Looks like this was just posted at the same time, so mods can delete

Sent from my SM-F721U using Tapatalk
06-05-2023 05:55 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
RE: FBI Cannot Guarantee Safety Of Whistelblower
Federal Bureau of Intimidation, good name.
06-05-2023 09:21 PM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(OT)Stupid things we and friends did in college
Ok, since this thread is already here, let's have some diversionary fun.

I went to ODU 84-88 and then again 96-97 for my Masters. We did some insanely stupid crap back in the day, things that would make us pariah's today. Let's use this thread to share stories of how stupid we, or our friends, were back in college.
1. A couple of my fraternity brothers and I found ourselves in a competitive game of quarters against some folks from another fraternity one evening. We were losing bad, really bad. I sucked at the game and was a relative lightweight when it came to chugging, so was out early. One brother made a great last stand, threw up in his cup and all over the table and proceeded to drink the vomit from his cup back down. The game was over after the next quarter entered the cup and we left to return to our dorms/apartments with tails tucked between our legs. Another brother at this event decided that it was a good idea to try to light the tennis nets beside of the old Fieldhouse on fire. Having no success, he still was able to gather the attention of the ODU police, which proceeded to pursue him. He decided to hide under an ODU facilities pickup truck that was parked along the road. Well, he evaded the police, for sure, but he also passed out. Fast forward to the next morning, and the facilities employee gets into his truck and starts to drive away, dragging my fraternity brother by the hip for a good bit before he emerged from the back of the truck. He was in the hospital for over a month, and was given the name "SPEEDBUMP" that has stuck to this day.
2. On a road trip to ECU, we were drinking with the brothers of our fraternity from the ECU chapter. One of their brothers mentioned that he hated his car (it was an old, nasty beater) and wished he could total it so he could get another. We suggested that we could help him with that wish with no harm to come to him from an accident. We proceeded to get a few baseball bats and golf clubs from our new ECU friends and totaled the car in under 10 minutes, body and under the hood. The dude actually thanked us for helping him out. What a dumbarse.

OK, now your turn..........
(This post was last modified: 06-05-2023 10:10 PM by ODUsmitty.)
06-05-2023 10:07 PM
Advertisement

AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
I’m pretty sure that the statute of limitations has expired on this one. And it MAY not have been a crime at the time anyway.

I attended college in upstate New York in the late ‘70’s/early ‘80’s. One of my fraternity brothers started a Friday tradition to kick off the weekend drinking to the afternoon game show Tic-Tac-Dough, hosted by Wink Martindale. Until, that is, the local Syracuse station decided to cancel its contract for the show.

Most of us just shrugged it off. There are countless reasons to start drinking on a Friday afternoon. But not my buddy. That weekend he found a freshly dead cat corpse (I’m 95% sure that he himself didn’t kill it, but to this day still 5% concerned that he may have). He boxed it and mailed it off to the t.v. station with a note saying that he would kill an animal for each week until Wink Martindale was returned to the airwaves. Our weekly task thereafter was to find a more and more impressive animal corpse for purposes of mailing. Roadkill was the easiest, so long as it was not apparently smushed. But it was a farming community, so it really wasn’t that difficult to find more and more impressive specimens.

I’m guessing that about half a dozen medium-to-large-size packages were mailed, until the school publicly announced that an investigation had been started. I suspect the local post office clerks knew full well who was behind it, but simply made the announcement to get us to stop. We did.

A “mostly peaceful” protest. But an unsuccessful one. Wink Martindale was never returned to the local broadcast.
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2023 06:15 AM by AdoptedMonarch.)
06-06-2023 04:58 AM
Bear Catlett Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UC
Well you never know when someone will have a bout of... "depression".
06-06-2023 07:41 AM
MemTigers1998 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Memphis
I’ve got some really good ones from high school and college (cliff notes)

1. Me and some friends in HS went on campus (private school), cut the emergency brake on a bus, put it in neutral and pushed it over the LF a fence of the baseball field

2. Same group stole pumpkins from peoples yard displays and threw a 50-60 lb one off a parking garage on a Friday night. Sounded like a bomb exploded

3. Prank called a teacher in HS and got him to drive his car 30 mins across town for a “courtesy visit” to the dealership which they knew nothing about

4. In college, me and 2 friends drank all Saturday of 2nd round ncaa tournament, got pulled over that night with weed and open containers. My friend put his open beer in the glove box and it was dripping out by the time the cop began talking to us. He ran all out licenses for warrants and when all came back clean, he let us go. Pretty sure it was because it was getting close to 11pm so he was about to get off and didn’t wanna fool with the paperwork and the trip to 201.

That’s 4 of about 50 I could think of off the top of my head
06-06-2023 07:59 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.