess is that the Somali Militia will step in and have law and order restored pronto.
08-15-2023 06:10 PM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
03-lmfao

Transforming America into the third world one community at a time.

Congrats Minnesota cucks. Let Saint Floyd of Fentynal protect you.

It is time to split up this country
08-15-2023 06:14 PM
Advertisement

bobdizole Offline
All American

I Root For: MT
(08-15-2023 06:10 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  It’s Minnesota. My guess is that the Somali Militia will step in and have law and order restored pronto.

[Image: HeftyDescriptiveAlbatross-size_restricted.gif]
08-15-2023 06:16 PM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
(08-15-2023 06:16 PM)bobdizole Wrote:  
(08-15-2023 06:10 PM)AdoptedMonarch Wrote:  It’s Minnesota. My guess is that the Somali Militia will step in and have law and order restored pronto.

[Image: HeftyDescriptiveAlbatross-size_restricted.gif]

More importantly, is it an electric truck?
08-15-2023 06:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(08-15-2023 05:33 PM)olliebaba Wrote:  It seems to me the Nat'l Guard will have to fill that void. A town cannot go without "some type" of law enforcement. Even Deputy Barnie Fyfe would be welcomed with open arms. 03-wink
Would probably give county cop jurisdiction. A few Florida towns got caught having ticket quotas, so Rick Scott dissolved their police departments and the county assumed responsibility

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
08-15-2023 07:36 PM
Advertisement

UCGrad1992 Offline
Legend

I Root For: Bearcats U
Quick! Someone call Ilhan Omar!

[Image: _105645669_051557017.jpg]
08-15-2023 08:19 PM
ODUsmitty Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I don't expect the Tuohy family to save this Blindsided" town, particularly since that ingrate Oher basically shat all over them. Maybe Ilhan the Ho can come to their aid.
08-15-2023 09:13 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(08-15-2023 09:13 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  I don't expect the Tuohy family to save this Blindsided" town, particularly since that ingrate Oher basically shat all over them. Maybe Ilhan the Ho can come to their aid.

Just another fine example of the DOG biting the hand that fed him and gave him an opportunity that had would have NEVER attained otherwise.

Says a lot about his character imho.

Even if he felt that way behind closed doors is where it could have been resolved. Clueless Clown bad look no matter how you try to spin it.
08-15-2023 10:34 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
This town only has 1,250 people. There’s a to. Of towns this size that don’t have their own police, I live in one. We get coverage from the county sheriff and state highway patrol.
08-16-2023 01:55 AM
Eldonabe Offline
No More Wire Hangars!

I Root For: All but Uconn
(08-16-2023 01:55 AM)banker Wrote:  This town only has 1,250 people. There’s a to. Of towns this size that don’t have their own police, I live in one. We get coverage from the county sheriff and state highway patrol.

How many cops can a town of that size have - maybe 4?

The town I used to live in at 1750 residents. They had 4 cops on the payroll, and they basically did not have a night shift - they relied on the state police for anything after 8PM until 7AM.

This is a clickbait / faux-outrage story.
08-16-2023 06:41 AM
memtigbb Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: memphis
(08-15-2023 10:34 PM)BlueDragon Wrote:  
(08-15-2023 09:13 PM)ODUsmitty Wrote:  I don't expect the Tuohy family to save this Blindsided" town, particularly since that ingrate Oher basically shat all over them. Maybe Ilhan the Ho can come to their aid.

Just another fine example of the DOG biting the hand that fed him and gave him an opportunity that had would have NEVER attained otherwise.

Says a lot about his character imho.

Even if he felt that way behind closed doors is where it could have been resolved. Clueless Clown bad look no matter how you try to spin it.

Are you serious? A 5star top LT recruit didnt have opportunities? You must be new to college football.

An Ole Miss booster tricks a 17 year old kid into going to Ole Miss and people act like somehow the 17 year old kid screwed the Ole Miss booster.... insane.
08-16-2023 06:46 AM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
I've heard of similar stories where the country sheriffs department had to take over policing for the town. Depends on where in the USA you are, I suspect.
08-16-2023 10:37 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.