Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

News RNC tries to use liberal flower shop on floral arrangements, gets rejected
CrimsonPhantom Offline
CUSA Curator

I Root For: NM State
RNC tries to use liberal flower shop on floral arrangements, gets rejected
Quote:The Republican National Committee (RNC) was promptly turned down after it attempted to procure floral arrangements from a liberal flower shop in Nashville, Tennessee. The business, FLWR, suggested that they did not want to provide service to the Republican party until it had changed its position on gun control.

However, the business did not stop there. They went on to encourage other businesses in the Nashville area to follow suit, refusing to take money or accept business from the Republican party until it changed course on gun control. Nashville was recently the site of a school shooting, where Audrey Hale, who identified as transgender, walked into Nashville Covenant Christian school, killing three 9-year-olds and three faculty members.

The Instagram post read: “Last week we received a request to provide floral design services for an RNC fundraising event planned to take place in our city in mid-April, featuring Donald Trump and other prominent members of the Republican party.”

“We immediately declined this ‘opportunity,’ and we want to take this moment to publicly clarify our stance as small business owners in Nashville, Tennessee.”

“We would like to challenge others in the Nashville event industry to say no to taking money or jobs from the Republican party until they begin to make the changes to gun laws that most Americans are calling for.”

The social media post went on to condemn the Republican party, saying that the Nashville community “has just lost seven people, including three young children, to yet another school shooting.” They continued by suggesting that the RNC “has done” a significant amount in contributing to “this tragedy and so many others just like it.”

The company stated that the budget for the job was “large” and they would not usually turn down something like this, but went on to say that “the blood of the 3 beautiful babies we lost in Nashville is on that money.”

According to Fox News, the RNC fundraising event set for this weekend will feature speakers including former President Donald Trump, former Vice President Mike Pence, Senator Marsha Blackburn, and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp.

Link
04-14-2023 06:32 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Was SoMs Eagle Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Mustard Buzzard
RE: RNC tries to use liberal flower shop on floral arrangements, gets rejected
(04-14-2023 06:32 PM)CrimsonPhantom Wrote:  
Quote:The Republican National Committee (RNC) was promptly turned down after it attempted to procure floral arrangements from a liberal flower shop in Nashville, Tennessee. The business, FLWR, suggested that they did not want to provide service to the Republican party until it had changed its position on gun control.

However, the business did not stop there. They went on to encourage other businesses in the Nashville area to follow suit, refusing to take money or accept business from the Republican party until it changed course on gun control. Nashville was recently the site of a school shooting, where Audrey Hale, who identified as transgender, walked into Nashville Covenant Christian school, killing three 9-year-olds and three faculty members.

The Instagram post read: “Last week we received a request to provide floral design services for an RNC fundraising event planned to take place in our city in mid-April, featuring Donald Trump and other prominent members of the Republican party.”

“We immediately declined this ‘opportunity,’ and we want to take this moment to publicly clarify our stance as small business owners in Nashville, Tennessee.”

“We would like to challenge others in the Nashville event industry to say no to taking money or jobs from the Republican party until they begin to make the changes to gun laws that most Americans are calling for.”

The social media post went on to condemn the Republican party, saying that the Nashville community “has just lost seven people, including three young children, to yet another school shooting.” They continued by suggesting that the RNC “has done” a significant amount in contributing to “this tragedy and so many others just like it.”

The company stated that the budget for the job was “large” and they would not usually turn down something like this, but went on to say that “the blood of the 3 beautiful babies we lost in Nashville is on that money.”

According to Fox News, the RNC fundraising event set for this weekend will feature speakers including former President Donald Trump, former Vice President Mike Pence, Senator Marsha Blackburn, and Georgia Governor Brian Kemp.

Link

I would encourage all republicans never give this shop a cent of their money. Let them survive on democrats alone. Somehow we need to start publicizing all of these woke democrats and let them know there are republicans who used to be customers of theirs. No more republican weddings, Mother’s Day, birthdays or funerals.
I’m sure the republicans will just stay quiet and go elsewhere. Shame.
04-14-2023 07:01 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
banker Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Marshall
Their choice, no problem with it. Just like Bud Light can be Trans “mission” fluid if it wants. These things help me know the right companies to support with my purchases.
04-14-2023 11:32 PM
AdoptedMonarch Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(04-14-2023 11:32 PM)banker Wrote:  Their choice, no problem with it. Just like Bud Light can be Trans “mission” fluid if it wants. These things help me know the right companies to support with my purchases.

100% agree.

The best thing about the DEI movement is that it has made it very easy to vet my charitable and large-purchase decisions. Both my college and grad school have flunked their test and have been cut off. I have resigned from the board of an industry association. I no longer donate to ODU’s athletic club (although I’m not quite ready to give up my season tickets).

Do any of them care? Not about me specifically - - although I did get calls from each. But my sense is that this tide is going to shift over the coming years. The purple-hair do-gooders have a lot of energy. But not much money.
04-15-2023 05:46 AM
Advertisement

appst89 Offline
Herding Cats

I Root For: Appalachian St.
Their business, their choice. Buy flowers somewhere else.
04-15-2023 07:08 AM
Eagleaidaholic Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Southern Miss
(04-15-2023 07:08 AM)appst89 Wrote:  Their business, their choice. Buy flowers somewhere else.

But will they go broke defending that right all the way to the SCOTUS?
04-15-2023 08:59 AM
ODUsmitty Online
Heisman

I Root For: Old Dominion
(04-14-2023 11:32 PM)banker Wrote:  Their choice, no problem with it. Just like Bud Light can be Trans “mission” fluid if it wants. These things help me know the right companies to support with my purchases.
I think a business has a right to make a decision on who to serve and who not to serve, even if the reason not to serve seems silly or petty.

Of course, if this was a bakery and a gay couple wanted a wedding cake, I am absolutely sure our leftist friends would likewise respect the right of the bakery to refuse service, as well.
04-15-2023 10:57 PM
olliebaba Offline
Legend

I Root For: Christ
The only drawback in boycotting these businesses is that the people who used to frequent them just stop going and DO NOT let the owners know why. The owners just think it's because of the economy but they need to be told the real reason. Reps should not give a Schiff if that flower shop doesn't want Rep money just go somewhere else, after letting them know why like I stated and give it to some other flower shop. There's no need in trying to push the Demonic agenda like they do.
04-16-2023 01:27 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.