Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Football 2023 Season W-L Games... you pick!
Bookmark and Share
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Marshall | SBC
Exclamation Football 2023 Season W-L Games... you pick!
Saturday
Sep. 2 Albany Great Danes
Joan C. Edwards Stadium, Huntington, WV

Saturday
Sep. 9 East Carolina
Dowdy-Ficklen Stadium, Greenville, NC

Saturday
Sep. 23 Virginia Tech Hokies

Saturday
Sep. 30 Old Dominion Monarchs

Saturday
Oct. 7 NC State Wolfpack
Carter-Finley Stadium, Raleigh, NC

Saturday
Oct. 14 Georgia State
Center Parc Stadium, Atlanta, GA

Thursday
Oct. 19 James Madison Dukes

Saturday
Oct. 28 Coastal Carolina
Brooks Stadium, Conway, SC

Saturday
Nov. 4 Appalachian States
Kidd Brewer Stadium, Boone, NC

Saturday
Nov. 11 Georgia Southern

Saturday
Nov. 18 South Alabama Jaguars
Hancock Whitney Stadium, Mobile, AL

Saturday
Nov. 25 Arkansas State
(This post was last modified: 08-31-2023 07:28 AM by GreenBison.)
06-23-2023 09:45 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

GreenBison Offline
Heisman

RE: Football Win - Loss you pick!
I predict 10-2 with a +1 win with our bowl game (11-2) and finish the season in the Top 25.

WIN Albany
WIN ECU
WIN VPI
WIN ODU

LOSS NC State
WIN Georgia State
WIN JMU
WIN Coastal

LOSS Appy State
WIN Georgia Southern
WIN South
WIN stAte
(This post was last modified: 06-23-2023 09:49 AM by GreenBison.)
06-23-2023 09:48 AM
forphase1 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Marshall
Man, this is hard. I just don't know enough about how the offense will do, with...questionable QB play, inconsistent and young WR play, and how Ali will be after only carrying the ball 47 times last year. I think the defense is going to be stacked, very solid, but offense I just don't know. And at some point you have to score, no matter how good the defense is. Last year we only averaged 24.5 points for game, leaving us #90 in the country, out of 131 schools. I've not seen any changes, additions or anything to make me feel we are going to be any better, and perhaps see some signs of taking a few steps backwards having lost Horton and Gammage and of course Laborn while not adding anyone of note, other than a random TE and a QB from Rice of all places.
06-26-2023 11:05 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2023 11:05 AM)forphase1 Wrote:  Man, this is hard. I just don't know enough about how the offense will do, with...questionable QB play, inconsistent and young WR play, and how Ali will be after only carrying the ball 47 times last year. I think the defense is going to be stacked, very solid, but offense I just don't know. And at some point you have to score, no matter how good the defense is. Last year we only averaged 24.5 points for game, leaving us #90 in the country, out of 131 schools. I've not seen any changes, additions or anything to make me feel we are going to be any better, and perhaps see some signs of taking a few steps backwards having lost Horton and Gammage and of course Laborn while not adding anyone of note, other than a random TE and a QB from Rice of all places.

Yeah you make perfect sense, I think the same thing. I just went with a gut feeling on my picks. Our WR situation has me very perplexed though.
06-26-2023 12:09 PM
Advertisement

forphase1 Offline
1st String

(06-26-2023 12:09 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  
(06-26-2023 11:05 AM)forphase1 Wrote:  Man, this is hard. I just don't know enough about how the offense will do, with...questionable QB play, inconsistent and young WR play, and how Ali will be after only carrying the ball 47 times last year. I think the defense is going to be stacked, very solid, but offense I just don't know. And at some point you have to score, no matter how good the defense is. Last year we only averaged 24.5 points for game, leaving us #90 in the country, out of 131 schools. I've not seen any changes, additions or anything to make me feel we are going to be any better, and perhaps see some signs of taking a few steps backwards having lost Horton and Gammage and of course Laborn while not adding anyone of note, other than a random TE and a QB from Rice of all places.

Yeah you make perfect sense, I think the same thing. I just went with a gut feeling on my picks. Our WR situation has me very perplexed though.

We are built to win a bunch of 10-7, 14-10 type games, but I just don't know with the way the game is played now you can really rely on the defense not giving up much points and just pounding the ball on the ground. As to our record, not much would surprise me. I can easily see 10 wins if things go right...but I can also see 6-7 losses if things go wrong.
06-26-2023 10:38 PM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

(06-26-2023 10:38 PM)forphase1 Wrote:  
(06-26-2023 12:09 PM)GreenBison Wrote:  

We are built to win a bunch of 10-7, 14-10 type games, but I just don't know with the way the game is played now you can really rely on the defense not giving up much points and just pounding the ball on the ground. As to our record, not much would surprise me. I can easily see 10 wins if things go right...but I can also see 6-7 losses if things go wrong.

We are looking 1 dimensional and any injury on the OL or on Defense could be a huge blow to our momentum.
06-27-2023 06:45 AM
GreenBison Offline
Heisman

RE: Football 2023 Season W-L Games... you pick!
Bump
08-31-2023 07:29 AM
Surbadger Offline
1st String

RE: Football 2023 Season W-L Games... you pick!
WIN Albany
WIN ECU
WIN VPI
WIN ODU
LOSS NC State
WIN Georgia State
WIN JMU
WIN Coastal
WIN App State
WIN Georgia Southern
LOSS South Alabama
WIN stAte
08-31-2023 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.