08-05-2023 07:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU, Chicago St
RE: ASU President Crow/AD Ray Anderson Press Conference
I'd recommend turning on the CC button.

He says 2 schools didn't show up to the Pac-12 Presidents meeting yesterday morning.

He has some laughingly delusional comments about the Apple deal.

The AD slams Morgantown.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2023 07:40 PM by IWokeUpLikeThis.)
08-05-2023 07:40 PM
shizzle787 Offline
1st String

I Root For: UConn
He didn't want to leave.
08-05-2023 08:09 PM
Big Frog II Offline
1st String

I Root For: TCU
Personally I wished we had taken Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, or Washington State instead of ASU the way their pompous azz President has acted.
08-05-2023 08:13 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
Canzano claimed all 9 were there.
08-05-2023 08:20 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-05-2023 08:13 PM)Big Frog II Wrote:  Personally I wished we had taken Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, or Washington State instead of ASU the way their pompous azz President has acted.

I agree with you. You don't want a partner sowing negativity with others. And it's not like swapping out ASU (when you already have Arizona covered with UA) for Cal or Stanford or Oregon St is going to lower everyone's payout.
08-05-2023 08:22 PM
Advertisement

bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M
(08-05-2023 08:20 PM)bullet Wrote:  Canzano claimed all 9 were there.

Oregon got the call in the middle of the discussion about the GoR. I'm guessing he meant that 2 weren't there b/c UO and UW both left the call once they announced they were leaving.

Crow seems pretty bitter about this whole process. He should look in the mirror and take responsibility for his blind devotion to Scott, and perhaps recognize that his loyalty is supposed to be to ASU, not the Pac.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2023 08:23 PM by bryanw1995.)
08-05-2023 08:22 PM
IWokeUpLikeThis Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-05-2023 08:20 PM)bullet Wrote:  Canzano claimed all 9 were there.

I'm confused by Crow's "2 weren't there" when Oregon supposedly announced at the meeting they were leaving and then Washington backed them up right after.
08-05-2023 08:24 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

I Root For: -
I didn’t get emphasizing regionality so much. I got the impression or he may have stated it outright they didn’t really consider ACC and Big 12 made more sense due to regionalism but then also saying they explored all options unfortunately the Ivy League turned them down kinda joking (I hope so at least) but then went on about the Ivy League.

I’ve never been to Morgantown itself but WV is beautiful state and I’ve heard that’s an awesome college town. These high horses make poor decisions time and time again and the arrogance still flows.

Apple deal sounded lol on all levels even if he tried to shed it in a good light but failed miserably for convincing me.

I couldn’t take anymore of that yahoo after the Ivy League and Morgantown comments.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2023 08:34 PM by natibeast2.0.)
08-05-2023 08:31 PM
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(08-05-2023 08:31 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  I didn’t get emphasizing regionality so much. I got the impression or he may have stated it outright they didn’t really consider ACC and Big 12 made more sense due to regionalism but then also saying they explored all options unfortunately the Ivy League turned them down kinda joking (I hope so at least) but then went on about the Ivy League.

I’ve never been to Morgantown itself but WV is beautiful state and I’ve heard that’s an awesome college town. These high horses make poor decisions time and time again and the arrogance still flows.

Apple deal sounded lol on all levels even if he tried to shed it in a good light but failed miserably for convincing me.

I couldn’t take anymore of that yahoo after the Ivy League and Morgantown comments.

I think he was saying the Big 12 was somewhat regional. Although he pointedly left out the Great Plains states.
08-05-2023 08:35 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

(08-05-2023 08:35 PM)bullet Wrote:  
(08-05-2023 08:31 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  I didn’t get emphasizing regionality so much. I got the impression or he may have stated it outright they didn’t really consider ACC and Big 12 made more sense due to regionalism but then also saying they explored all options unfortunately the Ivy League turned them down kinda joking (I hope so at least) but then went on about the Ivy League.

I think he was saying the Big 12 was somewhat regional. Although he pointedly left out the Great Plains states.

Yeah I noticed he just mentioned Arizona, Colorado, Utah and Texas schools. I thought he would at least mention Kansas but nope. If I heard correctly he himself went to Iowa St.

He seemed like he could be a nice guy but I ended up having a very poor impression of him by the end. I turned it off after the Ivy League nonsense. I thought he was joking but then went on a bit about it. What a square
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2023 08:45 PM by natibeast2.0.)
08-05-2023 08:44 PM
Advertisement

Alanda Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
03-lmfao

Overlords of the media empires. Syracuse catching strays. This guy will be interesting to watch going forward.
08-05-2023 08:47 PM
bryanw1995 Offline
+12 Hackmaster

I Root For: A&M

I hope that WV makes ASU feel welcome the first time they come to town...perhaps with some burning couches and a 60 pt thrashing.
08-05-2023 08:48 PM
natibeast2.0 Offline
Banned

(08-05-2023 08:48 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  

I hope that WV makes ASU feel welcome the first time they come to town...perhaps with some burning couches and a 60 pt thrashing.

Unfortunately for WV, they have a mess in bball right now and many predict their football coach will be fired this year but never know.

I have met WV’s president for about 10 minutes when he was Ohio State’s president still when I was a freshman. Not the best impression of Gordon Gee either but for other reasons. I probably wouldn’t like most of these types that make it to be president of these universities if I’m being honest but this guy was ivory tower/country club persona to the core.

Edit: These two clowns need to spend a weekend at the Greenbrier in the beautiful Appalachian mountains and rivers in WV and then compare that to the foothill mountains, wannabe hippie ville of Colorado Springs and the Broadmoor.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2023 08:58 PM by natibeast2.0.)
08-05-2023 08:53 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Wow. Those guys are really thrilled to be here. I watched five minutes of it and all they talked about was the PAC.

Dude was facing life in the PAC 5 and acts like they just had to settle for the ghetto they're in now. Maybe a little gratitude is in order, bub?
08-05-2023 10:27 PM
UpStreamRedTeam Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers
(08-05-2023 08:53 PM)natibeast2.0 Wrote:  
(08-05-2023 08:48 PM)bryanw1995 Wrote:  

Unfortunately for WV, they have a mess in bball right now and many predict their football coach will be fired this year but never know.

I have met WV’s president for about 10 minutes when he was Ohio State’s president still when I was a freshman. Not the best impression of Gordon Gee either but for other reasons. I probably wouldn’t like most of these types that make it to be president of these universities if I’m being honest but this guy was ivory tower/country club persona to the core.

Edit: These two clowns need to spend a weekend at the Greenbrier in the beautiful Appalachian mountains and rivers in WV and then compare that to the foothill mountains, wannabe hippie ville of Colorado Springs and the Broadmoor.

Colorado Springs is the home of the Air Force Academy. Not exactly hippie vile.
08-05-2023 10:35 PM
Advertisement

Charlie Broadway Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
(08-05-2023 08:13 PM)Big Frog II Wrote:  Personally I wished we had taken Cal, Stanford, Oregon State, or Washington State instead of ASU the way their pompous azz President has acted.

I’d rather UCONN had gotten the invite as well. Not trying to be uppity. I’d prefer if the conference is filled with schools that want to be there.
08-05-2023 10:39 PM
RUScarlets Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Rutgers
That’s a dude that likes to hear himself talk… shocked they didn’t play hardball with ASU. Could come back to bite the Big 12 down the line.
08-05-2023 10:43 PM
Stugray2 Online
Heisman

I Root For: tOSU SJSU Stan'
ASU and WSU were the only schools who were going to sign the GOR Friday morning. But the motion to sign the GOR died when Oregon's Chancellor stepped in and informed everyone they were accepting the Big Ten invite, then Washington affirmed that as well. Only then did Crow give up. Crow really wanted to stay and to have Apple. He may come off as a jerk, but he could have secured a future seat on the Apple board.
08-05-2023 11:31 PM
johnintx Offline
1st String

I Root For: Oklahoma
This guy spent his career at ASU building its size and academic reputation, culminating in ASU's entry into the AAU. This was helped by their associations with the California schools. He also invested himself deeply into the Pac 12. Everything he worked for is now disintegrating.

USC and UCLA move to the B1G, and the Pac is on shaky ground. ASU sees that the Pac is unsustainable and the B1G isn't calling, even with all of the Midwesterners in the Valley. Meanwhile, U of A is having constructive talks with the B12. U of A gets a landing place in the B12, and ASU is dragged kicking and screaming to the heartland.

Or, here's a guy who left his small town in the Midwest for sunshine in Arizona, only to be dragged back home unwillingly to be with the people he spent a lifetime trying to outdo.

Dr. Crow is eating a lot of crow right now.
08-05-2023 11:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.