Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Quenton Goods Mystery
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: ECU
Quenton Goods Mystery
Anyone that looks at our basketball team can see what our problem is. We are starting a 6-8 195 guy at Center that started some games at Small Foward last year. The last game we started a 6-6 210 walk on at power foward that is more of a perimiter player.

What is the most puzzling thing to me is on the bench we have a guy that was rated as a top 100 prep player by several recruiting outlets. He is 6-8 225lbs and played for a top 20 high school prep team in the nation that produced 4 D1 players. He was the #3 scorer and #2 rebounder on the team averaging 18 points and 10 rebounds a game and before that he was the conference player of the year a couple of times in a solid 3A NC conference. All this an our need for a big man and this guy has yet to get in a game and can't even find his way off the bench in blow outs and the coaching staff has said he is just to raw right now and they are considering redshirting him. Is that strange or is that just me??
12-15-2005 05:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

Based on the prospects of this season, I would agree with redshirting anybody that can help down the road. On paper it looks like Stokes has a good class coming in next year. As bad as it sucks we need to look at this season as one big scrimmage.
We have all lived through it for many years with ECU basketball, dreaming that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I say let Stokes do his thing. What do we have to lose? A winning ECU Basketball tradition?
12-15-2005 07:40 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

I Root For: My Kids & ECU

Crappies

I'm serious, let's look at this year in Pirate Basketball as the last year of UCF football. I hope and pray that Stokes is building something, and that he knows what he is doing. It sucks for Rouse though.
12-15-2005 07:43 PM
ShoreBuc Offline
Heisman

If Stokes can put a product on the court at Minges that can win then it will be worth the wait.
I dont quite understand the loyalty to Herrion and his mediocre results. I say give Stokes a legitimate shot and if it does not work out then......Next 01-swc
12-15-2005 07:48 PM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

ShoreBuc Wrote:If Stokes can put a product on the court at Minges that can win then it will be worth the wait.
I dont quite understand the loyalty to Herrion and his mediocre results. I say give Stokes a legitimate shot and if it does not work out then......Next 01-swc

I read an article that someone posted from when Herrion was first hired at ECU. They talked about how he was going to steam roll through the CAA and how he would make ECU a power. Boy were they wrong. I liked Herrion, I really did, but he didn't have something, I don't know what he lacked, but he just didn't have it to get us moving up.
12-15-2005 10:00 PM
PurplePeopleEater Offline
1st String

I Root For: East Carolina

DonatorsNCAAbbs LUG

Quote:...but he didn't have something, I don't know what he lacked, but he just didn't have it to get us moving up.

Methinks it's called "retention." 03-idea lmfao
12-15-2005 10:37 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

GrayBeard Wrote:
ShoreBuc Wrote:If Stokes can put a product on the court at Minges that can win then it will be worth the wait.

I read an article that someone posted from when Herrion was first hired at ECU. They talked about how he was going to steam roll through the CAA and how he would make ECU a power. Boy were they wrong. I liked Herrion, I really did, but he didn't have something, I don't know what he lacked, but he just didn't have it to get us moving up.

That was me, it was an ESPN article. Everyone picked us to win the CAA that first year. I remember ESPN, sports illistrated even had a write up on us in their preseason review.

I think we have a great staff right now with Stokes, McCarthy, and Fergeson with TH overseeing it. I just hope we can hold it together long enough to get some players in here.

Also I can't imagine Stokes saving this Goods guy for the future Shore Buc not with what is at stake for ECU in the next few years and with 3 big men already signed on for the next year (4 if you included Ramsey). IMO we have some nice pieces especially on the perimeter we are really one big man (to compliment Rouse) away from being a pretty decent team IMO. We haven't be getting blown out outside the ODU game, and it appears we should be able to compete for about middle of the road in CUSA. There are some bad teams in CUSA like ourselves.

Hearing Stokes it sounds more like this guy really doesn't have it as he talks about it being a tough transition from HS to college. I am just wondering how they guy was such a touted recruit and played a major part on a top 20 HS team??

It is also mysterious how a 6-6 soph walk on perimeter player like Taylor Gagnon can beat out a couple of upperclassmen Juco All Americans in Beale and Castro that played major parts on a top 20 Juco team. It's just kind of wild IMO. Stokes said he was going to put the people in that worked hard so I guess that is the explanation. But GEZZZ.
12-16-2005 12:22 AM
Advertisement

GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

What's the deal with Castro? Is he getting much playing time?
12-16-2005 10:05 AM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

GrayBeard Wrote:What's the deal with Castro? Is he getting much playing time?

I don't think he even got of the bench the last game. The game before he forgot to put on his Jersey. He was going to sub in and when he took off his warm up shirt he just had a t-shirt on. 03-melodramatic
12-16-2005 02:36 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

StillJonesing Wrote:
GrayBeard Wrote:What's the deal with Castro? Is he getting much playing time?

I don't think he even got of the bench the last game. The game before he for got to put on his Jersey. He was going to sup in and when he took off his warm up shirt he just had a t-shirt on. 03-melodramatic

Please tell me that you are joking! 04-jawdrop
12-16-2005 05:11 PM
Advertisement

ManiacMark Offline
1st String

I Root For: ARRRRRRRRRR

I saw it too.
12-16-2005 05:32 PM
pir8sportsfan Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:

Look guys, we will get better. It will take time but I'm sure that TH and RS will get this thing rolling. We aren't any worse talent wise than we were last year. These guys need to be given time to learn a new system. At least our conference isn't as hard as it used to be.
12-16-2005 05:37 PM
StillJonesing Offline
Hall of Famer

Honestly when I saw the T-shirt I though he must have just pulled both the Jersey and Warm up off, but the coach never put him back in and later I read he forgot it.
12-16-2005 07:10 PM
GrayBeard Offline
Whiny Troll

Crappies

How does a ball player forget his damn uniform? Does this guy not have any smarts whatsoever? Geez.
12-16-2005 07:17 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.