Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News Warner Brothers to Celebrate Its 100th Anniversary by Remaking Its Classic Films With
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Warner Brothers to Celebrate Its 100th Anniversary by Remaking Its Classic Films With
Quote:Warner Brothers studio plans to honor itself by altering the films that helped it thrive for 100 years.

No matter your opinion of Warner Brothers as a studio or the output of its entertainment content, the fact that a Hollywood studio could not only exist for 100 years but remain a major player is remarkable. The only comparable peer you can find is MGM Studios, which has languished for decades through numerous bankruptcies and was recently purchased by Amazon. Warners has remained a major studio for generations.

In celebration of its centennial, Warners has announced a new initiative it will embark on this summer to honor its history. Wait — “honor” is not the word to use here. The studio seems intent, instead, on bastardizing its cherished titles from the past century. This is not solely an attempt to remake these classic titles; the studio is intentionally looking to completely recast a clutch of films with modern woke sensibilities.

If only this were a joke. Warner Brothers is intentionally going to remake a number of notable titles in short-film format, with all manner of politically correct casting, filming, and even altering of the content of these classics. The films include revered titles like “Rebel Without a Cause,” “A Star Is Born,” and “The Adventures of Robin Hood,” along with others. That they are intentionally going to recast these films in a contemporary woke mindset is developed from the very start.

In celebration of the 100th anniversary of Warner Bros. Studios, the Warner Bros. Discovery’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team today unveiled plans for a short film series that reimagines the Studio’s iconic films through a diverse and inclusive lens. Six filmmakers have been selected to develop and shoot 20-minute short film adaptions bringing a modern lens to the classic Warner Bros. titles, with representative casting, storytelling and narrative.

The effort to incorporate and encourage a new batch of filmmakers from minority groups is itself a noble cause. Hollywood — while lecturing the country on supposed racial crimes — has long been problematic in its own level of inclusiveness. Note how every year they have to tout when a new minority is recognized at the Oscars, ignorant of the fact that it is an admission that for decades they had failed to properly recognize said group. Hispanics and Asians are particularly given the short shrift, so gathering more in is a good sign.

The problem with this is the methodology. The first issue is in wanting to alter the studio’s own history. Why not give these voices more creativity and allow them to craft their own stories? You could have a broader range of new talent involved by bringing in writers and other creators with original content for this effort.

But the biggest problem is plugging this through the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion filter embedded in the system. All of the filmmakers for this project “were selected by DEI industry veterans, including WBD’s Senior Vice President of DEI in North America.” That migraine-inducing sentence explains so much wrong with this industry. That there even exists people who could be described as “veterans” in the practice of DEI is bad enough. Now you also get the sense of the layers of this pernicious mindset put into place when you have regional offices, staffed with layers of executives dedicated to DEI compliance and content creation. It is enough to inspire writing a dystopian film script.

“We’re absolutely thrilled to work with WBD’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team to expand opportunities for a broader range of talent to realize their dreams at Warner Bros.,” said Mike De Luca and Pam Abdy, Co-Chairs & CEOs, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “We can’t think of a better way to celebrate this Studio’s 100-year legacy than investing in the next generation of great storytellers.

Really? You could not think of a better way than this?! I guess that says it all. They want to invest in the next generation — by making them look back and remake movies that are decades old. And how eager are you to see great storytellers when you are having them work on existing stories? The next century of Woker Brothers is not shaping up to be worth watching.

Link
04-26-2023 06:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

boss man Offline
The Collapse is Imminent

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
RE: Warner Brothers to Celebrate Its 100th Anniversary by Remaking Its Classic Films With
And hopefully most people will be like me and not even watch the bastardized version of those movies. Warner Bros embracing the DIE mentality.
04-26-2023 08:22 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
RE: Warner Brothers to Celebrate Its 100th Anniversary by Remaking Its Classic Films With
Robin Hood turned woke? Does he only steal from Tories?

Does the Sheriff of Nottingham defeat him and then beat and kill the Merry Men. At least the Black English Merry Men?

Is Robin Hood trans?

Warner Brothers also did Loony Tunes. Maybe this is a comic version?!
04-26-2023 08:46 PM
DavidSt Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ATU, P7
(04-26-2023 06:21 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:Warner Brothers studio plans to honor itself by altering the films that helped it thrive for 100 years.

No matter your opinion of Warner Brothers as a studio or the output of its entertainment content, the fact that a Hollywood studio could not only exist for 100 years but remain a major player is remarkable. The only comparable peer you can find is MGM Studios, which has languished for decades through numerous bankruptcies and was recently purchased by Amazon. Warners has remained a major studio for generations.

In celebration of its centennial, Warners has announced a new initiative it will embark on this summer to honor its history. Wait — “honor” is not the word to use here. The studio seems intent, instead, on bastardizing its cherished titles from the past century. This is not solely an attempt to remake these classic titles; the studio is intentionally looking to completely recast a clutch of films with modern woke sensibilities.

If only this were a joke. Warner Brothers is intentionally going to remake a number of notable titles in short-film format, with all manner of politically correct casting, filming, and even altering of the content of these classics. The films include revered titles like “Rebel Without a Cause,” “A Star Is Born,” and “The Adventures of Robin Hood,” along with others. That they are intentionally going to recast these films in a contemporary woke mindset is developed from the very start.

In celebration of the 100th anniversary of Warner Bros. Studios, the Warner Bros. Discovery’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team today unveiled plans for a short film series that reimagines the Studio’s iconic films through a diverse and inclusive lens. Six filmmakers have been selected to develop and shoot 20-minute short film adaptions bringing a modern lens to the classic Warner Bros. titles, with representative casting, storytelling and narrative.

The effort to incorporate and encourage a new batch of filmmakers from minority groups is itself a noble cause. Hollywood — while lecturing the country on supposed racial crimes — has long been problematic in its own level of inclusiveness. Note how every year they have to tout when a new minority is recognized at the Oscars, ignorant of the fact that it is an admission that for decades they had failed to properly recognize said group. Hispanics and Asians are particularly given the short shrift, so gathering more in is a good sign.

The problem with this is the methodology. The first issue is in wanting to alter the studio’s own history. Why not give these voices more creativity and allow them to craft their own stories? You could have a broader range of new talent involved by bringing in writers and other creators with original content for this effort.

But the biggest problem is plugging this through the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion filter embedded in the system. All of the filmmakers for this project “were selected by DEI industry veterans, including WBD’s Senior Vice President of DEI in North America.” That migraine-inducing sentence explains so much wrong with this industry. That there even exists people who could be described as “veterans” in the practice of DEI is bad enough. Now you also get the sense of the layers of this pernicious mindset put into place when you have regional offices, staffed with layers of executives dedicated to DEI compliance and content creation. It is enough to inspire writing a dystopian film script.

“We’re absolutely thrilled to work with WBD’s Diversity, Equity and Inclusion team to expand opportunities for a broader range of talent to realize their dreams at Warner Bros.,” said Mike De Luca and Pam Abdy, Co-Chairs & CEOs, Warner Bros. Pictures Group. “We can’t think of a better way to celebrate this Studio’s 100-year legacy than investing in the next generation of great storytellers.

Really? You could not think of a better way than this?! I guess that says it all. They want to invest in the next generation — by making them look back and remake movies that are decades old. And how eager are you to see great storytellers when you are having them work on existing stories? The next century of Woker Brothers is not shaping up to be worth watching.

Link

WB should rethink why they lost CW and sold it to Nextstar? They had the disaster woke tv shows like Batwoman which made all men week including making The Flash and Superman weak to her on the crossover event. Their movies with the Wonder Woman was not woke which did good at the Box Office. I think the tv side and the movie sides are completely different. Marvel on the other hand from a different company made everything woke lately that destroyed a lot of the superheroes, and making Thor come out gay.
04-27-2023 04:39 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

The Sicatoka Offline
All American

I Root For: North Dakota
Will WB be serving Bud Light at their screenings?
04-27-2023 06:49 AM
umbluegray Offline
Legend

I Root For: The Tigers!
Sounds like a great idea!

I hope they spare no expense when remaking these and go all out! No budget cap. Spend as much as possible on these, uh, nuggets. Break the bank!

01-wingedeagle
04-27-2023 08:22 AM
Fo Shizzle Offline
Pragmatic Classical Liberal

I Root For: ECU PIRATES

Balance of Power Contest
Im more concerned that the industry now can't seem to come up with anything new. Nothing but remakes and endless sequels/prequels. I think the last real ground breaking movie I saw was "Inception" in 2010.
04-27-2023 08:39 AM
Advertisement

bullet Offline
Legend

I Root For: Texas, UK, UGA
(04-27-2023 08:39 AM)Fo Shizzle Wrote:  Im more concerned that the industry now can't seem to come up with anything new. Nothing but remakes and endless sequels/prequels. I think the last real ground breaking movie I saw was "Inception" in 2010.

Its the people. Woke garbage or remakes. Some of them aren't very far back and you wonder why you would remake them.
04-27-2023 11:12 AM
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
Steven Spielberg Declares Films Should Not Be 'Revised' to Fit Today's 'Lenses'

Quote:Director Steven Spielberg revealed an editing “mistake” he believes he made in one of his films.

During an interview with Time Magazine on Tuesday, Spielberg spoke with Edward Felsenthal, the former editor-in-chief, and was asked if he would edit or do something different in his films.

Felsenthal mentioned Spielberg taking guns out of “E.T.,” which Spielberg admitted “was a mistake.”

“I never should have done that because ‘E.T.’ is a product of its era. No film should be revised based on the lenses we now are, either voluntarily or being forced to peer through,” he added.

However, Spielberg explained the reasoning behind his decision.

“‘E.T.’ was a film that I was sensitive to the fact that the federal agents were approaching a bunch of kids with their firearms exposed and I thought I would change the guns into walkie-talkies,” he said.

Spielberg explained the changes were made to align with his evolving views, but he wished he hadn’t done it.

“I should never have missed with the archive of my own work, and I don’t recommend anybody really do that,” he said.

He added, “All our movies are a kind of measuring – a signpost of where we were when we made them, what the world was like, and what the world was receiving when we got those stories out there. So I really regret having done that.”

Felsenthal asked the “Jurassic Park” director if he felt this way about every artistic medium. He mentioned author Roald Dahl’s book “Charlie & The Chocolate Factory,” which was rewritten to remove any offensive descriptions about the characters in the original text.

“Nobody should ever attempt to take the chocolate out of Willy Wonka! Ever! And they shouldn’t take the chocolate or the vanilla, or any other flavor out of anything that has been written,” he stated.

He added, “For me, it is sacrosanct. It’s our history, it’s our cultural heritage.”

Spielberg empathized he does “not believe in censorship in that way.”
04-27-2023 02:27 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(04-26-2023 08:22 PM)boss man Wrote:  And hopefully most people will be like me and not even watch the bastardized version of those movies. Warner Bros embracing the DIE mentality.

They arent even movies. They are apparently just short works. Honestly, Im not really sure what they are trying to accomplish here beyond shouting out how woke they are---which is in and of itself of little value since I suspect nobody was the least bit confused on that aspect of the studio's political leanings. Speilberg has it right. The work and lives of people in the past should be viewed through the lens of the social and cultural norms of that period---not through our current pompous self righteous attitudes----which, despite what we think right now---are just as likely to be viewed far less favorably in the future than they are today.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023 04:06 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-27-2023 03:57 PM
Advertisement

stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-27-2023 03:57 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(04-26-2023 08:22 PM)boss man Wrote:  And hopefully most people will be like me and not even watch the bastardized version of those movies. Warner Bros embracing the DIE mentality.

They arent even movies. They are apparently just short works. Honestly, Im not really sure what they are trying to accomplish here beyond shouting out how woke they are---which is in and of itself of little value since I suspect nobody was the least bit confused on that aspect of the studio's political leanings. Speilberg has it right. The work and lives of people in the past should be viewed through the lens of the social and cultural norms of that period---not through our current pompous self righteous attitudes----which, despite what we think right now---are just as likely to be viewed far less favorably in the future than they are today.

what I find amusing (en macro) is if this shite happens today on a culturally evolving daily basis, imagine how much 'history' has been rewritten over time...

therefore, why is today's 'slaughter via the nom de plume butchers' any different than any other era?!!?!

our species is such a simple one when it comes to preying on the '(e)motions'....

it's almost too easy at this point ... imagine what it'll be like when AI takes over....
04-27-2023 04:20 PM
Attackcoog Online

I Root For: Houston
(04-27-2023 04:20 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

what I find amusing (en macro) is if this shite happens today on a culturally evolving daily basis, imagine how much 'history' has been rewritten over time...

therefore, why is today's 'slaughter via the nom de plume butchers' any different than any other era?!!?!

our species is such a simple one when it comes to preying on the '(e)motions'....

it's almost too easy at this point ... imagine what it'll be like when AI takes over....

Yup. In the last interview I saw with Elon Musk, he indicated that his concerns with AI weren't that it would take over like Skynet---though that is a potential danger. No, his concern was that for the first time in human history---humans would not be the smartest entity on the planet. His biggest concern was that AI would use its algorithms to learn the best words, arguments, and phrases to convince and motivate humans-----and use that information to manipulate and control humans without the people even being aware they were being manipulated. Even if you strip away the Hollywood "Terminator" angle from AI---the basic potential it has to develop the ability to manipulate the masses with simple words could be a horrifically bad development if it was misused---not by an AI machine---but by other humans.
(This post was last modified: 04-27-2023 06:33 PM by Attackcoog.)
04-27-2023 06:28 PM
stinkfist Offline
nuts zongo's in the house

I Root For: Mustard Buzzards
(04-27-2023 06:28 PM)Attackcoog Wrote:  
(04-27-2023 04:20 PM)stinkfist Wrote:  

Yup. In the last interview I saw with Elon Musk, he indicated that his concerns with AI weren't that it would take over like Skynet---though that is a potential danger. No, his concern was that for the first time in human history---humans would not be the smartest entity on the planet. His biggest concern was that AI would use its algorithms to learn the best words, arguments, and phrases to convince and motivate humans-----and use that information to manipulate and control humans without the people even being aware they were being manipulated. Even if you strip away the Hollywood "Terminator" angle from AI---the basic potential it has to develop the ability to manipulate the masses with simple words could be a horrifically bad development if it was misused---not by an AI machine---but by other humans.

XACLY!

he's spot the fk on with this .... it's the author writing the code one should fear ... just look what the donk/rino-tards have done since muh great society W/O THAT TOOL!

imagine the day when AI is called to testify on the stand 'under oath' or solicited for health care guidance or etc ...... and the code is geared to destroy w/o the dipshites knowledge on the front end...

there are so many black heart scenarios with this version of the silicon ... all I know is I'll either be dead or in #costa in 7.4 yrs...

regardless, the future is beyond fk'd for the avg. Joe!
04-27-2023 09:04 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.