Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Keith Ellison Shows Us Who Dems Really Are Again in Vicious Attack Against Clarence T
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Keith Ellison Shows Us Who Dems Really Are Again in Vicious Attack Against Clarence T
Quote:Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas is, of course, no stranger to the types of vile attacks black conservatives are routinely subjected to from their supposed intellectual betters on the left, with one of the more infamous ones coming to mind being how Rep. Bennie Thompson (D-Miss.) called Thomas an “Uncle Tom” in 2014.

There was also Georgia state Sen. Emanuel Jones (D) giving a speech back in February in which he also used the racially-charged term to describe Thomas, a Georgia native, during a debate on erecting a statue of him at the state Capitol.

“I’m just trying to tell you what we have in the African American community when we talk about a person of color that goes back historically to the days of slavery and that person betraying his own community,” Jones said at the time.

Five months later, Thomas is again on the receiving end of race-based smears coming from the so-called “tolerant left,” this time from alleged serial domestic abuser and Minnesota Attorney General Keith Ellison, who during a recent interview with the Michigan Chronicle called for Thomas’ impeachment in the aftermath of the affirmative action ruling, and also equated Thomas to the “Stephen” character from the 2012 movie “Django Unchained“:

“Anybody who’s watched the movie Django — just watch Stephen and you see Clarence Thomas. Clarence Thomas has decided that his best personal interest is siding with the powerful and the special interests regardless as to who they’re going to hurt. He’s like ‘I’m looking out for me, and I don’t care nothing about you. But I’m on the Supreme Court so it’s my job to look out for you.’

So he’s abdicating his responsibility. He has abdicated it a long time ago. When he got in office, he was this way, he’s this way now, maybe he’s worse now. So Clarence Thomas needs to be impeached. Clarence Thomas is illegitimate and has no basis in the job that he’s in. And it’s a lesson to us as African-Americans.

What is the lesson? Well, we all thought ‘Well, he’s a black man raised in the deep South. He knows what racism, segregation is. He knows what affirmative action is. He’s gonna come around one day.’ Understand that it’s not a matter of pigment. It’s not what’s on your skin, it’s what’s in your mind.”

In other words, in Ellison’s view Thomas is the ultimate traitor to his race because he not only supposedly doesn’t “act” like a black man is in Ellison’s opinion supposed to act but he thinks like a (racist) white man who is looking out only for himself.

Watch:

Strangely, CBS News Minnesota left Ellison’s comparison of Thomas to the house slave character in “Django” out of their story on the interview for some reason.

Every time I read about these types of vicious attacks on Thomas, especially coming from prominent Democrats like Ellison, I think back to Thomas’ life story and wonder if it would matter to them if they knew it, too. And then I think to myself, no, they wouldn’t care, because it’s all about narratives with woke Democrats and making the people who support them feel like perpetual victims who can’t get ahead in this world unless they vote for Democrats:

Justice Clarence Thomas has lived a uniquely American life. Born on June 23, 1948, in the small coastal community of Pin Point, Georgia—a community founded by freed slaves after the Civil War—Thomas grew up in the segregated South of the Jim Crow era. Thomas’ father deserted his family when Thomas was very young. When Thomas was seven, his mother sent Clarence and his younger brother Myers to live in the home of his maternal grandparents, Myers and Christine Anderson, in Savannah. His grandfather’s influence on Thomas was so profound that he called him “Daddy” and titled his 2007 memoir My Grandfather’s Son. In his memoir, Justice Thomas wrote of his grandfather: “He was the one hero in my life. What I am is what he made me.”

Thomas attended St. Benedict the Moor Grammar School, a segregated Catholic school in Savannah run by the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception. These Irish nuns, and especially Sister Mary Virgilius, also had an indelible impact on his life. Thomas did not attend an integrated school until he entered St. John Vianney Minor Seminary in the tenth grade. He later attended The College of the Holy Cross in Worcester, Massachusetts and Yale Law School.

He got his law degree in 1974 and the rest, as they say, is history.

Link
07-18-2023 09:31 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
RE: Keith Ellison Shows Us Who Dems Really Are Again in Vicious Attack Against Clarence T
What a sick piece of filth.
07-18-2023 09:38 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
RE: Keith Ellison Shows Us Who Dems Really Are Again in Vicious Attack Against Clarence T
(07-18-2023 09:38 AM)umbluegray Wrote:  What a sick piece of filth.

ol’ boy doesn’t understand how the blue in his gums contradicts his position…
07-18-2023 09:48 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

I Root For: ECU
Dems/Libs refuse to actually listen to and engage with the reasons why Thomas has the views he has, because that would require introspection about the views and actions of specifically white liberals over decades. They'd prefer to just call him an "Uncle Tom" and trash him personally instead. I want to read his whole book on Thomas, but I've heard Corey Robin talk about it on several podcasts and it's changed the way I think about him.

https://www.theguardian.com/books/2019/d...mas-review
07-18-2023 10:03 AM
TomorrowHerd Offline
Protecting the Northern Flank

I Root For: Pie!!!!

Donators
K.E. is a despicable, horrible human being...

Islamist and commie from the get go, and hateful of anyone who thinks otherwise...

Racism is alive and well in the democrat party.

This doesn't even get into his domestic violence and sexual assault issues...
07-19-2023 02:07 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
TomorrowHerd Offline

Donators
The only person in this world who has so unjustly received more hate and vitriol, than Clarence Thomas is Donald J Trump.
07-19-2023 02:10 AM
Advertisement

Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

The annoying thing to me is that when people spout opinions like these, the person giving them the platform never makes them support their claims or questions them any further. Like, name one thing that Clarence Thomas has done that supports slavery. What does it mean to "act like a black man"? Why should all black men be expected to act the same way? Make these people explain themselves and maybe they'll think before they open their mouths.
07-19-2023 05:54 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

I Root For: Tulane
Nothing else demonstrates that the filth have no code more than the attacks on Thomas.

Filth v not Filth

That is your choice
07-19-2023 06:42 AM
TigerBlue4Ever Offline
Unapologetic A-hole

I Root For: yo mama
(07-19-2023 06:42 AM)shere khan Wrote:  Nothing else demonstrates that the filth have no code more than the attacks on Thomas.

Filth v not Filth

That is your choice

When we split I'm nominating you or JR for president of the New Southern District of the New Confederated States of the country formerly known as the United States of America. I don't know what a 2nd civil war will look like but I'm convinced it's a very distinct possibility unless we can somehow wrest control of what we have now back from the leftist scum who are now in control.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2023 07:16 AM by TigerBlue4Ever.)
07-19-2023 07:15 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Just more proof that democrats don't care about blacks. Or women for that matter.

Democrat 101: SHUT UP AND VOTE FOR US
07-19-2023 08:10 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(07-19-2023 05:54 AM)Chappy Wrote:  The annoying thing to me is that when people spout opinions like these, the person giving them the platform never makes them support their claims or questions them any further. Like, name one thing that Clarence Thomas has done that supports slavery. What does it mean to "act like a black man"? Why should all black men be expected to act the same way? Make these people explain themselves and maybe they'll think before they open their mouths.

Thomas IMO believes that the Dem party and specifically white liberals have done nothing to help the black community, have no interest in helping the black community, and just uses them for votes. I agree with him completely on that.
07-19-2023 08:24 AM
Advertisement

shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-19-2023 07:15 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  
(07-19-2023 06:42 AM)shere khan Wrote:  Nothing else demonstrates that the filth have no code more than the attacks on Thomas.

Filth v not Filth

That is your choice

When we split I'm nominating you or JR for president of the New Southern District of the New Confederated States of the country formerly known as the United States of America. I don't know what a 2nd civil war will look like but I'm convinced it's a very distinct possibility unless we can somehow wrest control of what we have now back from the leftist scum who are now in control.

If nominated, I will not run; if elected, I will not serve.

JR is your man. He can appoint me to something like ambassador shite poster
07-19-2023 08:28 AM
TomorrowHerd Offline

Donators
(07-19-2023 08:24 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(07-19-2023 05:54 AM)Chappy Wrote:  The annoying thing to me is that when people spout opinions like these, the person giving them the platform never makes them support their claims or questions them any further. Like, name one thing that Clarence Thomas has done that supports slavery. What does it mean to "act like a black man"? Why should all black men be expected to act the same way? Make these people explain themselves and maybe they'll think before they open their mouths.

Thomas IMO believes that the Dem party and specifically white liberals have done nothing to help the black community, have no interest in helping the black community, and just uses them for votes. I agree with him completely on that.

He, and you, are exactly correct.
07-19-2023 08:55 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-19-2023 08:55 AM)TomorrowHerd Wrote:  

Thomas believed black folks are up to the task of life and dont need help because of their skin color.

Sadly, you are both wrong

Do yall ever actually read anything?
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2023 09:22 AM by shere khan.)
07-19-2023 09:20 AM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(07-19-2023 09:20 AM)shere khan Wrote:  

Thomas believed black folks are up to the task of life and dont need help because of their skin color.

I think he believes both of those statements, they aren't in any way opposed to each other. You can absolutely believe that the Dems/white liberals use black people for their votes and care nothing about actually helping them and that black people can and need to stand on their own with no assistance from the government.
07-19-2023 09:31 AM
shere khan Offline
Southerner

(07-19-2023 09:31 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

I think he believes both of those statements, they aren't in any way opposed to each other. You can absolutely believe that the Dems/white liberals use black people for their votes and care nothing about actually helping them and that black people can and need to stand on their own with no assistance from the government.

Absolutely they are. One assumes blacks need help making them a victim, the other does not.
(This post was last modified: 07-19-2023 10:14 AM by shere khan.)
07-19-2023 10:13 AM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(07-19-2023 10:13 AM)shere khan Wrote:  
(07-19-2023 09:31 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  
(07-19-2023 08:24 AM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  Thomas IMO believes that the Dem party and specifically white liberals have done nothing to help the black community, have no interest in helping the black community, and just uses them for votes. I agree with him completely on that.

Absolutely they are. One assumes blacks need help making them a victim, the other does not.

You have a reading comprehension problem.
07-19-2023 01:34 PM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
(07-19-2023 07:15 AM)TigerBlue4Ever Wrote:  

Filth v not Filth

That is your choice

People in this country are too soft to ever engage in another armed conflict.

Besides half the country will be waiting to get their talking points and ammunition from those who can’t even spell W A R much less engage in it unless of course it’s a button you can push.
07-20-2023 08:54 AM
BlueDragon Away
Heisman

I Root For: TSU
The attacks on Thomas are simply because he doesn’t fall in line with their thinking. He has his own opinions even if not popular among liberals and blacks.

It’s old but it does speak volumes here when I hear people say they finally got off the plantation referring to the Democratic Party propaganda. The problem most blacks and especially liberal whites have is the fact that he can act and speak for himself and it doesn’t include their agenda. How dare he! Fill in the blank ______ with all the derogatory names you can call him while you pretend to be morally superior. Disgusting at best Repulsive at worst.

That is what the Democratic Party is when you pull off the Facade Covering. Division and hate is spread among the populace to keep power. Poster Child is the supposED present Georgia Senator.
If he was white and spewed all of that hatred he has spewed in the name of God he would be David Duke. Talk about a country of double standards. He is by definition a Racist. His own views and written pieces are there for anyone to see yet no one condemns him. And he should be more so than Thomas.

If you don’t believe me just go to any inner major city in America. They vote D and look what they get for their loyalty.
07-20-2023 09:09 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
Ellison...a racist domestic abuser.

He's just saying out loud what white liberals have felt going back to Biden being such a clown in Thomas' confirmation hearing.

They think Thomas is an Uncle Tom uppity ****** who is a race traitor. Just own it and be done.
07-20-2023 09:26 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.