Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Poll: What games should be part of the AAC Fans Pickem Presented By BlazerNation
Only games involving AAC teams
AAC games + Top 25 vs Top 25 games
AAC games + Top 10 vs Top 10 games
[Show Results]

AAC Fans Pickem Presented By BlazerNation
ICB Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UAB
Exclamation AAC Fans Pickem Presented By BlazerNation
I am gearing up the site for the upcoming pickem season, need to know your preferences for games to pick.

1. Only games that involve AAC Teams
2. Games that involve AAC Teams plus games with 2 top 25 teams
3. Games that involve AAC Teams plus games with 2 top 10 teams

Thanks for your feedback! Please vote in the poll if you don’t mind.
(This post was last modified: 07-02-2023 05:57 PM by ICB.)
06-22-2023 03:52 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

I Root For: ECU
RE: AAC Fans Pickem Presented By BlazerNation (Feedback needed)
(06-22-2023 03:52 PM)ICB Wrote:  I am gearing up the site for the upcoming pickem season, need to know preferences for games to pick.

I guess 1 would be my preference, but no issue with extra games via #2 or #3. I will say that it would be a lot harder if you had everyone pick ATS instead of straight up.

If someone doesn't pay attention to the teams in a straight up scenario, they can just pick based on the spread.
06-22-2023 03:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ICB Offline
Heisman

(06-22-2023 03:56 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(06-22-2023 03:52 PM)ICB Wrote:  I am gearing up the site for the upcoming pickem season, need to know preferences for games to pick.

I guess 1 would be my preference, but no issue with extra games via #2 or #3. I will say that it would be a lot harder if you had everyone pick ATS instead of straight up.

If someone doesn't pay attention to the teams in a straight up scenario, they can just pick based on the spread.

Great suggestion, however, my problem with that is the spreads are released on what Sunday or Monday, which pushes me to get them updated. Or do you know of a site where I can get close to the actual spread maybe a week or so ahead of time?
06-22-2023 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(06-22-2023 04:01 PM)ICB Wrote:  
(06-22-2023 03:56 PM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  

Great suggestion, however, my problem with that is the spreads are released on what Sunday or Monday, which pushes me to get them updated. Or do you know of a site where I can get close to the actual spread maybe a week or so ahead of time?

Nah that's a good point. Ups the maintenance. I already do Pigskin Mania, which is ATS. Straight up works. We're all in the same boat on it either way.
06-22-2023 04:02 PM
DowdyPirate Offline
Heisman

Are there going to be competing Pick Em threads each week now?05-stirthepot
06-22-2023 06:48 PM
TripleA Offline
Legend

I Root For: Memphis Tigers

Memphis Hall of Fame
(06-22-2023 06:48 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Are there going to be competing Pick Em threads each week now?05-stirthepot

Yeah, we already have a pick'em thread for all AAC games. You guys need to join forces to spread the workload, or second guy needs to pick a different gig.

Suggestions for the second gig:

1. All AAC games ATS using an early spread
2. 10 most competitive non-AAC G5 games
3. Or maybe MikeInoki retires, and the new guy takes over AAC games
(This post was last modified: 06-22-2023 09:48 PM by TripleA.)
06-22-2023 09:47 PM
Advertisement

CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(06-22-2023 09:47 PM)TripleA Wrote:  
(06-22-2023 06:48 PM)DowdyPirate Wrote:  Are there going to be competing Pick Em threads each week now?05-stirthepot

Yeah, we already have a pick'em thread for all AAC games. You guys need to join forces to spread the workload, or second guy needs to pick a different gig.

In Blazer's defense, he's got a little website going
06-23-2023 05:58 AM
TUCandoit Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Tulsa
I wasn't a fan of the additional games last year. I like the aac involved teams only format. I appreciate what you did, don't get me wrong, but it wasn't my cup of tea.
06-23-2023 08:15 AM
slhNavy91 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Navy
(06-23-2023 05:58 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  

Well, in Blazer's defense, his WAS the only AAC Pick'Em we had going last year.
When MikeinOKI couldn't do the previous version - which looks to be a little copypaste-heavy spreadsheet work - nobody stepped up to take up the work.
If Mike can come back, or someone would rather contribute than just stir the pot, I would prefer that format.
1. It is still more thread-centric. More conversation building if not community building.
2. Going to additional site is a drawback. One more login in my life.

IF the thread-centric Pick'Em comes back and Blazer is looking to fill another niche....AAC and T25, ATS, confidence points (tho the high-medium-low aspect is interesting, I expect most are more used to true confidence points a la ESPN picks)
06-23-2023 08:30 AM
CoastalJuan Offline
Business Drunk

(06-23-2023 08:30 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

When MikeinOKI couldn't do the previous version - which looks to be a little copypaste-heavy spreadsheet work - nobody stepped up to take up the work.
If Mike can come back, or someone would rather contribute than just stir the pot, I would prefer that format.
1. It is still more thread-centric. More conversation building if not community building.

IF the thread-centric Pick'Em comes back and Blazer is looking to fill another niche....AAC and T25, ATS, confidence points (tho the high-medium-low aspect is interesting, I expect most are more used to true confidence points a la ESPN picks)

I guess I saw the website as a plus because of the less manual effort. In other words, less likely to be left for dead.
06-23-2023 08:32 AM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
clt asks if charlotte gets to participate now?
06-23-2023 12:26 PM
Advertisement

Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

I Root For: Tigers - GTG!

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
For the sake of economy of effort, I recommend the thread author add another option labeled "none" to indicate lack of interest.
06-23-2023 12:45 PM
ghostofclt! Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Charlotte
(06-23-2023 12:45 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  For the sake of economy of effort, I recommend the thread author add another option labeled "none" to indicate lack of interest.

clt says you are defeating the concept here. aac chat pagers can simply not participate to show lack of interest, rather than have to complete a time consuming poll.

even your post required more effort than was needed to express no interest in participation.
06-23-2023 01:28 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(06-23-2023 01:28 PM)ghostofclt! Wrote:  
(06-23-2023 12:45 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  For the sake of economy of effort, I recommend the thread author add another option labeled "none" to indicate lack of interest.

clt says you are defeating the concept here. aac chat pagers can simply not participate to show lack of interest, rather than have to complete a time consuming poll.

even your post required more effort than was needed to express no interest in participation.

My suggestion is a courtesy to the thread author. He may not want to waste his time or effort on a project generating little interest. For example, this thread has been up a day and is composed of only 11 previous replies from posters other than the author and only seven posters. Of the 11 replies, only 8 pertained directly to the topic.
06-23-2023 01:50 PM
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
(06-23-2023 08:32 AM)CoastalJuan Wrote:  
(06-23-2023 08:30 AM)slhNavy91 Wrote:  

I guess I saw the website as a plus because of the less manual effort. In other words, less likely to be left for dead.

Exactly.
06-23-2023 02:44 PM
Fishpro10987 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Temple
How about AAC games plus a random selection of FBS games. The playoffs can be added at the end.
06-23-2023 02:46 PM
Advertisement

ICB Offline
Heisman

I appreciate all feedback, including the condescending ones. It appears that most would rather do AAC games only. I am cool with that. In the end, we will do AAC related bowl games and the playoffs.

As far as threads. I won't create multiple threads for the pickem, will update the thread with the standings and the games for the week. Feel free to post your picks (which you can do with a simple copy and paste) to thread. However, only the ones entered via the website will be counted toward the contest.

The games this year will be ATS. I will use a reputable website to predict the spread early. It wont be exact, but it will be close enough run the pickem.

If you are not interested... I do understand, and feel free to not sign up. I have been doing this for for 20+ years and some participants have been participating that long and some come and go, either way its cool.

There is a $100 Amazon gift card to the winner of each the basketball and football pickem competition to offer a little reward for being the best or luckiest.

Again... Thanks for your feedback!
06-23-2023 03:05 PM
Tiger1983 Offline
BBA

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
(06-23-2023 03:05 PM)ICB Wrote:  I appreciate all feedback, including the condescending ones. It appears that most would rather do AAC games only. I am cool with that. In the end, we will do AAC related bowl games and the playoffs.

As far as threads. I won't create multiple threads for the pickem, will update the thread with the standings and the games for the week. Feel free to post your picks (which you can do with a simple copy and paste) to thread. However, only the ones entered via the website will be counted toward the contest.

The games this year will be ATS. I will use a reputable website to predict the spread early. It wont be exact, but it will be close enough run the pickem.

If you are not interested... I do understand, and feel free to not sign up. I have been doing this for for 20+ years and some participants have been participating that long and some come and go, either way its cool.

There is a $100 Amazon gift card to the winner of each the basketball and football pickem competition to offer a little reward for being the best or luckiest.

I am unfamiliar with your service. Is it a for-profit venture?
06-23-2023 03:16 PM
ICB Offline
Heisman

(06-23-2023 03:16 PM)Tiger1983 Wrote:  
(06-23-2023 03:05 PM)ICB Wrote:  I appreciate all feedback, including the condescending ones. It appears that most would rather do AAC games only. I am cool with that. In the end, we will do AAC related bowl games and the playoffs.

I am unfamiliar with your service. Is it a for-profit venture?

Nope, not at all. I have been doing this as a hobby since the beginning. Started out with just UAB fans and grew to C-USA.

I did however just receive a license through my llc a few months ago to sell some select hand crafted UAB items, however that has nothing to do with the pickem.
06-23-2023 03:26 PM
blazers9911 Offline
Hall of Famer

Survivor Runner-up

I appreciate what you do and enjoy it every year.
06-23-2023 03:37 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.