Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What are Navy's and Haitachi's thoughts on all this realignment chaos?
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

I Root For: ECU
What are Navy's and Haitachi's thoughts on all this realignment chaos?
Thoughts of leaving?
08-06-2023 10:18 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

RE: What are Navy's and Haitachi's thoughts on all this realignment chaos?
I wouldn’t think so but it is a good question.
08-08-2023 03:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
You got OT'd!
The post was all about Navy and Shockers and you got moved -- I checked the moderation post and it says "credible source" about AAC members.

Well, I'm not a credible source either.

That's reason number one I don't weigh in much on the realignment chaos: I don't actually know anything. I know that's true of a lot of posters, here and on the silly scenario board. But I try not to add to the cacophony.
This current wave has been especially chaotic - the whiplash in one day in the end game for the four corners schools was nuts.
Honestly it's exhausting

There is still such a wide range of outcomes reasonably possible for the American that it isn't worth weighing in on what each and every one of them might mean for Navy.

But for the US Naval Academy, as an institution (not just some dumb Navy fan in Section 2), it seems like staying the course with the AAC and helping to shape our future going into the expanded CFP is better than jumping ship. Navy Football playing at the highest level of the game materially contributes to the institutional mission. That's why we finally said "yes" to the Big East over a decade ago. USNA needs the football team to be relevant in the highest division, with a national footprint and profile, with Army-Navy still a crown jewel of the sport, and yes the other eleven games having the maximum national exposure (and if ND keeps honoring that WWII debt, and AF games can still get a little attention, the in-conference eyeballs are the fourth priority).
For all the possible outcomes of this stuff, the AAC is still the best path to our strategic goals. Going into the expanded CFP I am much happier with Navy's situation in the American than I would be in Army's independent position. I keep getting the same answer looking at scenarios with AAC losses.
Barring massive changes on their parts, regional conferences like the mwc, the MAC, the Sun Belt are non-starters.

Would Navy try to jump up? It seems to me like it has been a case of seeing the strengthening of the AAC as the best path, so investing efforts here rather that weakening it. Gladchuk has been all in on P6 for years. In 2016 Bowlsby said "football only" but Navy didn't take the bait (could see that was a traveshamockery). Put more chips on P6 in 2021.
If Cal and Stanford said "Hey sailor!" tomorrow...back to the Rose Bowl (for a year or two), stability, AppleTV, travel that may not actually deliver tradeoff national profile...I don't know - who else make up the zombiePAC? Lot of unknowns.
I don't think Brett Yormark is interested at all but that's an interesting discussion too. Definitely a step up in weight class overall, but there isn't anyone in those 16 teams to be scared of. We beat the reigning champ in the '19 Liberty Bowl. National - i.e. not All-Texas. Lot of money, look like they're here to stay as opposed to instability two years ago. Would they respect Rule #1 - thou shalt not mess with Army-Navy? Just not gonna happen though.
If a diminished ACC still has ESPN juice and wants Navy football-only we're probably there in a second. The AAC-ACC threads have been funny for failing to acknowledge how attractive Navy football would be to ACC remnants.

Those are thoughts
08-13-2023 09:36 AM
Advertisement

slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
08-16-2023 10:41 AM
8BitPirate Offline
A Man of Wealth and Taste

Yeah the mods are weird. I posted another question about who the ACC would take from the AAC and they moved it. A few days later, same question posted by someone else and its still on the main board...

I think what is lost is, what does Navy and Haitachi do if the PAC4 rebuilds and take from the AAC. Is this the league y'all still want to be in? Navy could do Indy easy and would have a certain landing place in a rebuilding ACC. Haitachi has a number of options for their basketball team. Just a wonder, no one is talking about these potential moves.
08-17-2023 07:23 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.