Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Honduras Plans Island Prison for Gang Members
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
Honduras Plans Island Prison for Gang Members
Similar to the crackdown in El Salvador on MS-13, Honduras is going to one up them by creating an island prison 155 miles off the coast.

Quote:
Honduras plans penal colony in Caribbean for 2,000 MS-13 gang members, dubbed the new Devil's Island

- President Xiomara Castro is organizing the plan to construct the only island prison colony in the Western Hemisphere
- The unprecedented project aims to isolate and detain the most feared gang leaders on the Islas del Cisne archipelago, situated 155 miles off the coast
- The decision is in response to the June incident where 46 women were tragically killed during a gang-related massacre inside one of the existing prisons

Honduras is planning to build a prison on a remote Caribbean island to send some of its most feared cartel bosses to.

President Xiomara Castro is organizing the plan to construct the 'new Devil's Island' - the only penal colony in the Western Hemisphere.

The project aims to isolate and detain the most feared gang leaders - including 2,000 members of the notorious MS-13 cartel - on the Swan Islands (Islas del Cisne) archipelago, situated 155 miles off the coast of Honduras.

Quote:A new prison is quite useless if you don't first regain control of the others you already have,' Breda said. 'Criminal gangs have shown throughout their history that they can adapt.'

There is only one way to communicate to the Islas del Cisne and that is by satellite, José Jorge Fortín, the head the Honduras' armed forces, said in an interview with The Associated Press.

Officials hope that this will deter the criminals from running their gang operations from inside the prisons.

Escape would also also be a challenge as the island takes about a day to reach by boat from the mainland.

'It's the farthest away they can possibly be, so these gang leaders feel the pressure once they're on the island,' Fortín said. 'The idea is that they lose contact with everything, contact with all of society ... and they can really pay for their crimes.'

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...mbers.html
07-20-2023 12:47 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: Honduras Plans Island Prison for Gang Members
Good for them!

And us!
07-20-2023 12:52 PM
VA49er Offline
Legend

I Root For: Charlotte
Sounds good. Looks like the two islands are mostly a national park with currently only a plane landing strip. Pretty isolated but I'd imagine keeping a facility wouldn't be cheap. My guess is it won't be the best accommodations though.
07-20-2023 01:02 PM
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Just put them on the island and air drop food if you want. Use boat patrols, no personnel on land.

Super cheap relative to other prisons. Let the inmates sort out how the island runs.
07-20-2023 01:10 PM
MileHighBronco Offline
Legend

I Root For: Broncos
That sounds like Lord of the Flies.

Works for me. 04-cheers
07-20-2023 01:12 PM
Advertisement

banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
(07-20-2023 01:12 PM)MileHighBronco Wrote:  That sounds like Lord of the Flies.

Works for me. 04-cheers

I prefer “Escape from Honduras”. They could use the bomb collars so if any inmate got too far away from the island it would just detonate.
07-20-2023 01:18 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
Can we send some blm and antifa types there too...of course we would pay them. 03-wink
07-20-2023 01:47 PM
b2b Offline
Heisman

I Root For: My Family + ECU
I've got a much cheaper plan.
07-20-2023 02:12 PM
BartlettTigerFan Online
Have gun Will travel

I Root For: Freedom
(07-20-2023 02:12 PM)b2b Wrote:  I've got a much cheaper plan.

07-20-2023 02:24 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.