Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Logan Kohler to Mississippi State
Bookmark and Share
HardBall Fan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Question Logan Kohler to Mississippi State
Logan Kohler has signed with Mississippi State out of the transfer portal. He had a monster year for us last season. I'd say he was our best everyday player. He entered the portal after Coach Jackson left and is on to StarkVegas now. Was really hoping we could get him to come back, but no such luck sadly.
07-07-2023 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
RE: Logan Kohler to Mississippi State
You have to understand that Memphis is a 'tryout' school for the P5.
07-07-2023 05:56 PM
HardBall Fan Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Well aware. You're correct. Really felt like Coach Jackson and crew were changing that. Hopefully Coach Riser and crew will try to change that. This is a big loss in the lineup.
07-07-2023 06:07 PM
Crazier Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
(07-07-2023 05:56 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  You have to understand that Memphis is a 'tryout' school for the P5.

Basically that's the G5 now. NIL changed the game big time. You don't have to go pro to make money.
07-07-2023 07:16 PM
Advertisement

bluebacker Away
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Close Games

Donators
(07-07-2023 06:07 PM)HardBall Fan Wrote:  Well aware. You're correct. Really felt like Coach Jackson and crew were changing that. Hopefully Coach Riser and crew will try to change that. This is a big loss in the lineup.

If he does what makes you think he won't leave along with a bunch of his players?

One year was a mighty short stay but it's only about the money now - for the coaches and for the players. Guess who's paying the bill? You are.
07-07-2023 07:58 PM
Eagleonpar Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UOFM
(07-07-2023 05:56 PM)bluebacker Wrote:  You have to understand that Memphis is a 'tryout' school for the P5.

For coaches players and anyone in the athletic department
07-08-2023 08:13 AM
UofMark Offline
Heisman

It's starting to feel like we're the AAA level just to develop players for the majors.
07-08-2023 09:58 AM
Advertisement

GoDownSwinging Offline
Special Teams

(07-07-2023 07:16 PM)Crazier Wrote:  

Basically that's the G5 now. NIL changed the game big time. You don't have to go pro to make money.

How much money to do you think he's going to get at Mississippi State? Everyone assumes it's a NIL related move, and that may not be the case. To me, this is likely a "potential draft improvement" case rather than NIL related.
07-08-2023 10:26 AM
Marc Mensa Offline
You'll Get Nothing and Like It

I Root For: The Underdog
The gap between Memphis Tiger baseball & Mississippi State is about the widest in Div 1. Their facilities are the best in college baseball &, quite honestly, ours are only slightly above Collierville’s. If given the opportunity, who can blame the kid?
07-08-2023 05:33 PM
TigersTigers Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tigers
Everyone needs to keep things in prospective in regards to our baseball program. The baseball program has been neglected for over a decade from an investment and facility standpoint. Baseball has been an after thought for a long time.

Currently, they are throwing a little money at it In the bigger picture doesn't really matter its still all about the football program and that's where the majority of investment should go.

We are what we are in baseball. So be it.
07-08-2023 05:53 PM
Advertisement

Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(07-08-2023 05:33 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  The gap between Memphis Tiger baseball & Mississippi State is about the widest in Div 1. Their facilities are the best in college baseball &, quite honestly, ours are only slightly above Collierville’s. If given the opportunity, who can blame the kid?

Not me. They’ve got loft rentals in left field. Our infamous left field deck just got bulldozed. RIP

07-08-2023 05:58 PM
Keeper Offline
All American

Not a lot to do in Starkvegas once you have cleaned your A R.
07-08-2023 11:34 PM
fsquid Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis, Queens (NC)

CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesMemphis Hall of Fame
(07-08-2023 05:58 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  
(07-08-2023 05:33 PM)Marc Mensa Wrote:  The gap between Memphis Tiger baseball & Mississippi State is about the widest in Div 1. Their facilities are the best in college baseball &, quite honestly, ours are only slightly above Collierville’s. If given the opportunity, who can blame the kid?

Not me. They’ve got loft rentals in left field. Our infamous left field deck just got bulldozed. RIP

Is there really not that much to do than rent some loft at a college baseball match?
07-08-2023 11:47 PM
Browning Hall Offline
All American

I Root For: Mayhem
(07-08-2023 11:47 PM)fsquid Wrote:  
(07-08-2023 05:58 PM)Browning Hall Wrote:  

Is there really not that much to do than rent some loft at a college baseball match?

You could always join the 10,000 tailgaters.
07-09-2023 12:18 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.