Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Farewell my brothers
FonzKnight Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
Farewell my brothers
With our call up to the B12 only days away, I thought I’d get my goodbyes in a little early.

I haven’t been a huge poster on this board for a few years now, but I’ve spent quite a lot of time lurking anyway, and will miss the communal, chip-on-the-shoulder attitude of the AAC.

ECU- We’ve been together for 17 seasons. I always admired the fan support you get, even in the tougher times. We’ve had some damn battles.

Navy- It’s been an honor sharing a conference with a service academy. And one that is pretty damn good at football too.

Tulane- Great to see you all come up. Not just raising the GPA of the conference now, but also the quality of football.

SMU- I live in Dallas and have spent a lot of time on your campus. If the fan support can ever follow the $ you’ll be giants again in no time.

Temple- Not a lot of history together, but that game in 2013 almost completely blew up our season. Hell of a job in ‘16.

Tulsa- I am so glad to no longer be playing you. I can’t take anymore beatings.

Memphis.. y’all will be the toughest to leave. We’ve had fun. You deserve to move into the P5 and I hope you get there very soon.

FAU- Have fun. You’ve got all the potential in the world to be on the same trajectory the AAC put us on.

I’m sure plenty of these will be posted in the next few days, if you care to read any or all or none at all I won’t blame you. The American will always hold a special place in UCF football history and am very thankful to have shared it with all of you.

Houston, Cincy.. let’s ride.
06-27-2023 10:49 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
RE: Farewell my brothers
(06-27-2023 10:49 AM)FonzKnight Wrote:  With our call up to the B12 only days away, I thought I’d get my goodbyes in a little early.

I haven’t been a huge poster on this board for a few years now, but I’ve spent quite a lot of time lurking anyway, and will miss the communal, chip-on-the-shoulder attitude of the AAC.

ECU- We’ve been together for 17 seasons. I always admired the fan support you get, even in the tougher times. We’ve had some damn battles.

Navy- It’s been an honor sharing a conference with a service academy. And one that is pretty damn good at football too.

Tulane- Great to see you all come up. Not just raising the GPA of the conference now, but also the quality of football.

SMU- I live in Dallas and have spent a lot of time on your campus. If the fan support can ever follow the $ you’ll be giants again in no time.

Temple- Not a lot of history together, but that game in 2013 almost completely blew up our season. Hell of a job in ‘16.

Memphis.. y’all will be the toughest to leave. We’ve had fun. You deserve to move into the P5 and I hope you get there very soon.

FAU- Have fun. You’ve got all the potential in the world to be on the same trajectory the AAC put us on.

I’m sure plenty of these will be posted in the next few days, if you care to read any or all or none at all I won’t blame you. The American will always hold a special place in UCF football history and am very thankful to have shared it with all of you.

[Image: giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47ofprcqd8l07ze37edz...p;amp;ct=g]
06-27-2023 11:07 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

I Root For: The Bridge of Death
We should probably just make an official "goodbye" thread on Jun 30th
06-27-2023 11:09 AM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
(06-27-2023 11:09 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  We should probably just make an official "goodbye" thread on Jun 30th

On July 1st we become visiting fans and rules are a bit harsher on visiting fans.

So, let's just use this thread as the official goodbye thread now.
Goodbye window from today till June 30th. Feel free to say what you want within reason. Beat the deadhorse topics one last time.
04-cheers 05-deadhorse 04-cheers

As soon as July 1st hits, be warned you might get flagged for flaming and/or trolling.
05-ban 05-ban 05-ban
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2023 02:10 PM by ArmoredUpKnight.)
06-27-2023 02:00 PM
AtlantaTiger Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
Thanks for the memories.

Best of luck to you Cincinnati - we have been bffs since the 1950's and are going to certainly miss you. Never had the hate for the Bearcats like we did with the Cardinals. You were always so kind to us when we visited Cincinnati and gave us great respect.

Same to you Houston - bffs since the 1970's. Had some great trips to the Astrodome back in the day. Never will forget the Houston Band throwing a Coors Beer Party for us once.

UCF you have accomplished a lot the last 20 years and your promotion is well deserved.

Now all three of you go whip up on those original Big 12 members and make yourselves proud. We will miss you all and we will always still be rooting for you. GO BEARCATS! GO COUGARS! GO KNIGHTS!

Don't forget us.
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2023 02:26 PM by AtlantaTiger.)
06-27-2023 02:22 PM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(06-27-2023 02:00 PM)ArmoredUpKnight Wrote:  
(06-27-2023 11:09 AM)Kruciff Wrote:  We should probably just make an official "goodbye" thread on Jun 30th

On July 1st we become visiting fans and rules are a bit harsher on visiting fans.

Goodbye window from today till June 30th. Feel free to say what you want within reason. Beat the deadhorse topics one last time.

As soon as July 1st hits, be warned you might get flagged for flaming and/or trolling.
05-ban 05-ban 05-ban

I would hate for my last posts as a member of this particular forum to be in violation of the official game thread bylaws.

SlhNavy i got your back
06-27-2023 02:32 PM
Advertisement

C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU

05-ban 05-ban 05-ban

What about my thread, my thread was first?

https://csnbbs.com/thread-972140.html
(This post was last modified: 06-27-2023 03:15 PM by C2__.)
06-27-2023 03:13 PM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC

That's a good idea by Kruciff.

Wait... can I say those words in the same sentence????
06-27-2023 03:17 PM
ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
(06-27-2023 03:13 PM)_C2_ Wrote:  

05-ban 05-ban 05-ban

What about my thread, my thread was first?

lol I didn't even see that. You're right, first is first. Heck most of this thread is about the logistics of a goodbye thread anyways.

Kruciff is probably right, ***The Official Goodbye Thread*** would have been appropriate to avoid the duplicates.

Since you're the OP of the other thread, can you change your thread title?
06-27-2023 03:18 PM
Poseidon Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulane
(06-27-2023 10:49 AM)FonzKnight Wrote:  With our call up to the B12 only days away, I thought I’d get my goodbyes in a little early.

Funny you don't mention the school in Tampa.
06-27-2023 03:41 PM
FonzKnight Offline
Special Teams

(06-27-2023 03:41 PM)Poseidon Wrote:  

Funny you don't mention the school in Tampa.

[Image: giphy.webp]
06-27-2023 04:55 PM
Advertisement

Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(06-27-2023 03:17 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

I'm off the clock, let's leave work at work old boy
06-27-2023 09:23 PM
BullsFanInTX Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: USF
Good luck to the Knights, Cougars, and Bearcats in the Big 12.

Make some noise in that conference in year one.
06-27-2023 11:16 PM
TUCandoit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa
I'll be rooting you on UH and UCF. Keep doing big things and making us proud!
06-28-2023 08:41 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
(06-27-2023 09:23 PM)Kruciff Wrote:  
(06-27-2023 03:17 PM)Bear Catlett Wrote:  

I'm off the clock, let's leave work at work old boy

I said it was a good idea. Just a friendly jab UCF guy.
06-28-2023 09:21 AM
Kruciff Offline
Old Man from scene 24

(06-28-2023 08:41 AM)TUCandoit Wrote:  I'll be rooting you on UH and UCF. Keep doing big things and making us proud!

Please never play us in anything again. I can't handle another loss in Tulsa
06-28-2023 10:02 AM
Advertisement

ECUGrad07 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU

06-28-2023 10:03 AM
cscottl1981 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
This is intense. Would bring a tear to a glass eye.
06-28-2023 01:15 PM
Golden Jedi Knight Offline
Heisman

It is going to be weird to be no longer playing schools (at least, not on a regular basis) that we played against in both C-USA and the American like ECU, Memphis, Tulsa, Tulane, and SMU. It's also weird to be ending the USF series (for now). We had some great moments (and some not-so-great ones) against all the American teams. I'll miss playing you guys, but am looking forward to the next step in UCF athletics history. As a soon-to-be former American member, I hope to be very competitive in the Big XII and win many conference titles (and some national championships?).
06-29-2023 01:16 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt will always remember playing you in aac soccer this year
06-29-2023 01:21 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.